ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 42 of 114
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:20 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
It's called capitalism... The poorest in America would be the richest in about 75% of the world...

But hey, be jealous of other success as you bitch about people that have created wealth for themselves while providing jobs, services and innovations to millions...

Created wealth for themselves, I'll stop you right there.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:21 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You’ve been a Chiefs fan for 5 years. How do you possibly claim to have such attachment to Arrowhead?

I keep seeing you post in different threads about things you’re utterly clueless about. Is there no end?
I've been a STH and a fan for a long long time, and I have the same sentiment.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:21 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
it's been a while since i've seen some good ol fashioned billionaire boot lickin lmao

He can tell us what they had for lunch his head is so far in that ass.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:22 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
:-)... The big bad billionaire is the reason for all things bad.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:23 PM 04-02-2024
There may be like one solitary altruistic self-made billionaire in the world

and she gets plowed on the reg by a Chiefs player.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:24 PM 04-02-2024
I've been a STH and a fan for a long long time, and I have the same sentiment.
Buddy, I’ve got no problem with your sentiment. I want Arrowhead to remain where it is and am on the same page.

But this guy purporting to be some voice of the people when I’m not sure he’s ever been to Arrowhead more than 3 times is ridiculous. Let the adults like you talk here with authority rather than the guy who stumbled into being a Chiefs fan and has miserable takes 50% of the time. His proselytizing about this and that is absurd.
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:25 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Wait...how did David Glass make his fortune?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:26 PM 04-02-2024
It's called capitalism... The poorest in America would be the richest in about 75% of the world...

But hey, be jealous of other success as you bitch about people that have created wealth for themselves while providing jobs, services and innovations to millions...
Not good optics when we're all going through inflation and people's property taxes went up in some cases 200%. My fucking rent went up $300 a month. They are going to ask for a billion dollars with a half baked plan that doesn't even explain who pays for the K to be torn down or the 5 acres in their rendering that weren't covered in this proposal.

Like I've said come back to the table agree to things before voters have already started voting and for the Chiefs FFS come up something better than some standing bar tables behind the end zone
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:28 PM 04-02-2024
Buddy, I’ve got no problem with your sentiment. I want Arrowhead to remain where it is and am on the same page.

But this guy purporting to be some voice of the people when I’m not sure he’s ever been to Arrowhead more than 3 times is ridiculous. Let the adults like you talk here with authority rather than the guy who stumbled into being a Chiefs fan and has miserable takes 50% of the time. His proselytizing about this and that is absurd.
Gotcha. I thought you were advocating for new. I love Arrowhead so much from going for the first time in the late 70's when we sucked through today. Lots of great memories. Would love to see it improved with some possible roof options, temporary or perm. If the Royals leave, this may be the plan?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:28 PM 04-02-2024
As has been shared, the Chiefs wanted this to fail. This would force the Royals to leave and the Chiefs would then pass the tax and receive all the $, or it would pass in Kansas and receive all the money. That's why their effort was hollow from the beginning. I didn't want to believe they would walk from Arrowhead, but that is definitely one of the options they preferred over this being a yes vote. The sandbagged it and anyone not believing that still believes Rashee Rice wasn't driving the Lambo...(although he will be good to go)
Why would they waste Andy Reid, Kelce and Mahomes time to shill for it if they wanted it to fail? They of course wanted it to pass. They were less motivated than the Royals but they absolutely wanted it to pass.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 09:31 PM 04-02-2024
Does anyone even give a shit about the royals anymore anyway? I can't remember the last time I saw a game on TV or even saw a listing for a game on TV
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:32 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Not good optics when we're all going through inflation and people's property taxes went up in some cases 200%. My ****ing rent went up $300 a month. They are going to ask for a billion dollars with a half baked plan that doesn't even explain who pays for the K to be torn down or the 5 acres in their rendering that weren't covered in this proposal.

Like I've said come back to the table agree to things before voters have already started voting and for the Chiefs FFS come up something better than some standing bar tables behind the end zone

3/8 of cents sales tax could be used on stadiums and locking these teams in for another 40 years, instead if these teams leave your local politicians will encourage the tax to continue and try to pass it for some other project that won't bring in shit for revenue, but will be a feel good money pit.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04-02-2024, 09:32 PM
This message has been deleted by TwistedChief.
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:35 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why would they waste Andy Reid, Kelce and Mahomes time to shill for it if they wanted it to fail? They of course wanted it to pass. They were less motivated than the Royals but they absolutely wanted it to pass.
Appearances... The plan was shit and now they have the PR clout to look at Kansas and create more leverage if they want to continue with the county without the Royals if they move.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:35 PM 04-02-2024
Gotcha. I thought you were advocating for new. I love Arrowhead so much from going for the first time in the late 70's when we sucked through today. Lots of great memories. Would love to see it improved with some possible roof options, temporary or perm. If the Royals leave, this may be the plan?
Whatever replaces Arrowhead will be sterile, small and full of luxury boxes.

I'm fortunate enough to have watched games in the pre-Herm Edwards Arrowhead and got to witness the 2019 postseason run in person. The latter type of atmosphere isn't ever coming back, and Mahomes will eventually depart and the franchise will probably be back to a level of irrelevance.

Someone will benefit from a franchise being hosted in a postmodern art-inspired domed stadium somewhere in the Kansas City metro but it won't be me, so it's a lot healthier just to accept fate and move on.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:36 PM 04-02-2024
I had dinner recently with a player on the Chiefs. We talked about Arrowhead. He was so desperate to keep it as is and absolutely hated the thought of moving elsewhere or changing anything. Loved the atmosphere, loved the elements.

That was always the way I leaned but his response entirely clinched it for me. And I’m pretty sure his ethos is emblematic of the rest of the team.
I would love to see the Royals get a deal in another county in KC and the Chiefs get the entire 3/8 from the county and stay at Arrowhead. Will be interesting to see how it progresses.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 114
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Up