ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 146
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:06 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Not much, actually. That was a weird outlier game. Kelce dropped a TD that he catches 99.9 out of a hundred times, our back up kicker (Butker was hurt) missed an easy FG and then we ran a fake FG that didn't work. Mahomes wasn't particularly good that day. It was the epitome of what you will see and hear a lot of if you pay attention to fans and media who cover the Chiefs. Most of the time, when the Chiefs lose, it's more about what they don't do versus what the other team does do. I don't mean that in the general sense that in every loss you can point to a few things you could've done differently, I mean that most of the Chiefs losses are pretty full of mistakes that they don't usually make. If you add the 4 points from the Kelce drop, plus the missed FG plus add 3 for the FG we would've had if Butker had been in, we score 26 points that day vs the Colts.
Don’t forget to mention that we actually won that game until Chris Jones said something mean in a football game and the referee took great offense to it. It’s the reason I’ve been laughing at everyone who tries to bring up bad refereeing this week but can’t point to 1 significant call that affected the outcome of the game. That 1 unsportsmanlike taunting penalty literally cost us the game.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:09 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
We also had this twat throw a flag on Chris Jones after his game ending 4th down sack, giving the Colts a new set of downs. For what reason? CJ said something to Matt Ryan. Seriously, that was the reason. FTR this is the same douchenozzle ref that chased down Bosa and then flagged him for something HE said. This power-tripping ****tard flags for language. What a fucking Karen.

I agree on the “mean words” flag and it was BS. But KC is the better team and it never should have come down to that call. The Colts were missing their best defender and KC still did not score like they could have.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:11 AM 02-02-2023
Not much, actually. That was a weird outlier game. Kelce dropped a TD that he catches 99.9 out of a hundred times, our back up kicker (Butker was hurt) missed an easy FG and then we ran a fake FG that didn't work. Mahomes wasn't particularly good that day. It was the epitome of what you will see and hear a lot of if you pay attention to fans and media who cover the Chiefs. Most of the time, when the Chiefs lose, it's more about what they don't do versus what the other team does do. I don't mean that in the general sense that in every loss you can point to a few things you could've done differently, I mean that most of the Chiefs losses are pretty full of mistakes that they don't usually make. If you add the 4 points from the Kelce drop, plus the missed FG plus add 3 for the FG we would've had if Butker had been in, we score 26 points that day vs the Colts.
Orlando Brown was also operating on a bad wheel after hurting his knee in Arizona and got whipped repeatedly by Ngakuoe.

Skyy Moore dropped a punt to give the Colts first and goal at the 4.

Chiefs missed a FG and ran a fake instead of a FG to leave six more points out there.

Without a healthy and reliable kicker, it's a typical ho-hum Chiefs 23-20 win against a bad team.

Take out the Moore fumble or the Kelce drop, and it's 23-13 or 27-20.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:11 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I agree on the “mean words” flag and it was BS. But KC is the better team and it never should have come down to that call. The Colts were missing their best defender and KC still did not score like they could have.
Yep, all true. Just pointing out that despite our mediocre/poor play, "playing down to lesser competition", we had it won until "yellow hanky Karen" decided to ask for a manager.
[Reply]
cmd227 09:14 AM 02-02-2023
This is a good time...From the EMBs...

Eagles Hire Andy

Andy brings on Doug to be QB

Eagles Fire Andy

Chiefs Hire Andy

Andy Fires Sirianni

Andy hires Doug

Eagles Hire Doug (From Andy's Recommendation)

Doug brings on Frank Reich

Eagles Win First Super Bowl

Frank Reich is hired by the Colts

Frank Hires Sirianni

Andy Wins First Super Bowl

Andy Goes to back to back Super Bowls

Eagles Fire Doug

Eagles Hire Sirianni (Frank's Recommendation)

Sirianni Faces Andy Reid in the Super Bowl
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:19 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I find it a little surprising how little the Eagles throw to their running backs.

Gainwell and Sanders only combined for about 250 yards on 43 catches for the year.

There’s really very literal mystery about where they want to throw the ball.
Their running game is just so effective. It really does a ton to open up their downfield passing attack.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:22 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Their running game is just so effective. It really does a ton to open up their downfield passing attack.
I do wonder if playing so many bad QBs this year allowed them to rely on the run game more.

They’ve been able to bring a sword to a knife fight all year.

The Super Bowl is a gun fight though. Will the sword be as effective?
[Reply]
tredadda 09:23 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by cmd227:
Thanks for the feedback. This game cannot get here fast enough. I feel Jalen is going to be the X factor. I am really not sure which Jalen is going to be there and if the enormity of this game is going to overly hype him. Also, since the shoulder, the deep ball is a bit off which had been tops in the league this year. Go Birds!
What are Eagles fans saying about this game?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:26 AM 02-02-2023
I do wonder if playing so many bad QBs this year allowed them to rely on the run game more.

[Reply]
tredadda 09:26 AM 02-02-2023

Not if KC jumps out to a big lead. That’s a team that benefits greatly from being ahead. They can bludgeon a team with their ground game and pin their ears back on defense as the other team has to pass to play catch up. I would be shocked if they don’t continue that, especially if Hurts isn’t 100% by the game.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:31 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Not if KC jumps out to a big lead. That’s a team that benefits greatly from being ahead. They can bludgeon a team with their ground game and pin their ears back on defense as the other team has to pass to play catch up. I would be shocked if they don’t continue that, especially if Hurts isn’t 100% by the game.
The Eagles are a team that could be down 17-3 and they'd still be handing off.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:07 AM 02-02-2023
in addition, Skyye Moore muffed like 2 or 3 punts that day. It was an early season game and this team was still finding itself. The offense only had 1 WR that was not a new player. Defense was(is) full of rookies.

Edit: And the Chiefs had the game won when they stopped the Colts on 4th down only to get flagged by some idiot ref for Chris Jones saying something mean to the QB.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:29 AM 02-02-2023

“He’s in for a free ride. You and I could coach this team”

Looks like we have some more to talk about with Zach Pascal tonight pic.twitter.com/sFz7JCKscG

— Chris Infante (@Infante54) February 2, 2023

Giants safety literally says anyone could coach the Eagles.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:30 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Eagles are a team that could be down 17-3 and they'd still be handing off.
Bring it.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:32 AM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Bring it.
I mean that in the sense that I don't think they can play a game where Hurts has to pass 40 times. It's why being ahead is important, they haven't had to change what they do much at all.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 146
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Up