ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 32
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 03-28-2021

Source: #Seahawks DL Jarran Reed is headed to the #Chiefs on a 1-year deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:04 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think adding a second TE and a replacement for Watkins doesn’t mean that you change the offense. It allows you to do more of what you do now. Add guys who can tear up the intermediate parts of the field and still help underneath in shallow routes.
Yes, and it would also help to have somebody so the offense didn't take such a big hit when Kelce is out.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:08 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You’ve watched film? What film would that be?
Really?

There’s a wonderful invention called YouTube that has numerous full games of Kentucky football and some people are even kind enough to do all 22 breakdowns.
[Reply]
O.city 01:23 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Now get Okung/Ingram, nail the draft and head back to a 3rd straight SB. ****, we probably have enough already.
I'm just not an Okung fan. I'd rather draft someone in the first or second and play him at LT>
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:28 PM 03-29-2021
:-)O

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:30 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm just not an Okung fan. I'd rather draft someone in the first or second and play him at LT>
Signing Okung or another stop-gap allows you take the best long-term prospect at LT. It's a win-win.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:31 PM 03-29-2021
Okung = Watkins

Watkins = Okung

If we’re going the veteran route then at least you can count on Villanueva being able to play and be consistent. Okung is ALWAYS hurt.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:32 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Corner is full of riches in this draft. Dane Brugler just tweeted that he has 11 graded as top 62 picks.

I think they may take one based on principle, especially that Memphis kid that House coached. Then take one in the 4th that has traits and wait out Ingram.

Gonna be really damn interesting to see
They seem to be really interested in CB's, especially guys that could go around 31.

I think a big part of it is the cost control you get with a first round draft pick. CB's can be really expensive.
[Reply]
bricks 01:36 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Okung = Watkins

Watkins = Okung

If we’re going the veteran route then at least you can count on Villanueva being able to play and be consistent. Okung is ALWAYS hurt.
This. I agree.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:36 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Okung = Watkins

Watkins = Okung

Fine.

Villanueva then.

It doesn't really matter. Signing a bridge vet allows you the best probability to get the right LT in the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 01:41 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fine.

Villanueva then.

It doesn't really matter. Signing a bridge vet allows you the best probability to get the right LT in the draft.
How does signing a vet matter in that regard?
[Reply]
O.city 01:42 PM 03-29-2021
The best probability in the draft to get the right LT is to trade up for one of the elite prospects. Thats too costly. Or so I hear :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:45 PM 03-29-2021
I'm with you. Nothing but a bunch of below average stopgaps left now at the position. Signing any of them wouldn't really move the needle since we're still drafting a LT high, most likely in the first.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:46 PM 03-29-2021
The best probability in the draft to get the right LT is to trade up for one of the elite prospects. Thats too costly. Or so I hear :-)
They're not trading up into the top 7-8 for a tackle. That's what it would take to get Sewell.

The gap between Slater/Darrisaw and Cosmi/Eichenberg isn't worth it.

You're just throwing away resources.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:47 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'm with you. Nothing but a bunch of below average stopgaps left now at the position. Signing any of them wouldn't really move the needle since we're still drafting a LT high, most likely in the first.
Even if they trade up in the 1st, there's no guarantee the guy can or will start day 1.

Signing a stop gap gives them options with little to no additional cost. There's no reason NOT to do it, especially if you're dead set on drafting a LT high.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:49 PM 03-29-2021
Because the NFLPA is pushing for a "Virtual Offseason" again this year.

Do you really want a rookie LT starting in Week 1 just a few weeks after joining the team and limited practice time?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 32
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up