ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Best Chiefs roster in franchise history
smithandrew051 10:24 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Honestly I think they’d have to call both games at half. Chris Jones would literally kill multiple lineman from the 60’s/70’s.
Yeah, EJ Holub started at center and weighed 236 lbs.

We can love those old teams while still acknowledging that modern athletes would kill them.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:30 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Honestly I think they’d have to call both games at half. Chris Jones would literally kill multiple lineman from the 60’s/70’s.
Imagine allowing Chris Jones to "juice" and pitting him against 70's NFL players with their prehistoric levels of strength and conditioning. People literally would die. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:58 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Interesting thought experiment. Two game series. 1970 SB winning Chiefs (magically restored to youth, or resurrected if necessary) iv 2024 Chiefs squad.

Game one 1970 rules, uniforms and officials. No replay. Each member of 2023 squad must smoke two cigarettes during half time. Injured player can ‘juice up” as needed if injured.

Game two, 2023 rules , uniforms, officiating. No smoking in the locker rooms. No drugs.
Others already beat me to it, but 69 stands no chance given advances in modern training, juice, etc.

I just looked it up and Buck Buchanan was 6’7” 269. He was basically Kelce’s size playing DT lol

The 69 center was 236 and he was 6’4”. That dude was barely bigger than Kam Chancellor and he’d have to go up against Chris Jones for 60 minutes. That would be a legitimate rape.

Plus Lenny himself was only 6’ 190. Idk how tough the dude was but it’d be put to the test that day.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:59 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Hank Stram’s team was pretty loaded with Hall of Fame talent.
Correct. But Mahomes is so good I believe he covers any delta by himself. Meaning I think spots 1-8 on Chiefs all time rosters have to be whatever ranking of Mahomes 8 years (counting 2024). Plus the modern day Chiefs have arguably two GOATs playing. As good as those Stram teams were, I’m not sure if there is a legit GOAT candidate there.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:14 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Hank Stram’s team was pretty loaded with Hall of Fame talent.
No doubt, but 30 years from now, this team will be remembered as being loaded with HOF talent as well.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:19 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
This.

I don't figure in the rookies because we have no idea what they will really end up being.
It's easy to say this NOW after we've seen a couple of seasons of Skyy Moore, but Worthy is going to walk in here light years ahead of where Skyy was coming out of the MAC and into the NFL. It's different this time.

Originally Posted by O.city:
Nitpicking but it depends on fau

May need some more depth at de
I feel like we're all going to be pleasantly surprised with FAU this season. Just a hunch.
[Reply]
notorious 08:25 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It's easy to say this NOW after we've seen a couple of seasons of Skyy Moore, but Worthy is going to walk in here light years ahead of where Skyy was coming out of the MAC and into the NFL. It's different this time.

I feel like we're all going to be pleasantly surprised with FAU this season. Just a hunch.
Don't get me wrong, I see a lot of potential and am excited about the rooks. When I see it on and NFL field I will start to get real excitement.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:23 PM 04-27-2024
I hope we just kick every kickoff through the endzone so we don’t give up any trash td’s that give shit teams a chance.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:25 PM 04-27-2024
We've never really had that combo of Top Offense AND Top Defense, but 2019 was close enough. The #1 offense and a decent enough defense to get us through.

2020 gets forgotten to time because of COVID, but we were absolute world beaters that year. Same team as 2019 with CEH pre-injury, Sneed, and Gay as rookies. The only thing that stopped that team were injuries. I still contend that Britt Reid fucked us as well, but I'm not really bothered by it at this point.

2022 was the more balanced team, I just wish the defense didn't get slapped around in the Super Bowl, otherwise it would be remembered more fondly. And even so, I still believe the 2019/2020 teams were more dominant.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:29 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
2022 was the more balanced team, I just wish the defense didn't get slapped around in the Super Bowl, otherwise it would be remembered more fondly. And even so, I still believe the 2019/2020 teams were more dominant.
It's a real 87/88 49ers dynamic.

The 87 49ers were absolutely dominant. Everyone expected them to walk through the league into the third ring. Got upset in the divisional round.

88 team struggled but put it together at the end.

We're living that dynasty experience! :-)

One of these days we'll have another great season that goes awry and I'll be thinking about this video.

[Reply]
lcarus 10:14 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
2020 gets forgotten to time because of COVID, but we were absolute world beaters that year. Same team as 2019 with CEH pre-injury, Sneed, and Gay as rookies. The only thing that stopped that team were injuries.
Yeah that year we lost Schwartz, Duvernay-Tardif, Osemele, and then losing Fisher was the final nail in that coffin. Then playing a Bucs team with a really good front. They could drop 8 into coverage and still have Mahomes running for his life at the snap.

It also didnt help that nobody could catch a cold in that game and we got fisted by some calls.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:27 PM 04-27-2024
Bo Nix isn't worried.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:48 PM 04-27-2024
Sigh. I’m jacked up for this roster. I might put money down on an undefeated season, after seeing what we did and seeing what our rivals didn’t do.

What are the current Vegas odds?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:05 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Sigh. I’m jacked up for this roster. I might put money down on an undefeated season, after seeing what we did and seeing what our rivals didn’t do.

What are the current Vegas odds?
The surest bet: Mahomes winning MVP again.

Minimum, 5,000 yards and 45 TD.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't hit 50 TD.

If it happens, it's because the Chiefs are killing clock and grinding down defeated defenses.

He already did this in 2022, but even that season, it was HARD for him, every week.

If no one gets hurt, this is going to be easy. Laughably easy. Teams are going to be giving us yards every snap.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 07:15 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The surest bet: Mahomes winning MVP again.

Minimum, 5,000 yards and 45 TD.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't hit 50 TD.

If it happens, it's because the Chiefs are killing clock and grinding down defeated defenses.

He already did this in 2022, but even that season, it was HARD for him, every week.

If no one gets hurt, this is going to be easy. Laughably easy. Teams are going to be giving us yards every snap.
Yep this exactly right. I threw $1,000 on Mahomes to win MVP Friday after the Worthy pick. +600. Will go on a nice vacation next March when it hits : )

4.27 and 4.21 speed. I dont think people understand how much that is going to open up the offense.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up