ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Money no object, where else in the World would you live?
scho63 07:31 AM 05-31-2023
Take away your current location and say you decide you are going to move to the place of your dreams.

Where in the World is it?
US?
An island?
An exotic land?
Europe?
South America?
Asia?

Describe the perfect place, size of your house and what you are going to do. You have 10 years at a minimum in this location.

For me it would be one of three places:

1. Greece-never been there but dream of living an island hopping lifestyle. A small house of 800-1000 sq ft. 2 bed/2 bath and a nice outdoor area with a small plunge pool.

2. Italy-been there twice and love the location to travel all over Europe. The laid back life and food would turn me into a fat guy again but all the walking cities would help. Plus all the history. Again same size house

3. Vietnam-I would buy a nice 2Bd/2Ba condo on the beach in Nha Trang and travel all over Asia. Thailand, the Philippines, Bali, Indonesia and more. Love Vienamese food and happy endings.

So where are you headed? :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:39 PM 05-31-2023
I would live in California if you paid me.

In fact that's the exact situation
[Reply]
Bump 03:56 PM 05-31-2023
Iceland
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:00 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Florida traffic is awful.

Haven't been in a few years, so i can't say. Probably can't be worse than LA/SoCal though. I've driven/lived in a lot of places, and LA traffic is the worst, except for BOS. But BOS is more about the roads/system itself, whereas LA is the sheer volume of drivers, AND the road system.

It's kind of funny, but when I lived in CHI i thought the traffic was terrible and the roads sucked. Then i moved to LA. A couple years later I went back for a visit to CHI and the traffic wasn't a big deal to me at all.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:02 PM 05-31-2023
Your happiness level of living in LA has a ton to do with where you settle and where you work.

Live and work in Redondo Beach? Every day is a miracle.

Live in Boyle Heights and commute to Northridge? Put a gun in your mouth.

I live and work in Studio City and I don't even think about traffic.
[Reply]
Otter 04:02 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
South Africa? I spent some time in Durban and it was dystopian. The stores were all locked and you had to ring to get in, and the houses were all surrounded in razor wire.

I went further north into Zululand and it was pretty, but also pretty rural.

You must have found a different place than I did. I've heard that Cape Town is nice, so is that your destination?
You nailed it, Cape Town.

Jaw dropping but I do understand it gets sketchy when you go off the grid.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 04:24 PM 05-31-2023
If money was no object:

Stateside: Big Sur, just south of Carmel Highlands (God knows, I'd need unlimited funds to live in CA these days.)

Overseas: Summers in Scotland/Winters in Monaco.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:35 PM 05-31-2023
Malta

It's pretty much perfect.

I'd be content pretty much anywhere on the Mediterranean, but Malta is my 1a.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 04:38 PM 05-31-2023
Philippines, I love the women there. Beautiful and if you find the right one they are ride or die. The beaches are beautiful, the people love Americans and it’s laid back. I plan on retiring there.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:44 PM 05-31-2023
Florida traffic is awful.
Motherfucker. I'd rather slam my dick and balls in a car door than do Miami traffic again.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:46 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
If money was no object:

Stateside: Big Sur, just south of Carmel Highlands (God knows, I'd need unlimited funds to live in CA these days.)

Overseas: Summers in Scotland/Winters in Monaco.

Big Sur is beautiful but too off the beaten path for me. Carmel by the Sea or Monterey is just gorgeous but money money money.

Everyone should go to that area once and see Pebble Beach
[Reply]
|Zach| 05:50 PM 05-31-2023
New York City....possibly Gothenburg Sweden or somewhere in Germany.
[Reply]
Hydrae 05:56 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
You talking about off-the-grid, DIY, wiping your butt with seashells homesteading?
:-)

Off grid for the most part (still need an Internet connection for work for a couple years). But not nearly to the seashell level. Build our own place while living in a mobile home is where the current plan is leaning. Wife wants the beach and I want the forest so it is a perfect place.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:04 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
:-)

Off grid for the most part (still need an Internet connection for work for a couple years). But not nearly to the seashell level. Build our own place while living in a mobile home is where the current plan is leaning. Wife wants the beach and I want the forest so it is a perfect place.

Don't buy your property on a cliff overlooking the beach in OR. I have an acquaintance I know that did that, and long story short, his house fell over the cliff a couple three years ago.

Sounds great though. Would love to see pics someday.

Good call on the seashells. Some of them are sharp. Scarred buttholes aren't sexy. Even in OR.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:05 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Haven't been in a few years, so i can't say. Probably can't be worse than LA/SoCal though. I've driven/lived in a lot of places, and LA traffic is the worst, except for BOS. But BOS is more about the roads/system itself, whereas LA is the sheer volume of drivers, AND the road system.

It's kind of funny, but when I lived in CHI i thought the traffic was terrible and the roads sucked. Then i moved to LA. A couple years later I went back for a visit to CHI and the traffic wasn't a big deal to me at all.
I've found Southern California traffic to be pretty predictable. I haven't experienced what you described during off-hours. I've done the drive-10-miles-in-2.5-hours thing during rush hour when I've been there for work, but have been completely fine during the weekends or on the relative outskirts like driving from San Diego to Anaheim on a weekday.

I haven't experienced the worst LA rush hour traffic in Florida (granted, it might exist in Miami), but there's traffic fucking everywhere. It would routinely take me 45 minutes to drive the ~10-15 miles from the Clearwater/Largo/St Pete area to Tampa, no matter if it was rush hour or 8am on a Saturday. I drove down the gulf coast and it was just traffic... slowdowns where there shouldn't even be traffic and bumper-to-bumper for 200 miles.

Add to that the worst possible combination of drivers..... clueless tourists, retirees, and locals who want to drive 90+... that place is a fucking death trap (and I believe has 3 of the unsafest highways in the country because of their fuckery).
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:15 PM 05-31-2023
I've found Southern California traffic to be pretty predictable. I haven't experienced what you described during off-hours. I've done the drive-10-miles-in-2.5-hours thing during rush hour when I've been there for work, but have been completely fine during the weekends or on the relative outskirts like driving from San Diego to Anaheim on a weekday.

I haven't experienced the worst LA rush hour traffic in Florida (granted, it might exist in Miami), but there's traffic fucking everywhere. It would routinely take me 45 minutes to drive the ~10-15 miles from the Clearwater/Largo/St Pete area to Tampa, no matter if it was rush hour or 8am on a Saturday. I drove down the gulf coast and it was just traffic... slowdowns where there shouldn't even be traffic and bumper-to-bumper for 200 miles.

Add to that the worst possible combination of drivers..... clueless tourists, retirees, and locals who want to drive 90+... that place is a fucking death trap (and I believe has 3 of the unsafest highways in the country because of their fuckery).
Yeah, that part sounds like a mixture I wouldn't want any part of. Bad enough here in Az when all the snowbirds descend on us for a few months.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up