ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3306 of 3903
« First < 2306280632063256329633023303330433053306 33073308330933103316335634063806 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:36 AM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I was thinking more of the insurance companies. It's fine if you don't want to wear a helmet, but they can now decline head-trauma related coverage.

It's a choice you make, so alright.
That's a great idea that in no way will lead to insurance companies fighting and attempting in to deny coverage for people with traumatic brain injuries that were incurred in numerous other ways.
[Reply]
loochy 09:42 AM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That's a great idea that in no way will lead to insurance companies fighting and attempting in to deny coverage for people with traumatic brain injuries that were incurred in numerous other ways.

But we all trust insurance companies to do the right thing.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 12-15-2020
So if I'm reading thru all this right, it looks like we really need the JJ vaccine to have great results for us to have enough to vaccinate everyone that wants it by late winter/spring.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:52 AM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So if I'm reading thru all this right, it looks like we really need the JJ vaccine to have great results for us to have enough to vaccinate everyone that wants it by late winter/spring.
I don't know if theirs will even ben ready by then.
[Reply]
O.city 09:55 AM 12-15-2020

JUST IN: Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine is 94% effective at preventing illness and appears to protect against infection as well, documents released Tuesday morning say. https://t.co/V3VrNN40UW

— NBC News (@NBCNews) December 15, 2020

[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:58 AM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't know if theirs will even ben ready by then.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...pproval-445194

2 more vaccine developers could seek FDA's green light by February

This would mean the U.S. would have four Covid-19 vaccines available — including the first vaccine to only require one shot.

The Trump administration anticipates two more vaccine developers could seek FDA authorization for their shots by the end of February.

That would mean the U.S. would have four Covid-19 vaccines available — including the first vaccine to only require one shot — to meet its goal of immunizing 100 million people by the end of March.

The timeline: The first results from Johnson & Johnson's late-stage U.S. trial could come in the beginning of January, said Moncef Slaoui, the chief adviser to Operation Warp Speed, at a Monday press conference. By late January, the company could have enough safety data to submit an application to FDA for emergency use.

Johnson & Johnson cut its enrollment in its last-stage clinical trial from 60,000 to 40,000 because the virus is so widespread that data on efficacy is coming in faster than the company expected. J&J has so far enrolled more than 42,000 people and will stop recruiting participants later this week, Slaoui said.

The vaccine is the only one among the frontrunners that is given as a single dose. “Because it’s a one dose vaccine, they can really scale up very quickly,” Slaoui said.

The first efficacy readout of AstraZeneca’s vaccine could come in the second half of January, Slaoui estimated, and the company could potentially file for emergency use later in February.

AstraZeneca has already released data from a mix of late-stage clinical trials, showing that the standard two-dose vaccine was 62 percent effective. A lower dose paired with a standard-strength second-dose was 90 percent effective. That finding was the result of an error impacting a small group of trial participants.

On Friday night, the FDA authorized the first vaccine for emergency use from Pfizer. Federal health officials expect the second, for Moderna’s shot, could come later this week.

Why it matters: Coronavirus vaccines are the key to ending the pandemic, and authorizing more for emergency use could help ramp up availability. The first shots went into arms Monday, as the U.S. gears up for its most complex vaccination quest in history.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:22 AM 12-15-2020
Let's say the AZ and J&J vaccines are 75-80% effective rather than 95%. I would think that would still be enough to obtain an EUA. It could still be a very useful tool to end the pandemic. I would rather get a shot that may be somewhat less effective rather than having to wait another few months for the Pfizer and/or Moderna shot.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:26 AM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Let's say the AZ and J&J vaccines are 75-80% effective rather than 95%. I would think that would still be enough to obtain an EUA. It could still be a very useful tool to end the pandemic. I would rather get a shot that may be somewhat less effective rather than having to wait another few months for the Pfizer and/or Moderna shot.
The FDA really only requires 50% and would probably approve 30%
[Reply]
O.city 10:26 AM 12-15-2020
Hospital numbers here finally going down at a good clip
[Reply]
Hawker007 10:28 AM 12-15-2020
It's pretty cool to see the vaccine shots actually happening. I have several good friends who are doctors who received the shot in Wichita yesterday. Hope is on the way...
[Reply]
loochy 10:33 AM 12-15-2020

What is the constraining factor in manufacturing these? Will there be a common raw ingredient constraint? Or is it simply down to branded manufacturing facilities? I'm worried that there will be the same number of vaccines available no matter how many different varieties there are.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:11 AM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
What is the constraining factor in manufacturing these? Will there be a common raw ingredient constraint? Or is it simply down to branded manufacturing facilities? I'm worried that there will be the same number of vaccines available no matter how many different varieties there are.
All of the above.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:18 AM 12-15-2020
Hospital numbers here finally going down at a good clip
The anticipation of a vaccine appears to have a highly effective placebo effect.
[Reply]
O.city 11:21 AM 12-15-2020
Not much talk on this here. This is great news. Stops transmission.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:21 AM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
It may just depend on people's work and life situations, but I'd probably prefer to wait a little longer and get the 95% version as long as it's not too long. I have a great shelter-in-place lifestyle.
[Reply]
Page 3306 of 3903
« First < 2306280632063256329633023303330433053306 33073308330933103316335634063806 > Last »
Up