ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2333 of 2693
« First < 1333183322332283232323292330233123322333 2334233523362337234323832433 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
tredadda 11:13 AM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
It’s also their best 73 game vs Mahomes first 73 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good catch. Not sure how I missed that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:16 AM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Interesting chart. I am actually a little surprised as I thought Mahomes would lead in more categories. Also thought the categories where he is #1 he would have a larger gap over #2 than he actually does.
The key here is this is the all elite all time guys BEST 73 games. The best football that's been played in modern NFL, versus Mahomes FIRST 73 games. Provided he hits a "prime" like the other guys did (like this year), there is a real argument that he WILL surpass all these guys.

There is certainly an argument against given our talent level on his rookie contract and our shit defense which required him to use his God tier talent to win games and with a better defense (hopefully) and fewer elite weapons, any gains from him getting acclimated to the league won't be as pronounced as the other guys.

But fuck it. I don't need graphics like this to tell me Mahomes is the best to ever play.

And besides, some of those are certainly explainable by things BESIDES the QB being good. Like total wins, he's behind Manning and Brady who got 6 easy wins a year by playing the DOG FUCK AFCS and AFCE. (Which is looking like the AFCW is headed this way, if cheap ass Spanos would trade Herbert, we might be there...)

And I care less about the INT numbers because Brees who won that category didn't push the ball much, EVER in his career. And if you're going to give me Mahomes with his picks or Brees without. I'm taking Mahomes. The big key is though that Rodgers "won" the comparison here, which I was always a Rodgers homer, but if you take the bad looks from Rodgers and the bad looks from Mahomes, I'm taking Mahomes every day of the fucking week. Sure, he put up big numbers beating on the bears and shit, but I'm rolling with my guy. So As always, I try to look at the aggregate story, not just some cherry picked stats.

Also, HOW THE HELL does Montana of all swinging dicks on this list lead in Rush TDs? Were there that many first and goal from the 1 plays?
[Reply]
tredadda 11:32 AM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The key here is this is the all elite all time guys BEST 73 games. The best football that's been played in modern NFL, versus Mahomes FIRST 73 games. Provided he hits a "prime" like the other guys did (like this year), there is a real argument that he WILL surpass all these guys.

There is certainly an argument against given our talent level on his rookie contract and our shit defense which required him to use his God tier talent to win games and with a better defense (hopefully) and fewer elite weapons, any gains from him getting acclimated to the league won't be as pronounced as the other guys.

But fuck it. I don't need graphics like this to tell me Mahomes is the best to ever play.

And besides, some of those are certainly explainable by things BESIDES the QB being good. Like total wins, he's behind Manning and Brady who got 6 easy wins a year by playing the DOG FUCK AFCS and AFCE. (Which is looking like the AFCW is headed this way, if cheap ass Spanos would trade Herbert, we might be there...)

And I care less about the INT numbers because Brees who won that category didn't push the ball much, EVER in his career. And if you're going to give me Mahomes with his picks or Brees without. I'm taking Mahomes. The big key is though that Rodgers "won" the comparison here, which I was always a Rodgers homer, but if you take the bad looks from Rodgers and the bad looks from Mahomes, I'm taking Mahomes every day of the fucking week. Sure, he put up big numbers beating on the bears and shit, but I'm rolling with my guy. So As always, I try to look at the aggregate story, not just some cherry picked stats.

Also, HOW THE HELL does Montana of all swinging dicks on this list lead in Rush TDs? Were there that many first and goal from the 1 plays?
You are correct with that chart. I misread it. For me when it comes down to it, not only does Mahomes put up amazing stats, but he is also must watch TV. I can’t think of any other player on that list being that. While all were great QBs, Mahomes is a human highlight reel and he does things no one on that list did or could have done. That’s what is so exciting about him.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:45 AM 11-25-2022

Rodgers has always been proud of his TD to INT ratio, maybe a little too proud of it. He throws the ball away more than any QB, which means he is also killing the chance of a good play at the same time he’s killing the chance of a bad play.
[Reply]
digger 03:10 PM 11-26-2022

[Reply]
Best22 03:14 PM 11-26-2022

But **** it. I don't need graphics like this to tell me Mahomes is the best to ever play.

And besides, some of those are certainly explainable by things BESIDES the QB being good. Like total wins, he's behind Manning and Brady who got 6 easy wins a year by playing the DOG **** AFCS and AFCE. (Which is looking like the AFCW is headed this way, if cheap ass Spanos would trade Herbert, we might be there...)

And I care less about the INT numbers because Brees who won that category didn't push the ball much, EVER in his career. And if you're going to give me Mahomes with his picks or Brees without. I'm taking Mahomes. The big key is though that Rodgers "won" the comparison here, which I was always a Rodgers homer, but if you take the bad looks from Rodgers and the bad looks from Mahomes, I'm taking Mahomes every day of the ****ing week. Sure, he put up big numbers beating on the bears and shit, but I'm rolling with my guy. So As always, I try to look at the aggregate story, not just some cherry picked stats.

I think Montana once held the record for QB rushing yards in a Super Bowl from SB XIX
[Reply]
BWillie 03:15 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Exhibit 23,993 as to why we should never run on 1st and 10.
[Reply]
rydogg58 03:54 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
It is a statistical quirk that a regular season MVP hasn't won the SB in a long time. Patrick Mahomes, Matt Ryan and Manning all came close to pulling it off once and Brady almost pulled it off twice -- once only missing it because of deflategate suspension. And I could be forgetting some other QBs.
Nah. A statistical quirk would be if you made a post on here that didn't mention Brady by name. Try it sometime. We all know you can't do it because patriot trash gonna be patriot trash, always.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:58 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Exhibit 23,993 as to why we should never run on 1st and 10.
you hear that meck?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:02 PM 11-26-2022
1. You have to think the Super Bowl champ is coming from the AFC. I mean just look at the top right of this graph.

2. If we can beat the Bengals, we play some shit offenses the rest of the way.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:11 PM 11-26-2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:13 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
yes, thank you for posting this again

this is bloody brilliant
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:54 PM 11-26-2022
while we're on the subject of joe campbell...words to live by

[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:18 PM 11-26-2022

Their “best 73 games” vs Mahomes “first 73 games”.

Remarkable

You can tell the era that Joe Montana played in & how good he was.

Great chart.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:19 PM 11-26-2022

[Reply]
Page 2333 of 2693
« First < 1333183322332283232323292330233123322333 2334233523362337234323832433 > Last »
Up