ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 306 of 3903
« First < 206256296302303304305306 3073083093103163564068061306 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bwana 09:20 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Well...thanks to the virus panic mongers, my business will be shut down until March 31st. No income and can't even take a vacation because we might get stuck somewhere during this lunacy.

This is not even about the virus any longer- it is about taking over this country.

Zero cases in the entire county- yet the city is going on full lockdown. You can't even go to a nature park now- ridiculous. Store shelves are empty and small businesses will be hurting including my own.
Yeah things are spiraling out of control quickly. I wonder how many people are going to lose their jobs over this? I got a call this morning and was told that my job had been eliminated due to their perceived notion that there would be lack of business, due to the Corona scare. They basically cut me loose and my entire sales team. At least I have a cash reserve to hold me over, but a lot of my sales team doesn't.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:22 AM 03-16-2020
Yeah things are spiraling out of control quickly. I wonder how many people are going to lose their jobs over this? I got a call this morning and was told that my job had been eliminated due to their perceived notion that there would be lack of business, due to the Corona scare. They basically cut me loose and my entire sales team. At least I have a cash reserve to hold me over, but a lot of my sales team doesn't.
God dammit
[Reply]
Donger 09:23 AM 03-16-2020
Fuck. Sorry brother.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:25 AM 03-16-2020
Fuck man....sorry to hear that.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:28 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Why do you think it’s ridiculous?
Closing down nature parks is ridiculous. We can't even get outside and walk trails now without dying? :-)

Common sense has disappeared.
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:28 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Without sports, we need some sort of competition. Are we going to let Japan and South Korea beat us? Socially isolate, people, and let's win this freaking thing!

there is some fierce action.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:29 AM 03-16-2020
:-) HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY EVE EVERYONE! ERIN GO BRAGH! :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 09:29 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Closing down nature parks is ridiculous. We can't even get outside and walk trails now without dying? :-)

Common sense has disappeared.
When we see thousands of people gathering at Disney, bars, etc. sometimes the decision has to be made for these idiots....sucks but the way it is.
[Reply]
wazu 09:29 AM 03-16-2020
Ugh, sorry man. Hate reading this.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:31 AM 03-16-2020
Sorry to hear this. Yep, on Friday, my business was slashed 40% due to the cancelation of all programs and events- then today down to 0. We have until noon to get what we want before everything is locked down for the month.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:31 AM 03-16-2020
Sorry to hear, bwana and halfcan. Hopefully this thing lasts a month or so and then we can all get back to normal.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:31 AM 03-16-2020
Sorry to hear that man.

I'm sure it is happening to a lot of people. I know my one friend lost his job.
[Reply]
Donger 09:32 AM 03-16-2020
Does anyone here know anything or preferably work in the retail supply chain, specifically grocery stores?
[Reply]
Rausch 09:34 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:

It's coming, just a matter of when....
Yup.

For the record I agree it needs to. We either stop the spread or people will lose more than businesses and bank accounts.

If people panic, riot, or loot you lose those things and more.

I live in a dogshit neighborhood that averaged a fatal shooting a month for the last two years. Last may the tornado hit and around 60-70% of the houses where I live were ruined. The people left were not great people.

I was worried the worst was inevitable. The next day we couldn't leave and the streets were blocked off. People walked around, shook hands, and I met neighbors that lived 5 houses down I hadn't met in 7 years. People shared water, smokes, snacks.

These weren't good people. Drug addicts, drunks, lifetime welfare parents that screamed at and then violently beat their kids. Life was forced to slow down though and given the option to hard reset I was shocked how everyone did. When given a chance to un-fuck themselves they did and were human again. People were polite and charitable. I was amazed and I'll never forget it.

Now, a serious virus is much different than a tornado but we are all capable of being much more than we are right now. Everyone is worried but these types of events can also bring out the best in people...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:34 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Does anyone here know anything or preferably work in the retail supply chain, specifically grocery stores?
If you're wondering if food is going to run out, not even close to that time. The warehouses are stocked for months, it's just a matter of trucks getting to the stores to replenish all the panic buying. I read an article about it last night.
[Reply]
Page 306 of 3903
« First < 206256296302303304305306 3073083093103163564068061306 > Last »
Up