ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 232 of 240
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:08 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by NEOM:
Reid isnt a bad coach, but I think that sometimes he just wants to prove that there are also other ways to win football games, not just the Mahomes way.

It reminds me of the Pep Guardiola and Linonel Messi relationship. Almost everything was attributed to Messi, every win and title. Despite Guardiola playing a huge part.

Same thing I see here with Reid and Mahomes.
I am very confident in saying that Reid doesn't win a championship without Mahomes. Just look at how we actually won not just the SB but literally every game in the playoffs that year and compare it to how long Reid has been in the game.
[Reply]
wazu 11:08 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Unless there are two incomplete throws, stopping the clock and leaving the Ravens enough time to gouge our defense going the other way. Then ya'll would be bitching to high heaven about Reid and his "clock management!!!!!11111".

No matter what Andy Reid chose to do, if the end result was us losing the game, you'd be blaming him.
Calling a running play was a perfectly fine call. I would prefer a pass because I trust Mahomes so much, but we should be able to run the ball for a positive play, and bleed some clock in that situation. But the guys have to execute.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:11 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Calling a running play was a perfectly fine call. I would prefer a pass because I trust Mahomes so much, but we should be able to hold onto the damn fucking ball on a goddamn motherfucking handoff.
FYP
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:15 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
His coaching decisions were fine you all would be bitching that we didnt run the ball if Patrick throws a pick on that final drive. Scored 35 on the road should win that game.
Not me. Any time you have the ball in Mahomes hands to win the game is the right decision. Even if he throws a pick.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:25 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Not me. Any time you have the ball in Mahomes hands to win the game is the right decision. Even if he throws a pick.
It's not just about you, though. There are too many dumb ass fans who built up this CLOCK MANAGEMENT bullshit narrative that they stole from the Eagles. Wallcrawler and others like him loved this because they could make bold statements like, "I may not know as much about football, but at least I know how to manage a clock!" as if they would never look like a fool EVER if an NFL team ever made them their sideline clock guru.

Now they can go to the other narrative, which is that Reid has some kind of soft spot and doesn't like to run up the score on other teams, so he keeps the game close on purpose or some shit. I don't even know what the hell Wallcrawler is talking about in that other thread, but anyway... yeah. It's the opposite of the clock management thing, because one of them involves Reid calling pass when he should have called run, and the other involves calling run when he should have called pass.

It's a bulletproof guaranteed way to heap most of the blame onto Andy Reid for any given Chiefs loss from now until he no longer coaches the team. And it's just fucking stupid, in my opinion. Apparently winning a Super Bowl in the last two years actually hasn't changed Chiefs fans at all.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:29 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Unless there are two incomplete throws, stopping the clock and leaving the Ravens enough time to gouge our defense going the other way. Then ya'll would be bitching to high heaven about Reid and his "clock management!!!!!11111".

No matter what Andy Reid chose to do, if the end result was us losing the game, you'd be blaming him.
Since the 2019 playoffs, I’ve consistently applauded Andy for being aggressive with Patrick. That includes going for it on 4th down, calling downfield pass plays late in the 4th quarter to seal games (last year’s Bucs win and several others come to mind) and also never care if being aggressive doesn’t work out, with Patrick, I think it’s the right move.
[Reply]
NEOM 11:30 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I am very confident in saying that Reid doesn't win a championship without Mahomes. Just look at how we actually won not just the SB but literally every game in the playoffs that year and compare it to how long Reid has been in the game.
That might be true, but you could say that almost to every coach in the NFL. D you think BB would have won without Brady?
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:48 PM 09-19-2021
I yelled and asked aloud why would you run there. It is a perfectly fine call though I will say the CEH wasn’t having much luck running it up the gut and before the play they have 9 guys at the LOS. I get the sense that Andy called a run no matter what there but who knows?

Anyway, maybe we needed to lose like that to fix issues that would keep us from getting to the ultimate game later. Would have preferred to win because the victory was there for the taking, but let’s hope they learn from this.
[Reply]
dls6501 11:51 PM 09-19-2021
Too many people blaming Reid tonight. At some point, your players need to make plays.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:54 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by NEOM:
That might be true, but you could say that almost to every coach in the NFL. D you think BB would have won without Brady?
Bro... Andy Reid scripts the first handful of drives in a game and EVERY SINGLE GAME in the playoffs the Chiefs were climbing out of a hole. They won the SB purely on the back of Mahomes. Who the fuck called the play in the SB that started the comeback when they couldn't get anything rolling on offense? Ya... Mahomes.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:37 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
The tell was Clete taking off the 2 pt conversion for the Ravens...illegal man down field on a two yard play? I've never seen that on a goaline play...and probably never will again.

See, this would have put the spread in jeopardy as KC would have likely been trying to win at the end with a TD....thus 4 point margin.

He needed to shave the score down to cover...
I rarely see such horse shit illegal contact flags as BOTH of the ones they threw on Mathieu tonight.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:41 AM 09-20-2021
You have a first round RB. You use them to move the ball & run the clock out.

CEH failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bump 12:41 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I rarely see such horse shit illegal contact flags as BOTH of the ones they threw on Mathieu tonight.
both of them were complete bullshit, the one where they had a sack towards the end was just blatantly bad and obvious the refs wanted to help the Ravens.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:51 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
KC was up 5 on the second one...and Lamar had just been sacked.

If they didn't call that, then and there....the odds of a conversion were pretty slim.

I watched the entire 4th quarter from the angle of "how will they would cover the spread"...there was probably 100 million dollars of easy money riding on it.

How many people took the Ravens and 3.5 points? Nobody...their roster was a MASH unit going against Mahomes. David vs. Goliath narrative...nobody on the Ravens forums thought they has a chance either.

Vegas absolutely killed it tonight...I bet it was their single biggest money maker game of the entire year.

The positive is Reid is in their good graces now....I said after the Chargers (home opener in their new stadium) and the crazy amount of late game flags on KC...that the Chiefs were supposed to lose that one. They had to rekick how many FGs that game? Cheffers was hung out to dry....you know who was the official in the SB...Cheffers. ..and his record setting amount of 1st half flags.

You play ball or they make you pay...Mahomes is just too big of draw to completely ostracize him.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:10 AM 09-20-2021
I just can't get over he fumbled in that moment. The one thing you could not do in that moment. Not to mention that was Clyde's first fumble. That's what it takes to beat KC.
[Reply]
Page 232 of 240
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236 > Last »
Up