ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Carolina really traded it all for this
RunKC 10:00 PM 05-21-2023
I can’t believe how tiny this guy is. At least Russell Wilson had a thick body frame. Bryce is short and lanky.

this just can’t work. I’m sorry pic.twitter.com/8RAezziWv0

— justice for kevin love (@LakeEffectBro) May 20, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There have been so many guys like Richardson who just weren't good though...it's 50/50
Yup. At a point, all the athleticism in the world is just building on a foundation of sand if your guy can't repeat his mechanics or read a defense.

Unless, I guess, you're willing to sell out and build a Lamar Jackson-esque offense that simply covers over every problem the guy has as a passer. And even a Lamar Jackson offense requires one hell of a defense to work.

The Ravens 'blueprint' is just so damn hard to pull off. It isn't the approach I'd take.

I think Stroud was ultimately the QB to take from this draft and essentially every other team at the top of the draft should've been happy to trade back/out and try again next season. Afterall, pretty much every one of them is STILL going to suck next season and I think that QB crop looks a hell of a lot better.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:25 AM 05-22-2023
:-) why couldn't he have gone to an AFC team for us to destroy
[Reply]
Mecca 10:25 AM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup. At a point, all the athleticism in the world is just building on a foundation of sand if your guy can't repeat his mechanics or read a defense.

Unless, I guess, you're willing to sell out and build a Lamar Jackson-esque offense that simply covers over every problem the guy has as a passer. And even a Lamar Jackson offense requires one hell of a defense to work.

The Ravens 'blueprint' is just so damn hard to pull off. It isn't the approach I'd take.

I think Stroud was ultimately the QB to take from this draft and essentially every other team at the top of the draft should've been happy to trade back/out and try again next season. Afterall, pretty much every one of them is STILL going to suck next season and I think that QB crop looks a hell of a lot better.
Houstons move is baffling Arizona probably has 2 top 5 picks next year...
[Reply]
RunKC 10:30 AM 05-22-2023
There have been so many guys like Richardson who just weren't good though...it's 50/50
But how many of those guys had a coach like Steichen? Lol at his resume it’s quite impressive. Did a good job as QB coach with Rivers from 2016-19 before he got old, did a grey at job with Herbert as OC, did a great job with Hurts as OC.

I think situation matters so much. Richardson probably bombs if he goes to Houston to be coached by Bob Slowik.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:36 AM 05-22-2023
Houstons move is baffling Arizona probably has 2 top 5 picks next year...
Yeah, giving up next years 1st was just completely insane.

I mean, Arizona could potentially end up with Caleb Williams AND Marvin Harrison Jr.

No earthly idea how they'd get out from under Kyler Murray at that point, but somebody with more cap space than they can reasonable torch will likely be interested...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:36 AM 05-22-2023
lmao

[Reply]
Mecca 10:38 AM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, giving up next years 1st was just completely insane.

I mean, Arizona could potentially end up with Caleb Williams AND Marvin Harrison Jr.

No earthly idea how they'd get out from under Kyler Murray at that point, but somebody with more cap space than they can reasonable torch will likely be interested...
If Ridder bombs I could see Atlanta being like well we'll give you something for him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 05-22-2023
If Ridder bombs I could see Atlanta being like well we'll give you something for him.
Detroit (Hooker being the wild card)
Rams (Stafford probably circling the drain; lots of flash for LA)
Vegas (Grapes blows)
Minnesota (Cousins is a pending UFA)
Washington (Because Washington)

There are some deals that could happen. And the Cards would end up eating some shit in the process. Maybe the shot to his ego will help Murray mature? Or is this gonna be a supercharged version of the Baker Mayfield mess where he wanted to leave, Cleveland wanted him gone but nobody wanted to acquire him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:56 AM 05-22-2023

[Reply]
Bowser 11:42 AM 05-22-2023
:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:42 AM 05-23-2023
Looks like a Madden random draft pick
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:29 AM 05-23-2023
Been a long time since I've seen that gif DJ. My God I'm in tears.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:08 PM 05-26-2023
Bryce is gonna ball. He’s a qb. What’s the concern with injury? Qbs don’t get hit anymore. Just be smart and he will be fine. He’s got low end Pat mahomes ability. Don’t sleep on Bryce.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:52 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Bryce is gonna ball. He’s a qb. What’s the concern with injury? Qbs don’t get hit anymore. Just be smart and he will be fine. He’s got low end Pat mahomes ability. Don’t sleep on Bryce.
He will have the same problem Tater and Kyler have: can't throw over the middle cause they can't see over the line. Tater and Kyler at least could be a threat scrambling, Bryce doesn't have that athletic ability.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:16 AM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
He will have the same problem Tater and Kyler have: can't throw over the middle cause they can't see over the line. Tater and Kyler at least could be a threat scrambling, Bryce doesn't have that athletic ability.
People that wanna act like height is irrelevant on intermediate throws just don't understand how leverage works.

Murray's balls over the middle are going to have less snap on them because he's gotta go up and over the line with them. He has to lob balls in there or hope a clear lane opens between his lineman. Whereas a QB that's 4-5 inches taller can come downhill with the throw and drive the ball into windows that are small to begin with and closing incredibly quickly.

I mean folks are welcome to try to argue that he has smarts that will overcome these physical barriers, but to try to act as though the barriers just don't exist is folly. His height is absolutely a problem and his build will be an even bigger one should he ever get the idea that operating outside of the pocket is a good idea.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up