ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 34
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
-King- 11:38 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The Chiefs didn't really ask him to do either of those things and have openly praised his ability as a pass catcher. So i don't think these are fair criticisms.

And before anyone says, "yeah they didnt ask him to do it because he SUCKS at it..", it's much more likely they didn't ask him to do it because McKinnon is so goddamn good at it.

He might legit be the best pass blocking RB i've ever seen. Certainly the best ive ever seen wearing a Chiefs uni.
Jamaal was pretty amazing at it too. It's just that his pass blocking was wasted by the QBs we had before Alex.

But yeah, I've said this before but watching McKinnon block, it's clear why he's injured as often as he is. He has no business taking the blocks on that he does at his size. He's the definition of sacrificing your body for the good of the team.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:41 AM 06-02-2023
830 yards and 4.9 YPC in a half season as a starter seems pretty damn good to me.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:41 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
That's pure speculation. It's not much more likely at all. And the fact remains that they don't depend on him for those things. He caught 13 passes last year. Even Clyde had more than that, and he played 7 fewer games.
McKinnon had 56 catches last year, good enough for the 3rd highest on the team.

I don't think saying the Chiefs highly valued him in the passing game, over everyone not named Kelce, is much of a stretch here.

Dude gobbled up passing snaps and i don't think it's because they don't like Pacheco. I think it's because they really like McKinnon....because as we saw, he's really damn good at it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:42 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Jamaal was pretty amazing at it too. It's just that his pass blocking was wasted by the QBs we had before Alex.

But yeah, I've said this before but watching McKinnon block, it's clear why he's injured as often as he is. He has no business taking the blocks on that he does at his size. He's the definition of sacrificing your body for the good of the team.
Oh man, dude decleats foo's in pass protection. He had one pass block in preseason that was just LULZ. You probably remember the one...
[Reply]
staylor26 11:43 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
830 yards and 4.9 YPC in a half season as a starter seems pretty damn good to me.
Yea, I have no clue how much more you could expect.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:47 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
McKinnon had 56 catches last year, good enough for the 3rd highest on the team.

I don't think saying the Chiefs highly valued him in the passing game, over everyone not named Kelce, is much of a stretch here.

Dude gobbled up passing snaps and i don't think it's because they don't like Pacheco. I think it's because they really like McKinnon....because as we saw, he's really damn good at it.
Mahomes trusts him and he always seems available on the scramble drills. Dude will be hard to replace considering his combination of skills.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:52 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Mahomes trusts him and he always seems available on the scramble drills. Dude will be hard to replace considering his combination of skills.
Well we wont have to find out this year as we got McKinnon for one more round.

But im excited to see what Prince can do. The Chiefs seemed to have discovered a new "type".
[Reply]
KC Hawks 12:12 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Lol. Man, it wasn't even the last preseason game. It was the first preseason game. Locked every receiver down during the rookie camp, looked very impressive during OTAs, earned some starting reps in training camp, got thrown in the 1st or 2nd drive of the 1st preseason game, and then gets fucking COOKED for like a 60 yard TD or something.

Everybody just kind of nervous laughed and said, "Well, he IS still a rookie, and it's not the end of the world I guess..." but I just don't think that guy ever recovered from that play. I'm not saying he would have been a terrific player or anything like that, but I do think his confidence got rocked hard and the coaches just never saw him get back whatever it was they saw earlier in the offseason.
Dude was cooked by Trey Lance. That's all we needed to know about Devon Key's future.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:31 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Not gonna get too excited until I hear it from DJBill.
I can't help but think djbill is the love child of djs left nut and invincibill.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:35 PM 06-02-2023
Wouldn’t that be great if Morris wins the RT job and Taylor is able to play LT at a high level?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:46 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Wouldn’t that be great if Morris wins the RT job and Taylor is able to play LT at a high level?
Of course, and it would be even better if Morris could win the LT job and Taylor stays where he's had success, even if it's the least likely scenario.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:59 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Of course, and it would be even better if Morris could win the LT job and Taylor stays where he's had success, even if it's the least likely scenario.
Either way would be great. Tackles locked up for 4 years…that would be a huge game changer.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:37 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Either way would be great. Tackles locked up for 4 years…that would be a huge game changer.
That would be nasty.

That would lock in a good opportunity to easily transition from Thuney when necessary and hopefully not Trey Smith but maybe if the price is too high. I imagine they're keeping Creed.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:55 AM 11-27-2023
Even though he was only in for a short stint, I thought he was solid. Encouraging!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:57 AM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Even though he was only in for a short stint, I thought he was solid. Encouraging!
If he can start at either tackle spot next year, the Chiefs could have the entire OL back (with Creed and Trey on the last year of their rookie deals).

That would free up a lot of capital to address other needs, like WR.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 34
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up