ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 35
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:27 PM 11-16-2021
US with a good goal, but Jamaica answered already. Let’s see how the team responds to the adversity on the road.
[Reply]
Shag 04:29 PM 11-16-2021
That Jamaica goal was crazy - what a banger.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 05:58 PM 11-16-2021
Disappointing result after the Mex game. Still happy to take the point over 0.

Brasil Argentina going right now. Wish I had time to watch.
[Reply]
jettio 08:21 PM 11-16-2021
Canada has Mexico playing on narrow turf football field in Edmonton. I looked up Edmonton weather and it says 17F. I guess field turf still has some bounce below freezing, but that's gamesmanship.

I think Canada has enough skill that they could have hosted on a full size field in warmer temperatures and have the same chance to get a result.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:15 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Canada has Mexico playing on narrow turf football field in Edmonton. I looked up Edmonton weather and it says 17F. I guess field turf still has some bounce below freezing, but that's gamesmanship.

I think Canada has enough skill that they could have hosted on a full size field in warmer temperatures and have the same chance to get a result.
That field. :-) Canada should be ashamed and embarrassed
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:19 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by cj2wr:
Any stream of the game today ? Please and thank you
http://livetv.sx/enx/

Has streams for any game... my go to, to watch anything.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:21 PM 11-16-2021
2-0 Canada in 51’
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:26 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:

Brasil Argentina going right now. Wish I had time to watch.

Meh game.

We played terribly @ Uruguay on Friday and got win resting Messi, and with the point today, we are technically qualified for Qatar, since 4th and 5th place have to play each next game (Peru / Col) and if either drop points, Argentina is in.

13 points clear from 6th place (no qualification), 12 points clear from 4th (direct) and 5th (playoff) with 4 games to go. Arg still has 5 games left to play.

I can see them playing a rotation of players to prep and get some experience on some of the bench players, or trying new formations for the final games prior to the WC

Im still shocked Portugal (losing to Serbia in Portugal in the 90th min) and Italy (tying with Northern Ireland WTF) need to go through the playoff system to make it now. Serbia and Swiss made it direct getting first place in their groups.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 09:36 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
Meh game.

We played terribly @ Uruguay on Friday and got win resting Messi, and with the point today, we are technically qualified for Qatar, since 4th and 5th place have to play each next game (Peru / Col) and if either drop points, Argentina is in.

13 points clear from 6th place (no qualification), 12 points clear from 4th (direct) and 5th (playoff) with 4 games to go. Arg still has 5 games left to play.

I can see them playing a rotation of players to prep and get some experience on some of the bench players, or trying new formations for the final games prior to the WC

Im still shocked Portugal (losing to Serbia in Portugal in the 90th min) and Italy (tying with Northern Ireland WTF) need to go through the playoff system to make it now. Serbia and Swiss made it direct getting first place in their groups.

Thanks for the info. You guys have any younger players you’re excited to see get minutes? Messi is still the GOAT but he’s getting old in world class athlete years.

Would be crazy of Italy failed to qualify back to back World Cups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:54 PM 11-16-2021
Well the issue is that, most of our "younger" players, are already starters:

Defense
Romero (Spurs) 23

Midfield
Lo Celso (Spurs) 25
De Paul (Atletico Madrid) 27
Paredes (PSG) 27

Forwards
Martinez (Inter) 24
Dybala (Juventus) 28 --- probably the only one that doesn't get enough min (sub for Messi)

We really need to think of replacing Otamendi (Man City) 33, and Di Maria 33 (PSG) for 2026.

Messi is Messi and just like Ronaldo, I think they could play until they are 40...
[Reply]
kstater 10:10 PM 11-16-2021
Well, that was , something

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:13 PM 11-16-2021
Good to see that Canada is the best team in Concacaf these days.
[Reply]
|Zach| 05:08 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
That field. :-) Canada should be ashamed and embarrassed
Fuck that this is CONCACAF. You take every inch.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:30 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
**** that this is CONCACAF. You take every inch.
Doesn’t Mexico tend to play their games at high altitudes or in high heat , growing grass outdoors in Edmonton in November is pretty hard but I will admit it looked bush league .
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:39 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Doesn’t Mexico tend to play their games at high altitudes or in high heat , growing grass outdoors in Edmonton in November is pretty hard but I will admit it looked bush league .
Everyone in the region has their tricks. Shin-high grass. A rain of batteries, bags of urine and severed animal heads. Lost luggage, loud parties, hotels with no electricity and weather that is either way too hot, way too humid or way too much of both. All part of the magic.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 35
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up