ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Diablo 4
BleedingRed 09:52 AM 03-20-2023

So I played it this weekend, and was honestly really impressed. What they have effectively done is taken "Lost Ark" and put a Diablo skin on it and provided much better gear customization.

Graphics are great, work bosses fun.. Need to work on a few items, but for open beta is getting great reviews.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:31 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
kinda looking forward to it but I still expect it to be pretty meh after about a month. The first month when it's new it will feel good but will it have that longevity that I want in a game like this? we'll see. I'm not a fan of battle passes in paid for games with no way to earn the in game currency and I'm not paying $20 more to get it 3 or 4 days early either, just out of principle.
Kinda the same for me but we also have POE and Last Epoch to keep us busy as well as a lot of other games that look great due out this year.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:38 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

So I played it this weekend, and was honestly really impressed. What they have effectively done is taken "Lost Ark" and put a Diablo skin on it and provided much better gear customization.

Graphics are great, work bosses fun.. Need to work on a few items, but for open beta is getting great reviews.
Very diabloish, but learned from Lost Ark for the bossfights, and the shared kind of open scaled world.

Shit worked great
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:26 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Very diabloish, but learned from Lost Ark for the bossfights, and the shared kind of open scaled world.

Shit worked great
Why not take a great model, the thing Lost Ark failed at was lore/endgame/itemization (Real Money transactions)

Diablo knocks two of those issues out the window off the bat. I does a good job imitating the Lost Ark combat feel. (Still believe lost ark does combat the best ever)

The End game is up for debate, but I’m excited in the direction Blizzard chose to take the franchise. I still dream of the day there is either a WoW 2.0 or a Diablo MMO.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:13 PM 03-24-2023
Detox wanna play this tonight without pants on with me?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:20 PM 03-24-2023
Why not take a great model, the thing Lost Ark failed at was lore/endgame/itemization (Real Money transactions)

Diablo knocks two of those issues out the window off the bat. I does a good job imitating the Lost Ark combat feel. (Still believe lost ark does combat the best ever)

The End game is up for debate, but I’m excited in the direction Blizzard chose to take the franchise. I still dream of the day there is either a WoW 2.0 or a Diablo MMO.
Ya Lost Arks itemization sucked, I don't like games that don't have item drops while you're playing. I also didn't like how everything at the endgame was raids, not a huge fan of not being able to solo stuff. I'm frustrated with Last Epochs endgame right now so I might give the beta a go this weekend. I'm sure I'll preorder and play it 4 days early on the mid tier version.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:27 PM 03-24-2023
Detox wanna play this tonight without pants on with me?
Hahaha

Imma be playing with the wife tonight. Gonna lock ourselves in the room. We're gonna cross platform that shit. Her on PC and me on PS4. Gonna lock up and toke out.
[Reply]
Bump 08:12 PM 03-24-2023
lol I downloaded the open beta earlier today, waited in a 30 min que and DC'd after 5 minutes and then had to wait in another 30 min que for another 5 minutes of playing.

Turned it off for several hours, come back, 40 minute que for what I'm going to assume will last 5 minutes of playtime.

edit: that 40 minute que resulted in zero minutes of playtime before an error.

lol this is just pathetic, deleted.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:22 PM 03-25-2023
Had no issues getting online to play. Game is certainly not finished though.

Feels better than D3 ever did but I'm gonna wait about 6 months or so to pick it up.

Necro is a very overpowered job.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:38 PM 03-27-2023

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:46 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I actually started with 3, having never played 1 or 2.....and I really enjoyed 3 without having any context of 1 or 2.

I did go back and play/finish 2, and enjoyed it as well.

I'll be in for 4, but I have a ton of games right now that are on my list to play, so it's tough, especially with RE4 remake coming this week.
Played a ton of D1. Was in a pretty high ranking guild and played/helped develop a lot of mods. It was tons of fun for a while.

Played a ton of D2. Probably spent the most hours playing that of any game ever, and I spent over 900 hours on Dragon Inquisition when it was all said and done. Brilliant game.

Played a bit of D3. The only way I could get into it was playing couch coop with my daughter. I don't know what it was but it just didn't draw me in at tall. I never did even make it to the end-game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:53 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Played a ton of D1. Was in a pretty high ranking guild and played/helped develop a lot of mods. It was tons of fun for a while.

Played a ton of D2. Probably spent the most hours playing that of any game ever, and I spent over 900 hours on Dragon Inquisition when it was all said and done. Brilliant game.

Played a bit of D3. The only way I could get into it was playing couch coop with my daughter. I don't know what it was but it just didn't draw me in at tall. I never did even make it to the end-game.
I played D1 the day it came out was blown away..woah

Played D2 about 10 years so ya the most....Hung out on *cough* Blizzhackers a lot did some fun kinda hacky things :-)

Played D3 and stopped after a month, came back for the 1st expansion played a lot for a couple weeks at a time for each season and go back for a week or so some seasons but not much.

Playing Last Epoch which reminds me most of Diablo 2 of anything and will play D4 on release and probably like it more than 3 and not as much as 2. We shall see.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:57 PM 03-27-2023
Kinda bummed, didn't really get to play this much. Had a crazy eventful weekend.

Had that SDSU Sweet 16 game on Friday.

Then on Saturday: Haircuts, prepped the backyard for concrete, went to the park and played some hoops, partied and watched the Plant vs Benavidez fight later that night.

Sunday: SDSU Elite 8 game, got nice and drunk with the homies for that. Attended a funeral...a cholo funeral so a brawl almost broke out of course because drunk vatos mourning = drama. Then i welcomed in a new baby niece who was born that day, then we watched Cocaine Bear.

Left pretty much no time at all for D4, and im kinda salty about it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:58 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Kinda bummed, didn't really get to play this much. Had a crazy eventful weekend.

Had that SDSU Sweet 16 game on Friday.

Then on Saturday: Haircuts, prepped the backyard for concrete, went to the park and played some hoops, partied and watched the Plant vs Benavidez fight later that night.

Sunday: SDSU Elite 8 game, got nice and drunk with the homies for that. Attended a funeral...a cholo funeral so a brawl almost broke out of course because drunk vatos mourning = drama. Then i welcomed in a new baby niece who was born that day, then we watched Cocaine Bear.

Left pretty much no time at all for D4, and im kinda salty about it.
Meh it's a beta, just wait for full release it's not like you're not playing it. :-)
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:25 AM 03-28-2023
They literally said they had those huge queue's etc so they could test it out for launch. They warned everyone ahead of time and said that was going to happen. No one should have been surprised. They even had a warning when you open the game up saying there was long wait times. They did this to prevent it from happening on launch.

But yeah, go ahead and delete it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:26 AM 03-28-2023
Even without playing the beta...I'll probably end up getting it at launch.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up