ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>Succession Season 4 Thread
staylor26 08:55 PM 03-26-2023
No thread for the final season of the best show still running?

First episode was fantastic. I have zero doubt this is going out with a bang.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:43 PM 05-28-2023
Perfect ending for the show. Exactly in line with the back and forth that's gone on the entire time.

The kitchen scene at their mom's house was epic. I can only imagine how much fun they had filming that. Almost seemed like they jumped out of character to just relish the brilliance of the show.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:21 PM 05-28-2023
Fuck you Shiv!!!

Great finale :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:16 PM 05-28-2023
Awesome.

I honestly didn’t think it would be Tom but it makes the most sense. I thought some stuff. But I’m an idiot and these guys are fucking brilliant and this is the only way.

In the post discussion Mark Mylod talked about if it is truly a good drama it is inevitable, and this was. Just like every damn thing else, it was fucking on point. Not a feel good ending but the ending the story deserved.

There was some profound filmmaking in there.

Standing ovation.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:39 PM 05-28-2023
Shiv's a petty vindictive bitch
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:42 PM 05-28-2023
Rome put it best. They're all bullshit
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:46 AM 05-29-2023
Someone pointed out that Bill Wambsgans is a baseball player who had the only unassisted triple play in World Series history…could have been foreshadowing to Tom taking out all 3 Roy kids.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:14 AM 05-29-2023
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Rome put it best. They're all bullshit
He was only echoing Logan "I love you, but you're not serious people."
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:16 AM 05-29-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Shiv's a petty vindictive bitch
They are all petty vindictive bitches.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:43 AM 06-04-2023
Great show but ending was meh
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:49 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
It seems like they're setting up possible spinoff because there are a lot of loose ends that needs to be fleshed out.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:16 PM 06-04-2023
I think the majority of people have very unrealistic expectation for series finales.

That, while maybe not the very best, was easily one of the better series finales.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:19 PM 06-04-2023
What would make it better?

There was some really beautiful symmetry in there with the "we're bullshit"/"You're not serious people" stuff. The ending fit each player. They spent 4 seasons with each kid getting their shit pushed in every time they tried to do something. The only one with sustained success was Tom as a pure fucking ass kisser/bullet taker/do whatever at any cost bullshiter. And Mattson indicated that he wanted that.

There was incredible art in the dialogue and filmwork.

Personally I think it's one of the better endings ever. Certainly better than the Wire and certainly the schlock ending of GOT. There is an argument for Sopranos, but this is certainly less controversial an ending. Tighter than Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul.

I'm just not sure what could be better. I'm also a fucking Dolt, so there's that.

Educate me.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:35 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

There was some really beautiful symmetry in there with the "we're bullshit"/"You're not serious people" stuff. The ending fit each player. They spent 4 seasons with each kid getting their shit pushed in every time they tried to do something. The only one with sustained success was Tom as a pure ****ing ass kisser/bullet taker/do whatever at any cost bullshiter. And Mattson indicated that he wanted that.

Personally I think it's one of the better endings ever. Certainly better than the Wire and certainly the schlock ending of GOT. There is an argument for Sopranos, but this is certainly less controversial an ending. Tighter than Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul.

I'm just not sure what could be better. I'm also a ****ing Dolt, so there's that.

Educate me.
I loved the part with Tom and Shiv in the car. Shiv made the best decision for herself in the long run but I think she's essentially become her mother. I really thought Roman would turn the corner this season but he just always melted in the spotlight. And then the spotlight was gone and he seemed truly happy. Kendall of course wants the spotlight, gets it and then imploded like he always does.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:36 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

There was some really beautiful symmetry in there with the "we're bullshit"/"You're not serious people" stuff. The ending fit each player. They spent 4 seasons with each kid getting their shit pushed in every time they tried to do something. The only one with sustained success was Tom as a pure ****ing ass kisser/bullet taker/do whatever at any cost bullshiter. And Mattson indicated that he wanted that.

I'm just not sure what could be better. I'm also a ****ing Dolt, so there's that.

Educate me.
I'm with you. Then again, I haven't elevated this show as the greatest of all because I was interested in where the threads were leading.
[Reply]
Cheater5 06:11 PM 06-04-2023
Someone brought this to my attention a few days ago— the link between Berryman’s poem Dream Song 29 and Succesion.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/connect...rymans-poetry/

https://www.gq.com/story/succession-...-dream-poem-29
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up