ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 35
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:25 AM 08-06-2021
Sallioe is balling out
[Reply]
BeMyValentine 10:27 AM 08-06-2021
Just so people realize how big Soccer has become, Messi just finished his Barcelona four year contract of $674 million dollars.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:07 AM 08-06-2021
I don't mind soccer, I'll catch a match from time to time.

For those who know soccer better than me, which league is the best? Premier, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.??????
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:18 AM 08-06-2021
BPL
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:33 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I don't mind soccer, I'll catch a match from time to time.

For those who know soccer better than me, which league is the best? Premier, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.??????
Premier League has the most top quality talent top to bottom. If you’re looking for the best competition, though, the Champions League is best thing about European soccer. It’s the top teams from all of those leagues in a huge tournament throughout the season.
[Reply]
Shag 05:24 PM 08-06-2021
Looking like Messi to PSG, as expected. Boring.

Lukaku to Chelsea is apparently close, expected this weekend. As a Chelsea fan, it's a huge fee, but pumped to finally have a legit striker. Hopefully, they can at least give City a fight for the PL this year.
[Reply]
jettio 05:37 PM 08-06-2021
I suppose real estate is expensive in Venice. Venezia's home stadium holds about 7,500 fans. Hopefully, Busio will get to play a lot and the team stays in Serie A.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:13 PM 08-06-2021
:-)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:26 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is.
This gay.

[Reply]
Clyde Frog 03:20 PM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Shag:
Looking like Messi to PSG, as expected. Boring.

Lukaku to Chelsea is apparently close, expected this weekend. As a Chelsea fan, it's a huge fee, but pumped to finally have a legit striker. Hopefully, they can at least give City a fight for the PL this year.

Should have never gotten rid of Costa. As much as I hated losing Lukaku he needed to leave to grow and am glad he is likely coming back.

The loss that really hurt is DeBrunye. This team would have been insanely stacked w him.

I expect well see a lot more state side Chelsea fans now w WC in the near future and Pulisic emerging as a legit player in EPL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:31 PM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Should have never gotten rid of Costa. As much as I hated losing Lukaku he needed to leave to grow and am glad he is likely coming back.

The loss that really hurt is DeBrunye. This team would have been insanely stacked w him.

I expect well see a lot more state side Chelsea fans now w WC in the near future and Pulisic emerging as a legit player in EPL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a fan of the rumored move to fullback as far as his development goes for the US. We need him playing on the wing as much as possible. I understand it from Chelsea’s perspective, though. Still sucks for us. Although, it could potentially turn him into a complete badass high pressing winger, but I just feel like we need him having as many chances to finish as possible, because he’s the only real finisher the US has right now. We have other potential ones with Reyna and if we’re praying enough Sergeant or Weah! Taking Pulisic further away from goal will only hurt his development on the wing for the US. Let’s hope it’s not a permanent thing.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 06:46 PM 08-07-2021
Not a fan of the rumored move to fullback as far as his development goes for the US. We need him playing on the wing as much as possible. I understand it from Chelsea’s perspective, though. Still sucks for us. Although, it could potentially turn him into a complete badass high pressing winger, but I just feel like we need him having as many chances to finish as possible, because he’s the only real finisher the US has right now. We have other potential ones with Reyna and if we’re praying enough Sergeant or Weah! Taking Pulisic further away from goal will only hurt his development on the wing for the US. Let’s hope it’s not a permanent thing.
I agree. I think we're all (American Fans) hoping that doesn't happen with CP.

We still need to identify a legit 9 to have any chance of doing anything on the world stage. Zardes is so hot and cold and Dike didn't really do much to push him for the start in the Gold Cup.
[Reply]
Shag 12:11 PM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:

Imagine KdB on the squad now? Crazy to think Chelsea had young KdB, Lukaku, and Salah and let them all go.

They played Pulisic at WB in a recent friendly, and sounds like it didn't go that well (unsurprisingly). His injury issues have definitely hurt his stock, especially now that the attack is so stacked - Werner will probably now move into Pulisic's preferred spot on the left, so it will be interesting to see how Tuchel uses him this year.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 07:12 PM 08-10-2021
Doesn’t look like SKC has anything for Leon.
3-0 at half is an ass kicking, right?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 35
1 234511 > Last »
Up