ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Nic Jones Thread*****
Dante84 04:40 PM 04-29-2023
More to come!

Check out the #Chiefs' newest cornerback, @Showout_NJ.

(Via @MillerLite) pic.twitter.com/c86uOBcQS3

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:30 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
From your statement, it is literally you who is acting like you know why he wasn't drafted. I have no idea why he wasn't drafted, but I know that on the football field he was better than Nic Jones. Wright played better against better competition.

It is amazing how gatekeepers convince themselves that they are superior because they don't speak out when they disagree with something the team does.

I loved the FAU pick, and despite being confused as to why we traded up for Rice, I really like Rashee Rice. I also really like Morris.

Veach is the same guy that drafted BoPete Keyes and Joshua Kaindoh. Yet, gatekeepers act like not liking a player drafted by Veach is sacrilegious.
'gatekeepers', lol

Veach has had some picks that turned out not so good, but to say so minutes after the selection and call the pick 'trash' because they didn't take a guy you prefer and feel is far superior-and yet went undrafted is dumb.

No 'gatekeeper' about it.

You're not a scout. You're not a GM. All of the guys who get paid to find NFL talent for a living looked at Wright and said, "No, thanks."

Including 9 teams AFTER the Nic Jones pic.

So if this kid is so great, why is that?

You're either wrong, or there are things you don't know that made this happen. That, you know, scouts and GM's do know.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:32 PM 04-29-2023
From your statement, it is literally you who is acting like you know why he wasn't drafted. I have no idea why he wasn't drafted, but I know that on the football field he was better than Nic Jones. Wright played better against better competition.

It is amazing how gatekeepers convince themselves that they are superior because they don't speak out when they disagree with something the team does.

I loved the FAU pick, and despite being confused as to why we traded up for Rice, I really like Rashee Rice. I also really like Morris.

Veach is the same guy that drafted BoPete Keyes and Joshua Kaindoh. Yet, gatekeepers act like not liking a player drafted by Veach is sacrilegious.
It’s a fucking 7th rounder. Your boyfriend didn’t even get picked. I bet you’re a blast a parties??
[Reply]
Frosty 05:32 PM 04-29-2023
Wright signed with the Panthers
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:33 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
It’s a ****ing 7th rounder. Your boyfriend didn’t even get picked. I bet you’re a blast a parties??
Bottom line is, no NFL team thought Wright was worth the risk of taking, not even with a 7th rounder.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:37 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Bottom line is, no NFL team thought Wright was worth the risk of taking, not even with a 7th rounder.
And every team passed on Priest Holmes too. Were they right to do so?

I am not saying Wright will ever be anything in the NFL, but what I am saying is that Wright played better in college, against better competition, than Nic Jones.

And since when have the Chiefs had an issue with players having character issues?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:46 PM 04-29-2023

I am not saying Wright will ever be anything in the NFL, but what I am saying is that Wright played better in college, against better competition, than Nic Jones.

And since when have the Chiefs had an issue with players having character issues?
I don't know. I don't know shit about the kid, but there are 'character issues' and there are 'bad teammate' issues.

I guess Carolina took a flier on him as an UDFA. But nobody drafted him.

Holmes fell because in every measurable way, he was unspectacular. But he was smart, and he had a lot of heart, and when he landed in KC behind the best offensive line maybe ever, he was a perfect fit.

But if Wright is an asshole and nobody wants to coach him or play with him, then I'll take the special teams guy and pass, thanks.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 05:53 PM 04-29-2023

You're getting pissed off over a dude drafted in the 7th round. Seriously, calm down.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:24 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
You're getting pissed off over a dude drafted in the 7th round. Seriously, calm down.
I will say it again, being confused or disappointed by a pick DOES NOT EQUAL BEING PISSED OFF OR ANGRY

WTF is so hard to understand about that? I love the Chiefs, I think Veach is a top 2 GM in the NFL, and he has made so many great draft picks.

That does not mean I can't disagree with him, or with anyone else on this board.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:37 PM 04-29-2023

Get Veach on the horn and tell him about it, no one cares
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:38 PM 04-29-2023
I will say it again, being confused or disappointed by a pick DOES NOT EQUAL BEING PISSED OFF OR ANGRY

WTF is so hard to understand about that? I love the Chiefs, I think Veach is a top 2 GM in the NFL, and he has made so many great draft picks.

That does not mean I can't disagree with him, or with anyone else on this board.
So you are confused we drafted a guy instead of a guy that went undrafted?
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:40 PM 04-29-2023

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Kiimo 07:01 PM 04-29-2023
I'm not sure why anyone would really care enough about this pick in the 7th round to argue. If he makes the team on special teams it's a success

Spoiled by Veach
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:07 PM 04-29-2023
Who’s having a worse weekend? Uchieffybugger or chieffanantic?
[Reply]
kccrow 08:26 PM 04-29-2023
I really like this kid. Had him in a couple of mocks and talked about him as a sleeper. Good pick up me thinks.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:29 PM 04-29-2023
If you look at the draft and how many services had their board. It is clear that the NFL and the media had widely different ideas about the slotting of the talent available.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up