« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:01 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Look at all of the WR’s drafted. Most of them went to teams with shit QB’s.

Could totally see Watson or Moore as the best producing rookies
Did I read that Watson had major issues with drops? Or am I imagining that?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:10 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I think Skyy can play X reciever, but not full time. He ran a stop and go on a guy one game from the X and had about two or three steps on the guy after he did it. I don't think there is a spot he can't play. Simply put, his game may best suited on the inside. Though he played a ton on the outside in college. When he's in space you're in trouble.

The only thing about his game I had a problem with is his top gear isn't next level. He is fast but he doesn't just pull away from guys. But if he was faster he had went off the board before pick 20 like several others did.
I doubt he'd do his best work in the 'X' spot, which, as you know, is the LOS spot. At his size, slot or 'Z' would make more sense.

He is very strong for his size, so the possibility that he could fight through tight press man coverage is there, I'd still probably prefer he got the free release.
[Reply]
Warrick 09:36 AM 05-01-2022
What's with all these 4.41 40 times... I seen him run a 4.39! Probably will be even faster after camp :-).

https://www.giants.com/video/western...ine-highlights
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:55 AM 05-01-2022
The more I read on Pickens the more I think he'll end up like the rest of Tomlin's trash characters. Dude is immature as hell and hot headed. I don't buy the bullshit that he's matured. Some of his antics are too childish to make the excuse he was too young to know better. Was apparently a lousy interview which doesn't surprise me for a second. I'd bet he had a chance to walk back his behaviors and flat out didn't.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:03 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The more I read on Pickens the more I think he'll end up like the rest of Tomlin's trash characters. Dude is immature as hell and hot headed. I don't buy the bullshit that he's matured. Some of his antics are too childish to make the excuse he was too young to know better. Was apparently a lousy interview which doesn't surprise me for a second. I'd bet he had a chance to walk back his behaviors and flat out didn't.
I'm more worried about injuries with Pickens. I think that's why he fell into the 2nd.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:02 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Warrick:
What's with all these 4.41 40 times... I seen him run a 4.39! Probably will be even faster after camp :-).

https://www.giants.com/video/western...ine-highlights
I think that was his unofficial time at the combine. His official time was 4.41.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:07 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I doubt he'd do his best work in the 'X' spot, which, as you know, is the LOS spot. At his size, slot or 'Z' would make more sense.

He is very strong for his size, so the possibility that he could fight through tight press man coverage is there, I'd still probably prefer he got the free release.
I'd like to see it. If he gives a wiggle at the LOS and the CB whiffs on that jam it may be off to the races. Press coverage is kind like blitzing. If you don't hit home then you may get torched. Not to mention Skyy has some legit contact balance, unlike our good friend Mecole Hardman who is just a fast guy.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:08 PM 05-01-2022
Mahomes passing TD's record next season is going to be Moore than Skyy high
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:15 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Did I read that Watson had major issues with drops? Or am I imagining that?
horrible horrible.

Like, George Pickens had a drop rate of a little over 2%. Best in the nation. Skyy was second best with 3%.

Watson was like 17%
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:29 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
First of all-just stop with the OBJ stuff. We already have a mercenary rental WR here for 2022. We also aren't going to pay a premium, which OBJ would want. ALSO, dude is hurt...like...AGAIN. If you've been paying attention,, this is his story for like the last several years. Pass. No way.

Second-how does Moore translate from a MAC school? Look at the 10 yard split. It's ELITE. He goes from standing still to flying in a hurry. Don't look at the 40 time (which is still fast, just not Tyreek fast) look at the splits. It's his acceleration.

Now, go look at some video on the kid. Watch his routes. Look how he sinks his hips, look how smoothly he cuts, changes direction, and then accelerates. Watch him sell one route and then break the other way. Nice. And then watch how he catches everyfuckingthing. Also nice.

And finally, look what he does with the ball in his hands. He's so quick, he's hard for the defenders to get their mitts on him. Look at those broken tackles!

This kid isn't just a slot receiver.

I too didn't get the Skyy Moore hype until I watched him. The obvious measurables in size and 40 time didn't wow. But look at the splits and a different pictures emerges of the athlete. And then you can see that the video will absolutely translate.
The day he was drafted I hated this pick. I very much wanted Christian Watson at 30. Watson has had drop issues, but that can be coached up. His combination of size and speed cannot be coached up.

But, I have come around to at least appreciating how he fits in the offense.

But, after watching lots of video on him, the one thing that stands out is his lack of competition. He has not played against NFL caliber corners, with a couple of exceptions.

Yes, his split time and footwork will get him separation initially, but will he be able to maintain that on down field routes.

Will his size hinder him on 50/50 balls?

His huge hands should help, but he doesn't really have an explosive vertical.

I am just going to trust that Reid already has a plan on how to use him and I WILL ALWAYS trust that any WR with even a little talent will be maximized by Mahomes.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
lewdog 12:39 PM 05-01-2022
Ordered my Moore jersey.

All you doubters are going to get tired of looking at the name on the back of his jersey as he runs in for Chiefs touchdowns.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:43 PM 05-01-2022
Used to hate the NFL's strict jersey numbering rules... but having a #24 be potentially a starting receiver is just weird.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:44 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Ordered my Moore jersey.

All you doubters are going to get tired of looking at the name on the back of his jersey as he runs in for Chiefs touchdowns.
I’m getting a Karlaftis, but it was close.

Skyy is going to be a damn star.

My only concern with him is the cost to extend his deal in 3-4 years.

He’s a really good WR in all facets

Gets off press
Elite acceleration
Elite hands
Elite quickness snd route precision

Then, once he has the ball, he’s a running back. Breaks tons of tackles, great vision

Nose for the end zone and first down markers.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:45 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’m getting a Karlaftis, but it was close.

Skyy is going to be a damn star.

My only concern with him is the cost to extend his deal in 3-4 years.
Let's.

Win.

NOW!
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:55 PM 05-01-2022
Tough to judge accurately what Moore will become in the NFL due to the lack of competition he saw in college, but his measurables suggest he's Golden Tate. If he's close Veach did very well taking Skyy there. Should start by next season unless he came without a brain/work ethic.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 280
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up