ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 34
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
JPH83 11:46 PM 04-28-2023
Given this always had to be a developmental pick, and this guy DOES have tools, it feels decent enough. He definitely needs a year minimum but that's fine. Like Rice it's maybe not my favourite pick but it's OK.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:58 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by SDChiefs:
This guy did not participate in the teams bowl game to get ready for the draft. He hung his team out to dry to try to help himself. We overdrafted a me first player with the skillset to maybe be able to compete with niang. Veach is great with finding diamonds in the later rounds. He's terrible in the 1st 3 rounds.
Rub some dirt on it, Sports Dad

Maybe cheer for some D-II college team and talk about kids playing the game the "right way" and mention things like lunch pails like it's the 50s
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:00 AM 04-29-2023
The last two drafts were amazing, we're use to finding starters up and down the board.

This draft as a whole feels more typical of how drafts usually are. We picked players who have some nice upside but in all reality they will be valuable depth for a while. Kind of like Skyy rode the bench for a vast majority of last season. That's not a bad thing.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:36 AM 04-29-2023

The most pure power (force x velocity) that I have seen from OL/DL on film this draft cycle:

Darnell Wright
Mazi Smith
Jalen Carter
Broderick Jones
Keion White
Lucas Van Ness
Wanya Morris

— Brandon Thorn (@BrandonThornNFL) April 14, 2023

[Reply]
ChiTown 06:49 AM 04-29-2023
**** off genius. Name one great pick in the first 3 rounds that he did. You have zero knowledge hence your response.

[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:51 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'm not a fan of Morris but him skipping the bowl means jack shit. With that said he does have more tools than Wylie did and this staff made it work. It's likely I am wrong here and Reid/company make this pick work
I like what we’re (likely) going to be putting out there at both tackle spots as much or more than I did last year and think there’s room for growth on both sides (where OBJ probably not and Wylie felt like he was playing at the peak of his ability). That alone makes me feel a lot better and like the pick regardless of whether he beats Niang, etc out.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 07:08 AM 04-29-2023
**** off genius. Name one great pick in the first 3 rounds that he did. You have zero knowledge hence your response.
Man, stop...
You're just welcoming more criticism to your takes by being an insufferable person who needs to disagree with each pick...

I would never consider myself draft savy, but let's just see, I have some faith in Veach and reid
[Reply]
RunKC 08:21 AM 04-29-2023
It blows my mind how dumb these GM’s are. In no way should a tackle that has excellent size, elite arm length (35 inches!), huge hands, very good athleticism and a proven track record on film of quality pass protection be available at the end of the 3rd rd.

Did I mention he was a 5 star recruit? Did I also mention he had the 4th best 10 yard split among all OL at the combine?

His tape at the Senior Bowl was excellent too. Goddamnit this was the best pick of the draft just purely based off value alone
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:23 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I really like the way Morris finishes blocks. Did anyone from the Chiefs say why they favored Morris over Jones?
No, but my guess is that Andy has tired of the huge, hulking, slow OT experiment and wanted to go back to his roots with the more athletic types outside. Taylor and Morris (and Niang, too, really) are more Reid prototypical OT's than Brown.

Jones is just OBJ but even bigger, and even slower to my eye. That's just my opinion and I'll be honest-I watched like 5 minutes of video on him before I was just like-Nah. We just let Brown walk. Don't need another.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:24 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I like what we’re (likely) going to be putting out there at both tackle spots as much or more than I did last year and think there’s room for growth on both sides (where OBJ probably not and Wylie felt like he was playing at the peak of his ability). That alone makes me feel a lot better and like the pick regardless of whether he beats Niang, etc out.
I like it WAY better, and I'm not even expecting Morris to start day one.

But I was never an OBJ fan, and I think I've made myself clear in my belief that Wylie blows goats.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:28 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It blows my mind how dumb these GM’s are. In no way should a tackle that has excellent size, elite arm length (35 inches!), huge hands, very good athleticism and a proven track record on film of quality pass protection be available at the end of the 3rd rd.

Did I mention he was a 5 star recruit? Did I also mention he had the 4th best 10 yard split among all OL at the combine?

His tape at the Senior Bowl was excellent too. Goddamnit this was the best pick of the draft just purely based off value alone
But he chose to prepare to play for the Chiefs rather than help Oklahoma win the SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl.

Clearly has a bad attitude!!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:32 AM 04-29-2023
Gay
Bolton
Humphrey
Looks like Karlaftis and McDuffie will be good as well.
Thornhill and Suanders were good picks.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:36 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Gay
Bolton
Humphrey
Speaks, CEH, and Niang are his only 3 clear busts.

All had pretty serious injuries early.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:47 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Gay
Bolton
Humphrey
Those picks have all been, so far, better than you would expect. Hardman and Nnadi could also be added as "meets expectations" type picks. Neither was a star, but they filled needed roles on 2 Super Bowl winners. (both more impactful in the first SB win than the second, obviously).
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:51 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Those picks have all been, so far, better than you would expect. Hardman and Nnadi could also be added as "meets expectations" type picks. Neither was a star, but they filled needed roles on 2 Super Bowl winners. (both more impactful in the first SB win than the second, obviously).
Back of the envelope, we had 12 R1-3 picks from 2018 to 2022.

9 wins in 12 picks is freaking outstanding.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 34
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up