ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Money no object, where else in the World would you live?
scho63 07:31 AM 05-31-2023
Take away your current location and say you decide you are going to move to the place of your dreams.

Where in the World is it?
US?
An island?
An exotic land?
Europe?
South America?
Asia?

Describe the perfect place, size of your house and what you are going to do. You have 10 years at a minimum in this location.

For me it would be one of three places:

1. Greece-never been there but dream of living an island hopping lifestyle. A small house of 800-1000 sq ft. 2 bed/2 bath and a nice outdoor area with a small plunge pool.

2. Italy-been there twice and love the location to travel all over Europe. The laid back life and food would turn me into a fat guy again but all the walking cities would help. Plus all the history. Again same size house

3. Vietnam-I would buy a nice 2Bd/2Ba condo on the beach in Nha Trang and travel all over Asia. Thailand, the Philippines, Bali, Indonesia and more. Love Vienamese food and happy endings.

So where are you headed? :-)
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:30 PM 05-31-2023
Alternate choice #1: Liechtenstein.

[Reply]
scho63 02:10 PM 06-01-2023
So no one is retiring to the Middle East? :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:29 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Alternate choice #1: Liechtenstein.

Liechtenstein is awesome but this is what it looks like in the winter

[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:30 PM 06-01-2023
Maui
[Reply]
Otter 02:34 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Liechtenstein is awesome but this is what it looks like in the winter

Looks a lot like Aspen. Some people love the snow, me being one.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:52 PM 06-01-2023
Me too!

I prefer Austria / Italy for the Alps but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Innsbruck is awesome. Bonus for being a college town with really cool bars.

[Reply]
Frazod 03:10 PM 06-01-2023
Outside of the U.S., to a place I've actually been - Port Mahon, on the Spanish island of Menorca. At least before it got overrun by refugees.

Outside of the U.S., to a place I've not been - Switzerland.

In the U.S. - Juneau, Alaska.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:32 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
So no one is retiring to the Middle East? :-)
Eureka's map in Post 99 shows a very nice weather region in central Iraq, which may be the Tigris-Euphrates valley. Bonus for finding cool artifacts in your garden.
[Reply]
Buns 04:02 PM 06-01-2023
The Hunt apartment at Arrowhead
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:11 PM 06-01-2023
If we did this by continent, here would be my choices. I'm sure that I would change some of these if I had more experience in each place, but this is based on my current perceptions. I'll include a Money Is No Object (MINO) choice and a Money Is An Issue choice (MIAI).

North America
MINO - Laguna Beach, CA
MIAI - Denver, CO

If the second option was something other than Denver, I'd be there. I can't afford Laguna.

South America
MINO - Lima, Peru
MIAI - Lima, Peru

Money probably doesn't alter my choice here. I don't know much about this area, but the nice parts of Lima seemed nicer to me than the nice parts of Buenos Aires and Rio.

Antarctica
MINO - Northern tip of the Antarctic Peninsula
MIAI - Northern tip of the Antarctic Peninsula

Money probably doesn't alter my choice here. I'd pretty much just try to find the warmest spot and a place where it's easy to club seals.

Europe
MINO - Paris, France
MIAI - Funchal, Portugal

I'm not sure I'd pick Paris over Funchal even with infinite money. There are a ton of good options on this continent.

Africa
MINO - Cape Town, South Africa
MIAI - Nosy Boraha, Madagascar

Yeesh - this is not an easy question at all. I'd probably try to get enough money to move to another continent. Maybe some place like Libreville, Gabon, could top the list just because it's kind of stable. I don't know my options very well here.

Asia
MINO - Tokyo, Japan
MIAI - Pusan, Korea

I'd want an area with little pollution and a high propensity for English. I considered Seoul, but the pollution is bad there. Tokyo is not great for English, but it's okay and not really polluted. I could maneuver there.
I'd probably prefer to be in a different Japanese city if there was much English at all, but I think English use declines notably outside Tokyo. Hong Kong is also a really strong contender for the MINO option.

Pusan is a nice MIAI choice because Koreans like to speak English and it's big enough to have some western influences. It's not as upscale as Tokyo, but would be a contender for top spot. I would consider Cheju here, but that's probably not fair since it's a tourist island.

Petropavlovsk is one of the most gorgeous places I've ever seen, but I think Russia's not a good option.

Australia/Oceania
MINO - Auckland, New Zealand
MIAI - Hobart, Tasmania

Some place like Tahiti seems like an obvious choice, but I think I'd get cabin fever on a small remote island. I'm also not a swimmer or boater at all. I'd also consider Sydney or Bali for the MINO option. I've never been to New Zealand but everyone who goes there says it's great. For the MIAI option, I'd consider Perth, but I've been to Hobart and I think Tasmania's a nice place.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:37 PM 06-01-2023
The Azores. By far the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Jungle. Beaches. Forest. Lakes. Mountains. It's got everything.

Just a thatch margarita hut 200 steps from the water...
[Reply]
BWillie 06:13 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Me too!

I prefer Austria / Italy for the Alps but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Innsbruck is awesome. Bonus for being a college town with really cool bars.

Kimosabi been around the world like diddy
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:27 PM 06-01-2023
Alternative #2: Nairobi, Kenya

So this seems like a odd choice. You do need private security but not as much as South Africa. Nairobi is a travel hub, fairly stable, and Kenya is a country on the rise. The climate is nice with the city being at altitude. Nature and parks can't be beat.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:39 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Motherfucker. I'd rather slam my dick and balls in a car door than do Miami traffic again.
So I take it you haven’t been to Orlando yet??
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:21 PM 06-01-2023
I’d settle somewhere on the South Florida or Southern California coast.

First choice would probably be the Florida gulf coast. I’m thinking somewhere between Clearwater and Naples. Anywhere in between there like Sarasota, Siesta Key, Sanibel Island, Ana Maria Island, etc. is fine.

San Diego or somewhere there about would probably be my next choice. I just can’t stand seeing all the homeless people in SoCal.

Either way, I’d have a 3,000-4,000 square foot home right on the water and I’d spend most of my time around the water, at the pool, on the beach, on my mini yacht (I’ve always wanted a yacht).
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up