ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 43
« First < 313738394041 4243 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:09 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
he played well except that one drop on 4th down
Kelce played well except that one drop.
[Reply]
Bump 01:44 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Kelce played well except that one drop.
Mahomes also played well except that one int
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:24 AM 10-03-2022
CEH success this game is more a product of run blocking. Once again, he is pretty much average at everything.

Good game for him though.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:57 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
CEH success this game is more a product of run blocking. Once again, he is pretty much average at everything.

You just might have cracked the code for how running the ball works. Sending 1 guy into 11 requires some things to be blocked. Who knew?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:00 AM 10-03-2022

I'm pretty sure we didn't watch the same game. I mean yea the OL blocked better but CEH found small seems and cutback lanes as well as broke tackles like he has rarely done in seasons past.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:10 AM 10-03-2022
CEH was pretty damn good last night.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:14 AM 10-03-2022
He still somehow scored a TD here, but if he didn't this should be magnified. I'm no CEH hater, but my god I wish he could learn to cutback.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:24 AM 10-03-2022

That’s how I see it too. he’s taking advantage of defenses not respecting the run and good run blocking. Which is way better than last year. the eyeball test shows that he’s getting some yards this year in spite of shaky vision and pretty average skills. I don’t think he’s average at everything though. He’s actually been exceptional icing games for us this year. I like that he doesn’t take a lot of losses which makes him decent for shorter yardage.

I think people take exception to saying average is bad. He’s plenty solid. I just don’t see him as RB1. Against the same defense Pacheco had just a few carries under 6 yards. And I dont think Pacheco is remotely close to having it figured out yet.. It’s just that defenses are daring us to run and finally our RBs are starting to take what they’re given. I love to see it but I don’t want to overplay what our hand is.
[Reply]
O.city 07:57 AM 10-03-2022
"RB1....WR1....."

Ok yeah, they probably aren't gonna be a top 5 RB or WR in the league. Who cares.

Good players are good players. He's fine. He's not great, but he's looking healthy and running well.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:05 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That’s how I see it too. he’s taking advantage of defenses not respecting the run and good run blocking. Which is way better than last year. the eyeball test shows that he’s getting some yards this year in spite of shaky vision and pretty average skills. I don’t think he’s average at everything though. He’s actually been exceptional icing games for us this year. I like that he doesn’t take a lot of losses which makes him decent for shorter yardage.

I think people take exception to saying average is bad. He’s plenty solid. I just don’t see him as RB1. Against the same defense Pacheco had just a few carries under 6 yards. And I dont think Pacheco is remotely close to having it figured out yet.. It’s just that defenses are daring us to run and finally our RBs are starting to take what they’re given. I love to see it but I don’t want to overplay what our hand is.
The thing I noticed is they lined up in the I formation, fullback and played power football more then any game this season. He looks good in the I formation and it helps his vision. The running the outside zone RPO's is where the offense has struggled. The line was firing out not having to worry about being too far down field in case of a pass.

This was not a easy team to run on and we really made it look pretty easy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:08 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I'm pretty sure we didn't watch the same game. I mean yea the OL blocked better but CEH found small seems and cutback lanes as well as broke tackles like he has rarely done in seasons past.
Yeah, he ran really hard. Even showed a little burst around the corner (though it took a Forston hold on that run on the last drive).

This was arguably his best game, especially considering the quality of competition. He wasn't going down on first contact, he was typically setting up his blocks and following them well. He was getting what was blocked and then powering the pile for a little more.

It was a positive development. I do think there's something to be said for Pacheco breathing down his neck a bit. Because man, #10 runs HARD out there. And I think when someone sees that in the same room as him, there are clear lessons to take away from it.

Still feels like this is a failed experiment that likely runs its course next season, but if we can coax a little productivity from him in the interim, that's nothing but a good thing.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:09 AM 10-03-2022
He ran much harder tonight than I ever recall seeing. I think he's starting to feel the heat from Pacheco.

He clearly isn't anywhere near the talented specimen #10 is, but there's a role for him on this team.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:10 AM 10-03-2022
I don’t think it hurts to have a rookie running up his ass also perhaps a little incentive going on
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:10 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
He still somehow scored a TD here, but if he didn't this should be magnified. I'm no CEH hater, but my god I wish he could learn to cutback.
If being a more decisive ballcarrier means he's taking that ball and hammering behind his blockers (which is how he scored there) then I'll take the occasional missed cut-back lane.

At a point you reach the loss mitigation stage of the program and I think that's where we are with CEH. That was a hard, powerful run that led to 6 whereas in the past he tries to sit back and wait for something then ends up tip-toeing into a possible hole.

I'll put this one on the "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good" pile.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:12 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Where was PM on this play? Was he lined up as a WR or was he not even in the game?
[Reply]
Page 41 of 43
« First < 313738394041 4243 >
Up