ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Nic Jones Thread*****
Dante84 04:40 PM 04-29-2023
More to come!

Check out the #Chiefs' newest cornerback, @Showout_NJ.

(Via @MillerLite) pic.twitter.com/c86uOBcQS3

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
redshirt32 05:02 PM 04-29-2023
blocks punts and returns im in
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:03 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
And he went undrafted.

So either something is wrong there, or 32 GM's are not as smart as you.

He'll be an UDFA, maybe we'll nab him then.
So, you would have taken Nic Jones over Wright?
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 05:05 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
This pick is trash. Veach is not infallible. Wright is a much better player. Period.
Shit man, with your infinite wisdom in drafting Veach should call you up and offer you a lead scout role.

Actually he should probably just resign and let you take over as GM. I mean what has he done other than orchestrate 5 straight AFC championship games (all at home) 3 super bowl appearances with 2 wins.

That obviously pales in your keyboard greatness.
[Reply]
Wilson8 05:05 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
At some point you do have to take guys that have ST experience or you get what we had last year, a bunch of guys struggling because they're NFL rookies being asked to do shit they never did.

This guy is literally competing with Nazi Johnson for one of the last roster spots.
Careful!

Nazeeh does not like to be called Nazi :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:06 PM 04-29-2023
It's so far down in the draft that I don't know shit about either. But if Veach passed, and so did the next 9 teams, there's something off the field that's a problem, or you're just wrong.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:06 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Careful!

Nazeeh does not like to be called Nazi :-)
Even actual Nazis don't like being called Nazi these days.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:11 PM 04-29-2023
Yeah, Wright seemed like a bitch on Last Chance U and perhaps those character concerns are real and kept any GM from picking him for 7 rounds.

It’s so ridiculous that you feel like you have any insight into this when the guy went undrafted.
[Reply]
TLO 05:12 PM 04-29-2023
Nic Jones... Who?
[Reply]
TLO 05:12 PM 04-29-2023
NIC JONES!
[Reply]
Coogs 05:15 PM 04-29-2023
Wrights teammate at CB got picked a couple of picks later than Jones. So there is that too!
[Reply]
KC Hawks 05:17 PM 04-29-2023
I'm so fucking angry right now. I can't believe they picked this guy I've never heard of in the 7th round instead of another guy I've never heard of.

Might be time to fly another banner.
[Reply]
Wilson8 05:18 PM 04-29-2023
Yep

L'Jarius Sneed 4th round pick

Trent McDuffie 1st round pick

Joshua Williams 4th round pick

Jaylen Watson 7th round pick

Somebody at the Chiefs is doing pretty well with CBs in the draft.

But perhaps it is coaching and scheme. I think Nic Jones will still do OK.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:24 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yeah, Wright seemed like a bitch on Last Chance U and perhaps those character concerns are real and kept any GM from picking him for 7 rounds.

It’s so ridiculous that you feel like you have any insight into this when the guy went undrafted.
See, I didn't even know that, but if he was on 'Last Chance U' that tells me that yeah, there's something wrong enough there that nobody wanted to draft him.

So in a battle of guys I've never heard of, I'll take the kid that's not a problem.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:24 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

From your statement, it is literally you who is acting like you know why he wasn't drafted. I have no idea why he wasn't drafted, but I know that on the football field he was better than Nic Jones. Wright played better against better competition.

It is amazing how gatekeepers convince themselves that they are superior because they don't speak out when they disagree with something the team does.

I loved the FAU pick, and despite being confused as to why we traded up for Rice, I really like Rashee Rice. I also really like Morris.

Veach is the same guy that drafted BoPete Keyes and Joshua Kaindoh. Yet, gatekeepers act like not liking a player drafted by Veach is sacrilegious.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:27 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
At some point you do have to take guys that have ST experience or you get what we had last year, a bunch of guys struggling because they're NFL rookies being asked to do shit they never did.

This guy is literally competing with Nazi Johnson for one of the last roster spots.
Prison Bitch’s favorite player??
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up