ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 63
« First < 4445051525354 55565758 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
DomCasual 03:45 PM 05-09-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I want one. I'll have to start negotiations with my wife for counter space. Our kitchen isn't particularly large and she closely monitors counter space.
Depending on what kind of an ice aficionado you are, this one if pretty awesome.

You might say, "There's no way I'm paying $400 for an ice maker." But my wife loves pebble ice. Before we had a countertop one, she would go nearly every day to buy drinks from Sonic (or one of the thousand drink shops that Utah has). It didn't take long for this thing to pay for itself.

Before this, we had one made by GE. It looks a little nicer, but is really fragile - just constantly breaking down.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:00 PM 05-09-2022
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
Depending on what kind of an ice aficionado you are, this one if pretty awesome.

You might say, "There's no way I'm paying $400 for an ice maker." But my wife loves pebble ice. Before we had a countertop one, she would go nearly every day to buy drinks from Sonic (or one of the thousand drink shops that Utah has). It didn't take long for this thing to pay for itself.

Before this, we had one made by GE. It looks a little nicer, but is really fragile - just constantly breaking down.
Is pebble ice basically crushed ice or is it the larger size like this? It's a good point about shape, though. I need to figure out exactly what I want.

I did get spousal approval, though, which is the key first step.

[Reply]
DomCasual 04:31 PM 05-09-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Is pebble ice basically crushed ice or is it the larger size like this? It's a good point about shape, though. I need to figure out exactly what I want.

I did get spousal approval, though, which is the key first step.

It's just like that, in your picture. It's actually many different thin layers of ice, so it just crumbles when you chew it. Honestly, it's pretty amazing - the best ice you will ever have. The cool thing about the one I linked is that it has an option to hook it up to a water source, so you don't have to keep filling the tank. We've had it for a couple months (after the GE one finally crapped out for the last time), and it seems pretty well engineered and constructed.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:25 PM 05-09-2022

Damn , I'm almost tempted to buy that . I'm in the same boat with my wife, she has to have a fountain drink every god damn day of my life just because the ice is so ****ing wonderful.

She's not even supposed to drive because of seizure meds and COPD and she took our Durango to the convenient store about a month ago and totaled it on the way home because I was too busy at the moment to drop everything I was doing .

Cost me 13K out of pocket to replace the vehicle.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:38 PM 05-09-2022
And ordered.

Note to self : Do not click on this thread ever again.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:14 PM 05-09-2022

FYI, Sonic sells their ice by the bag. DON'T ASK ME HOW I FUCKING KNOW THAT, I JUST DO!
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 08:26 AM 05-10-2022
I bought a fleshlight once but it didnt fit. I was too large for it. Not a bad buy tho compared to white drugs in Mexico. Now thats a regrettable purchase.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:15 AM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
And ordered.

Note to self : Do not click on this thread ever again.
You have to have a delayed reaction when reading this thread. Sometimes I'll leave it there for a week or more before clicking on it. That way there are lots of new posts to go through thus limiting you spend too much time looking at one thing and buying it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:27 AM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
You have to have a delayed reaction when reading this thread. Sometimes I'll leave it there for a week or more before clicking on it. That way there are lots of new posts to go through thus limiting you spend too much time looking at one thing and buying it.
Working Hogs all my life I learned to make quick decisions because if you don't then you can end up with Boar semen in your hair.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:33 AM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Working Hogs all my life I learned to make quick decisions because if you don't then you can end up with Boar semen in your hair.
Does boar semen wash out? Never raised a boar. I dont trust the concept of a farm animal thats just as smart as me.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:13 PM 05-10-2022
Awwwwwwwwm shiiiiii!!!!!

Game

Changed
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:31 PM 05-12-2022
This is Woot! so inventory moves fast, but thought people might have some interest, . . .

https://tools.woot.com/offers/charbr...f=w_gw_zl_lc_2

Char-Broil 19202101 Deluxe Black Digital Electric Smoker, Large, 725 Square Inch
$199.99

[Reply]
SuperChief 05:53 PM 05-30-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Just pulled the trigger on this model (Sleep Number 360 i8 Smart Bed). Really excited about it. That adjustable air technology was wild at the in-store demo. Felt like I could have fallen asleep right then and there, had there not been a weird rando salesperson there watching me.

Thanks for the recommendations, all!
I scheduled a return for the bed LOL. My wife and I decided we didn't like it for a few reasons.

1 - The app is terrible. I often (80% of the time) have to open and close the app 2-4 times to get it to function and change the sleep number on the mattress.
2 - It feels like you're on a glorified air mattress. Maybe because I'm a bigger guy, as I could see there being a difference for "normal" sized folks.
3 - The motion transference is really bad. When my wife gets up, I feel every second of it.

Thankfully I'm still in the return window. Of course, Sleep Number made a pitch to "fix" some of these problems in lieu of returning. They mentioned sending several difference layers of foam, some for under the air chamber, some for in between the two different chambers, etc. etc. I still opted to return.

We went and looked around and decided to try a Tempur Pedic hybrid model next (partially medium-soft memory foam, partially innerspring coils). I think this will work better for what we're looking for, I hope.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:28 PM 05-31-2022
Bummer. Hope you like the Temperpedic!
[Reply]
In58men 09:02 PM 05-31-2022
These are fucking amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
Page 54 of 63
« First < 4445051525354 55565758 > Last »
Up