ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 26
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Defense thread***
BigRedChief 08:08 PM 09-21-2021
Discuss all things defense

When you're so bad at run defense you make it a legitimately good choice to run the ball at you consistently, that's pretty impressive(ly bad). https://t.co/hFnQIuLKqe

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 21, 2021

[Reply]
crispystl 01:01 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Damn. Great answer!
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:07 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
That’s, uhhh… not very hopeful sounding
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:09 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Maybe try benching Niemann and Sorenson then.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:05 AM 10-04-2021
I understand not setting your defense as late as possible to avoid giving the QB this information pre-snap. Solid plan. Yet....

Since we have several players out of position when the ball is snapped and or not knowing where they are supposed to be on this defensive call.... isn't that worse?
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:11 AM 10-04-2021
They seemed to struggle with Philly's tempo, among everything else.

It did appear Spags got creative with bringing pressure that threw Hurts timing off just enough in the 2nd half (outside of the garbage time TD).
[Reply]
jd1020 07:20 AM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Maybe try benching Niemann and Sorenson then.
Those guys can be upgraded, sure, but I dont think the main issue in why the hell receivers have 10 yards of cushion on every fucking pass play is a personnel issue.

How many times was the defense not set as the ball was being snapped yesterday?

How many times did the RB or a WR shifting across the field come out of the backfield for a reception and not have a defender within 15 yards?

Jalen Hurts just threw for half of his season total and 2 TDs because his WRs werent even being challenged. It was like the Chiefs defense was at practice and every playmaker on the Eagles offense was wearing a red jersey. They are just really consistent when it comes to blown assignments or the play call doesnt account for someone catching a dump off and running it 15 yards for the first down. Which is it? Either way, there is something terribly wrong with the execution of this defense and thats all on Spags.
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 10-04-2021
I think I agree.

It’s just disconnected. They need to get on the same page.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:28 AM 10-04-2021
This defense blows goats. I'm crapping you negative.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:31 AM 10-04-2021
Hitchens is supposed to be the QB of the defense right? Well he’s fucking Matt Cassel right now. All teams have to do is run hurry up and he can’t get anyone where they’re supposed to be. And then he’s to slow to respond when tbd ball is snapped.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:41 AM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Those guys can be upgraded, sure, but I dont think the main issue in why the hell receivers have 10 yards of cushion on every ****ing pass play is a personnel issue.

How many times was the defense not set as the ball was being snapped yesterday?

How many times did the RB or a WR shifting across the field come out of the backfield for a reception and not have a defender within 15 yards?

Jalen Hurts just threw for half of his season total and 2 TDs because his WRs werent even being challenged. It was like the Chiefs defense was at practice and every playmaker on the Eagles offense was wearing a red jersey. They are just really consistent when it comes to blown assignments or the play call doesnt account for someone catching a dump off and running it 15 yards for the first down. Which is it? Either way, there is something terribly wrong with the execution of this defense and thats all on Spags.
Did we get an answer from the coaches after the games as to why this is happening?
[Reply]
O.city 12:59 PM 10-04-2021
Is this a dl problem or a linebacker issue or what? It’s fucking awful
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:02 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Is this a dl problem or a linebacker issue or what? It’s ****ing awful
All of the above.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:10 PM 10-04-2021
Willie Gay Jr could be activated this week according to Andy. Have we ever put more expectations on an LB as we are with Willie Gay? Although tbh the kid's potential is through the roof and I think he'll be able to take the LB spot up a few levels from where it's been thus far.
[Reply]
TEX 01:12 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Willie Gay Jr could be activated this week according to Andy. Have we ever put more expectations on an LB as we are with Willie Gay? Although tbh the kid's potential is through the roof and I think he'll be able to take the LB spot up a few levels from where it's been thus far.
I don't think he will see the field enough to really make a difference. He seems to always have something wrong with him.
[Reply]
TEX 01:14 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Is this a dl problem or a linebacker issue or what? It’s ****ing awful
Both. Don't forget about the Secondary. There is fail at all levels. There isn't really anything that any part of this defense does well. I've heard some make comparisons to the 2018 defense. At least the 2018 total shit defense, had a decent pass rush. This defense has nothing.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 26
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up