ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 57
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
BWillie 08:11 PM 04-05-2024
.500 beisbol !!

Do we have the best starting pitching in the league or what?
[Reply]
Nightfyre 08:16 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
.500 beisbol !!

Do we have the best starting pitching in the league or what?
Based on the graphic I saw in-game, it seems pretty inarguable to this point in the season.
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:39 PM 04-05-2024
What we'd give for a Dayton Moore bullpen about now...

jk
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:00 PM 04-05-2024
Will Klein is a name to watch in Omaha for potential bullpen reinforcement. Throws hard, nasty slider.
[Reply]
RockChalk 06:25 AM 04-06-2024
This team just making it out of April with a record somewhere around .500 (or better) will go a long ways. Nice to see the boys not get off to such a shit start that it feels like a mountain to climb the rest of the way.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 09:29 AM 04-06-2024
Not Royals related, but just read Shane Bieber is done for the year. UCL reconstruction again for the guy. Was off to an amazing start too.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:44 AM 04-06-2024
It would appear the White Sox are just what the Royals needed, what with their total wins at 1, the only teams worse so far are the A's and the Marlins. When do we play them? :-)

Edit: I see the Tigers get to play the A's today, so it works both ways I guess.
[Reply]
Wallymo 10:05 AM 04-06-2024
I started watching the Royals in 1981, when I was ten years old. Though I was too young to appreciate it, those were the golden years when our team wasn't vastly outspent by the bigger markets.

2014 and 2015 were nothing short of a miracle. Outside of the HDH bullpen and Cain in center field, those were not dominant teams with elite players. But they played team-oriented Royals-style baseball and broke through. Glorious.

It seems every other year of my fandom the season is over by June 1. I'm not a stats guy, but I'd have a hard time believing there is any other team in baseball that has had such horrific starts every year. Then the out-of-contention-by-June team seems to always inject hope by finishing strong every September. It's a depressing cycle we've seen over and over.

The 1-6 White Sox record is what I've come to expect from the Royals every sesaon. So I very much appreciate the .500 record -- even in early April. And I fervently hope it lasts at least until summer comes. And, who knows, if the team can stay around .500 all season it might help change what is currently a terrible public perception of the club.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:14 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
I started watching the Royals in 1981, when I was ten years old. Though I was too young to appreciate it, those were the golden years when our team wasn't vastly outspent by the bigger markets.

2014 and 2015 were nothing short of a miracle. Outside of the HDH bullpen and Cain in center field, those were not dominant teams with elite players. But they played team-oriented Royals-style baseball and broke through. Glorious.

It seems every other year of my fandom the season is over by June 1. I'm not a stats guy, but I'd have a hard time believing there is any other team in baseball that has had such horrific starts every year. Then the out-of-contention-by-June team seems to always inject hope by finishing strong every September. It's a depressing cycle we've seen over and over.

The 1-6 White Sox record is what I've come to expect from the Royals every sesaon. So I very much appreciate the .500 record -- even in early April. And I fervently hope it lasts at least until summer comes. And, who knows, if the team can stay around .500 all season it might help change what is currently a terrible public perception of the club.

The 2014 rotation was really good. Shields was good, Duffy had a great year, and Ventura was outstanding. Guthrie and Vargas were really effective.

The lineup had holes, but the pitching and defense were just so excellent.

The 2015 squad was pretty balanced and effective offensively. Lots of hard contact, low Ks, no glaring black holes in the lineup once they added Zobrist.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:19 AM 04-06-2024
I honestly can't get behind the team as much because I think there is a reasonable chance they move to Nashville. I hope we get some certainty soon
[Reply]
Pablo 05:20 PM 04-06-2024
I honestly can't get behind the team as much because I think there is a reasonable chance they move to Nashville. I hope we get some certainty soon
:-)

Well the 2024 Royals are gonna play in KC so I think you're best off just viewing it thru that lens

And that certainty thing, well good luck waiting on that
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:55 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Calling my shot. This team will be above .500.
Nailed it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:31 PM 04-06-2024
God I hate you so much lol. Sherman is a fucking Kansas City guy. All the other owners are KC people. There is no way this team moves out of the metro area.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:40 PM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
God I hate you so much lol. Sherman is a fucking Kansas City guy. All the other owners are KC people. There is no way this team moves out of the metro area.
You think their only motivation was intrinsic value for KC? The group of people who now own the Royals are simply trying to increase the value of the team to flip it for a profit. Sherman is the figurehead.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:46 AM 04-07-2024
Nashville is looking like a real possibility
[Reply]
Page 35 of 57
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up