ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 34
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:44 PM 04-28-2023
Great pick
[Reply]
BWillie 08:45 PM 04-28-2023
Doesn't look fat enough
[Reply]
staylor26 08:45 PM 04-28-2023
Nice. Niang, Tega-Wanogho, Morris.

There's a starting RT there somewhere. Maybe a swing tackle too.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 08:45 PM 04-28-2023
Not even Brittany will be able to touch Mahomes with this offensive line.
[Reply]
Iconic 08:45 PM 04-28-2023
in for a fattie to protect captain mahomes. this draft is now complete
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:45 PM 04-28-2023
Not who I expected once again with Dawand Jones on the board.

I like the looks of him but I wonder why we needed to trade up for him
[Reply]
Dante84 08:45 PM 04-28-2023

Wanya Morris can win the right tackle spot. Fantastic pick.

My favorite selection so far.

— Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
Dante84 08:46 PM 04-28-2023

Another one of our guys in KC! @wanyamorris64 is gonna be GOOD in KC!!!

— Duke Manyweather (@BigDuke50) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:46 PM 04-28-2023
Hmmm....

Can't say I'm a huge fan of that one. I feel like Morris has been on their radar most of the draft season but I just don't see a lot of 'there' there. Feels more like a 4th rounder to me and I think I see at least 3 OL on the board right now I like more.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:46 PM 04-28-2023
Dane Brugler scouting report:

Originally Posted by :
STRENGTHS: Exceptional size and athleticism ... above-average arm length and one of the longest wingspans of any prospect in the class ... quick out of his stance and moves well to get into position ... above-average body control in his pass sets, bending his knees and extending his reach to mirror rushers ... shifts his weight well to recover after initially overextending himself ... flashes natural shock in his hands when his punch is on schedule ... looks to finish with physicality ... uses his lateral agility in the run game to reach three-techniques and execute on the move ... rangy puller with good vision to find his fit ... has starting experience at both left and right tackle.

WEAKNESSES: Continuous leverage problems ... his base narrows versus power, negating his anchor ... uses a giant hop back when attempting to settle bull rushers, constricting the pocket ... his punch is often tardy or wide, leaving his hands outside the blocker’s frame ... rushers are able to set him up and he struggles to stay balanced versus rush sequencing ... inconsistent body balance after contact ... needs to rely more on his body to shield run lanes ... suffered a partially torn labrum in his hip in high school and had surgery following his freshman season at Tennessee (January 2020); left the TCU game and his left arm was in a sling postgame (October 2020); suffered a grade 2 right hamstring injury when running the 40-yard dash at the combine (March 2023) ... NFL teams will examine his minor off-field incidents: was named as the defendant in a small-claims dispute after he was evicted from his apartment (August 2022); was caught on camera punching a field- storming TCU fan after a game (October 2022); served a two-game suspension to start the 2022 season (academics).

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Oklahoma, Morris lined up at right tackle in offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby’s up-tempo, RPO-based scheme. A former five-star recruit and left tackle at Tennessee, he served as Anton Harrison’s backup at left tackle in 2021 before becoming the starter on the right side in 2022. An above- average athlete for his size, Morris displays outstanding body control and weight distribution in his movements (both pass sets and run blocking). However, his rhythm starts to fall apart at contact because his upper and lower halves are often doing two different things at the same time, leaving him off-balance. Overall, Morris has NFL starting talent with his frame, length and athletic traits, but he looks like a completely different player when his leverage and technique fall apart. If he learns to become more fundamentally sound, he can lock down a swing tackle role in the NFL and eventually become a starter.

[Reply]
Skyy God 08:47 PM 04-28-2023
Former 5 star.

Nice athlete.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:47 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nice. Niang, Tega-Wanogho, Morris.

There's a starting RT there somewhere. Maybe a swing tackle too.
Man I told you!

I told you Morris over Freeland in one of your last projections lol
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:47 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

I think Reid may be done with the lumbering giants at tackle on this offense
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:47 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Dawand Jones would be a shitty fit and that's why you don't make the picks
[Reply]
Page 1 of 34
1 234511 > Last »
Up