ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Money no object, where else in the World would you live?
scho63 07:31 AM 05-31-2023
Take away your current location and say you decide you are going to move to the place of your dreams.

Where in the World is it?
US?
An island?
An exotic land?
Europe?
South America?
Asia?

Describe the perfect place, size of your house and what you are going to do. You have 10 years at a minimum in this location.

For me it would be one of three places:

1. Greece-never been there but dream of living an island hopping lifestyle. A small house of 800-1000 sq ft. 2 bed/2 bath and a nice outdoor area with a small plunge pool.

2. Italy-been there twice and love the location to travel all over Europe. The laid back life and food would turn me into a fat guy again but all the walking cities would help. Plus all the history. Again same size house

3. Vietnam-I would buy a nice 2Bd/2Ba condo on the beach in Nha Trang and travel all over Asia. Thailand, the Philippines, Bali, Indonesia and more. Love Vienamese food and happy endings.

So where are you headed? :-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:33 PM 06-01-2023
Aruba. Did our 25th anniversary there. That place was not only beautiful, but the people were genuinely nice as hell, the place is very safe and again...gorgeous. Best beaches I've ever seen.

Expensive as hell though.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:16 PM 06-01-2023
A beach front house in San Diego would be fine with me.

If I wanted to be more secluded, a nice spread with some land on Kauai would be a good choice. Man the vibe of that island was just so relaxing.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 08:54 PM 06-01-2023
Any atoll that wouldn't get a tsunami to the face every 5 years.

edit: fish my life away
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:02 PM 06-01-2023
Where I do, but I'd own a lot of land to raise cattle.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 11:50 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I’d settle somewhere on the South Florida or Southern California coast.

First choice would probably be the Florida gulf coast. I’m thinking somewhere between Clearwater and Naples. Anywhere in between there like Sarasota, Siesta Key, Sanibel Island, Ana Maria Island, etc. is fine.

San Diego or somewhere there about would probably be my next choice. I just can’t stand seeing all the homeless people in SoCal.

Either way, I’d have a 3,000-4,000 square foot home right on the water and I’d spend most of my time around the water, at the pool, on the beach, on my mini yacht (I’ve always wanted a yacht).
If it’s SoCal I’m going with Newport Beach. I have a buddy that grew up there and it’s got everything you need within walking distance and the cops keep the homeless people and rif raf out.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:23 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Alternative #2: Nairobi, Kenya

So this seems like a odd choice. You do need private security but not as much as South Africa. Nairobi is a travel hub, fairly stable, and Kenya is a country on the rise. The climate is nice with the city being at altitude. Nature and parks can't be beat.
Holy shit. I figured it would be balls hot. Avg high between 81 and 74 all year. Im in.
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 06:09 AM 06-02-2023
my happy place is estes park colorado, money no object? my house would be on top of thunder mountain facing west towards rocky mountain national park. best view in the world
[Reply]
Reroka 06:12 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Aruba. Did our 25th anniversary there. That place was not only beautiful, but the people were genuinely nice as hell, the place is very safe and again...gorgeous. Best beaches I've ever seen.

Expensive as hell though.
Loved Aruba, Also Bonaire, My wife and I were there last year and going again in December.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:04 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Liechtenstein is awesome but this is what it looks like in the winter

besides the living among Nazi's part. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:19 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
If it’s SoCal I’m going with Newport Beach. I have a buddy that grew up there and it’s got everything you need within walking distance and the cops keep the homeless people and rif raf out.
I’m not familiar with Newport Beach but it looks beautiful and gives great access to LA, San Diego, Carlsbad, etc. If what you say about them keeping out the homeless is true, then sign me up.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:21 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
So I take it you haven’t been to Orlando yet??
I always found Houston to have the worst commuting system. That or the New Jersey turnpike.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:46 AM 06-02-2023
I’m not familiar with Newport Beach but it looks beautiful and gives great access to LA, San Diego, Carlsbad, etc. If what you say about them keeping out the homeless is true, then sign me up.
Newport is awesome. I have a time share condo in Newport and go there for a week or two every year.

I'd mentioned Laguna Beach instead, which is about five miles down the road, mostly because I've never been sure what Newport's boundaries are and think Laguna is more pedestrian-friendly. But parts of Newport are pedestrian friendly out on the Balboa Peninsula and Balboa Island. And then somewhere between Newport and Laguna is the town of Corona Del Mar, which is also pedestrian-friendly, though it's kind of bifurcated by the main road, which makes it a little more challenging than walking around in Laguna.

I'd put Laguna at #1, but I'd pick any of these three places without hesitation. And in any of them you'll see more Lamborghinis than panhandling vagrants. They're in Orange County, which is a conservative stronghold in SoCal, and I suspect they bus any vagrants up to Los Angeles or something.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:09 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Newport is awesome. I have a time share condo in Newport and go there for a week or two every year.

I'd mentioned Laguna Beach instead, which is about five miles down the road, mostly because I've never been sure what Newport's boundaries are and think Laguna is more pedestrian-friendly. But parts of Newport are pedestrian friendly out on the Balboa Peninsula and Balboa Island. And then somewhere between Newport and Laguna is the town of Corona Del Mar, which is also pedestrian-friendly, though it's kind of bifurcated by the main road, which makes it a little more challenging than walking around in Laguna.

I'd put Laguna at #1, but I'd pick any of these three places without hesitation. And in any of them you'll see more Lamborghinis than panhandling vagrants. They're in Orange County, which is a conservative stronghold in SoCal, and I suspect they bus any vagrants up to Los Angeles or something.
Now you’re talking my language. I actually did spend a day at Aliso Beach in Laguna Niguel, which is apparently separate from Laguna Beach..? That was news to me. Anyway, yeah, beautiful place and we didn’t see a single vagrant the entire time. That was a stark contrast to the time we spent in San Diego and LA.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:44 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Holy shit. I figured it would be balls hot. Avg high between 81 and 74 all year. Im in.
Nairobi National Park is literally right outside the city too.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:47 PM 06-02-2023
Now you’re talking my language. I actually did spend a day at Aliso Beach in Laguna Niguel, which is apparently separate from Laguna Beach..? That was news to me. Anyway, yeah, beautiful place and we didn’t see a single vagrant the entire time. That was a stark contrast to the time we spent in San Diego and LA.
Laguna Niguel is just up the hill inland from Laguna Beach. It looks like Aliso Beach is actually in Laguna Beach, though it's outside the main part of town.

My understanding is that Niguel is more affordable since it's a mile or so inland. That doesn't mean that it's cheap by any means, but it's $1 million dollar homes instead of $8 million homes.

When my wife and I go out there, we have a little contest about who'll see the first supercar. The first sighting is almost always on the drive from the airport to the condo.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up