ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 231 of 240
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:25 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
You do not take the ball out of our half billion dollar QB's hands on a final drive. There was not a single reason to do that on the 32 yard line in that situation.

And no, if Patrick threw a pick, I absolutely would not have blamed Andy.
You do if you know a TD takes your team out of the -3.5 cover...and that would really piss off the people you dont want to piss off.

Running Clyde, playing for the FG was the play...you still win the game and Vegas makes a lot of money. Everybody took KC with a banged up Ravens roster...it looked like a sure bet.

CEH just happened to fumble...Vegas still won...so Reid did them a solid. This will bode well later in the year/post-season.

This is the game they have to play nowadays...just too much money involved.
[Reply]
notorious 10:25 PM 09-19-2021
CEH fucked up his job.

There wasn't anything wrong with the call.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:26 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Mahomes only threw the ball 31 times tonight (nearly identical to Lamar Jackson which is hilarious). It was most certainly not the only time they took the ball out of his hands to gain a couple of yards on a run.
Only 31 times :-) you do realize Baltimore held the ball for 36 minutes of the game. Jesus christ stick to your hilariously bad NBA takes you canadian faggot
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:27 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It was 1 play that's not taking the game out of Mahomes hands. You do realize we were in field goal range right? You do realize Baltimore had no times outside left right? You do realize running out the clock and getting a score would allow Baltimore not to see the all right?

Jesus christ using your logic we should never run the ball.
And using your logic, the 1998 Bulls would have been safer by trusting Joe Kleine to make a shot at the rim than trusting Michael ****ing Jordan to make a mid-range bucket.

It's baffling you're arguing that keeping the ball out of Pat's hands while losing is ever the correct move in that situation.

Anyway, I'm peacing out from the thread and moving to the other Andy thread. You were right to razz me for bumping this and was hoping to have the discussion that is happening in two other threads tonight (the meltdown thread and the When Will Andy Learn? thread). I sort of saw this thread as a way to critically look at Andy's coaching decisions during the season, I was wrong. My bad.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:28 PM 09-19-2021
To play devil's advocate, it's true we could have passed and fumbled after the reception. We've seen Hardman and Robinson fumble before. So the ball is never completely in Mahomes' hands. Even when you pass. When you're already in FG range, the top priority should be hanging onto the ball. Especially if you're a RB. Helaire didn't do that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:29 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Only 31 times :-) you do realize Baltimore held the ball for 36 minutes of the game. Jesus christ stick to your hilariously bad NBA takes you canadian bundle of sticks
Trusting CEH there over Mahomes is like trusting JR Smith to close a game over LeBron James. How is that for a NBA take?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:31 PM 09-19-2021
Guys quit with your shitty NBA comparisons your basing your whole argument off a fallacy
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:31 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Trusting CEH there over Mahomes is like trusting JR Smith to close a game over LeBron James. How is that for a NBA take?
You really should use Jordan, Bird, or Kobe in those examples. Not Lebron.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:33 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
I’d have to ignore the fact that LeBron has better stats than all of those guys to do that, though.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:33 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
You guys act like it's insane to run the ball in that situation. When your intent is to run the clock and not score too fast. When absolutely every coach in the league is going to run the ball on that series.
The goal was or should be a chip shot and they stopped to set up a near 50 yarder even without the fumble our win probability plummets. If you are the opposing team you want a handoff or Mahomes disecting you out of 5 wide?Easy answer.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:40 PM 09-19-2021
The tell was Clete taking off the 2 pt conversion for the Ravens...illegal man down field on a two yard play? I've never seen that on a goaline play...and probably never will again.

See, this would have put the spread in jeopardy as KC would have likely been trying to win at the end with a TD....thus 4 point margin.

He needed to shave the score down to cover...
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:00 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
I suppose Kobe could work. Clyde's performance very much resembles getting killed in a helicopter crash
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:03 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
You do not take the ball out of our half billion dollar QB's hands on a final drive. There was not a single reason to do that on the 32 yard line in that situation.

And no, if Patrick threw a pick, I absolutely would not have blamed Andy.

Be mad if you want, but Andy made a terrible decision by not trusting the greatest NFL athlete in our generation to do what he does best.
Unless there are two incomplete throws, stopping the clock and leaving the Ravens enough time to gouge our defense going the other way. Then ya'll would be bitching to high heaven about Reid and his "clock management!!!!!11111".

No matter what Andy Reid chose to do, if the end result was us losing the game, you'd be blaming him.
[Reply]
NEOM 11:03 PM 09-19-2021
Reid isnt a bad coach, but I think that sometimes he just wants to prove that there are also other ways to win football games, not just the Mahomes way.

It reminds me of the Pep Guardiola and Linonel Messi relationship. Almost everything was attributed to Messi, every win and title. Despite Guardiola playing a huge part.

Same thing I see here with Reid and Mahomes.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:05 PM 09-19-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I suppose Kobe could work. Clyde's performance very much resembles getting killed in a helicopter crash

[Reply]
Page 231 of 240
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235 > Last »
Up