ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 235 of 240
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:14 PM 09-24-2021
Was not a bad decision by Andy.

You throw the ball and it gets tipped or something.

Or worse, a bad snap.

The blame is 100% on CEH. I'm blaming Thuney before I'm blaming Reid on that play.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:28 PM 09-24-2021
Running the ball on a 2nd and 3 with almost a minute and 45 seconds and all your time outs isn't a bad play. Idea is to get a first down and force Baltimore to call a time out. Then you can go back to score a touchdown mode or at worst you are in field goal range. Shitty luck on a fumble.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:32 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I wish the halls, meeting rooms, and phones at 1 Arrowhead way were "Mic'd up" this week. Oh, and the stairwell too... :-)
And gum wrappers. Definitely need those for nostalgic purposes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:11 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
Is he though? What evidence do we have that Mahomes has enough control to call his own plays or even audible out of called plays? With Peyton Manning, you could tell he was calling the shots. I'm not seeing anything to make me believe that Mahomes is controlling much with the play calls. I don't recall any instances of him yelling out an audible to change a play call. Is there something I'm missing that shows that he has complete control?
Seriously? Watch his hands. He’s making subtle adjustments to route tree options on several plays a game. Plus they run a shit ton of RPO where Mahomes has complete control.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:49 PM 09-24-2021
We scored 35 points and lost. That says it all for me.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:04 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
We scored 35 points and lost. That says it all for me.
In all fairness, the offense scored only 28 as HB was responsible for 7 of those points.

Run defense was AWFUL. But offense made 2 really costly turnovers. There’s blame to go all around on this one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:11 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Running the ball on a 2nd and 3 with almost a minute and 45 seconds and all your time outs isn't a bad play. Idea is to get a first down and force Baltimore to call a time out. Then you can go back to score a touchdown mode or at worst you are in field goal range. Shitty luck on a fumble.
But we weren't tied.

I'm fine playing for a FG when a miss means overtime. But I don't understand playing for the FG there when a miss means the game is over.

It was just too passive. The idea behind it AND the execution of the plan.

This team doesn't work nearly as well at 80% speed. We've seen it for a couple of years. When they aren't playing with their hair on fire, they get bored and they don't execute well. They make mistakes they just don't make when they have their backs to the wall or when they're keeping their foot on the gas.

They went into slow-down mode (presumably to appease the idiot "ANDY CAN'T MANAGE A CLOCK!!!" crowd, but sacrificed their edge in the process.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:37 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
YES! PMII even said he should have thrown it to Robinson - I believe, instead of Kelce. This could be a 9 - 8 season. This team is NOT going back to the SB - It ain't happening - IF they make it to the Playoffs, they will be one and done as we have seen in the past. No RB, No defense - it is not going to happen. Raiders WILL win the division and we will all be disappointed - CALLING FACT! WE HAVE NO RB AND WE HAVE NO DEFENSE - straight UP. Yes, WEEK 3 throwing in the towel. Chargers 2 times, Raiders 2 times, Buffalo, Steelers and oh yes, Broncos are 2 - 0. WFT, Dallas, Cardinals, Green Bay, Titans, Steelers, 49ers. I just do not see it. I have already given up on this team - flame away but, it is not happening. See ya next season!
Imagine being this much of a beta bitch.

If Alex Smith is your QB with Junior Hemingway and Anthony Fasano, I could understand this attitude after that performance. But with Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce?

You don’t deserve this team.

And I’ve got good news for you - I guarantee we don’t lose to the Cardinals or the 49ers this year. Because we already beat them. In the preseason. But you should be really afraid of them!
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:44 PM 09-24-2021
Would they have continued their March with Mahomes throwing? Probably. If there was no fumble and we won absolutely no one would be complaining.

I was pissed when it happened but I’m a fan and in the heat of the moment we all want to figure out the path that will never be that kept us from winning. But it was not a bad call in that situation.

We have to hope that, like the Titans loss in our Super Bowl run that resulted in us getting Suggs and the Titans getting into the playoffs and knocking off the one seed Ravens there is some good that’s going to manifest out of this. Hate to lose but if we’re hoisting the Lombardi trophy come February not a single f*** will be given about this loss which showed even with the worst defensive performance we still should have won.

Let’s turn the page and kick the Chargers’ ass on Sunday.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:04 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Would they have continued their March with Mahomes throwing? Probably. If there was no fumble and we won absolutely no one would be complaining.

I was pissed when it happened but I’m a fan and in the heat of the moment we all want to figure out the path that will never be that kept us from winning. But it was not a bad call in that situation.

We have to hope that, like the Titans loss in our Super Bowl run that resulted in us getting Suggs and the Titans getting into the playoffs and knocking off the one seed Ravens there is some good that’s going to manifest out of this. Hate to lose but if we’re hoisting the Lombardi trophy come February not a single f*** will be given about this loss which showed even with the worst defensive performance we still should have won.

Let’s turn the page and kick the Chargers’ ass on Sunday.

It's like people have forgotten that Mahomes was injured the season we won it all.

For all intents and purposes, we put ourselves in position to win that game. We were in Buttkicker's range.

I'm guessing securing the ball was beat into the ground this week.
[Reply]
Flying High D 02:38 AM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

On the flip-side of that, Thuney does appear to have gacked his block. And it does appear that if Thuney doesn't, the hole is wide open for an easy 1st down and the march continues.

Dammit Clyde - why you gotta fumble that ball away?
A secret agent from NE pissing on our quest for SB. Belicheater and Handy Crafty have no shame. Bass turds
[Reply]
Flying High D 02:48 AM 09-25-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Imagine being this much of a beta bitch.

If Alex Smith is your QB with Junior Hemingway and Anthony Fasano, I could understand this attitude after that performance. But with Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce?

You don’t deserve this team.

And I’ve got good news for you - I guarantee we don’t lose to the Cardinals or the 49ers this year. Because we already beat them. In the preseason. But you should be really afraid of them!
If a team beats a team in the regular season does that mean they will beat them in the SB? Or is it only a preseason regular season thing?
[Reply]
Bump 08:12 PM 10-03-2021
Well Andy Reid became the first coach ever to win 100 games with 2 different teams. Congrats to Andy and I love that he is our coach!
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:22 PM 10-03-2021
Imagine being the OP of this thread lol
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:31 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Imagine being the OP of this thread lol
I live a fairly awesome life.

I'm sure a few people on here would trade places.
[Reply]
Page 235 of 240
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239 > Last »
Up