ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>Ant-Man & Wasp: Quantumania ( 2023)
Tribal Warfare 04:49 PM 10-25-2022

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:00 AM 05-25-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't think it's fatigue, they lost their heavy hitters and didn't replace them. Like it or not they lost Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans.

The new Captain America movie is being shot right now and should be good since Anthony Mackie is the best actor they have left. But the real issues came when Hemsworth decided to stick around but noticeably enjoys doing the more comedy driven Thor as he flat out said if had continued like the first 2 he was out.

The biggest thing though is Chadwick Boseman dying just hurt them like hell, he was suppose to be the torch carrying character that bridged the gap and well that's gone now.

So we're stuck with secondary characters trying to carry the mantle. They desperately have to get to X-Men and fantastic 4 because right now they have no heavy hitters.
If they go through with the rumor about who they are casting for Thing (Mila Kunis), Fantastic 4 is going to likely be yet another dud.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:07 AM 05-25-2023
I don't think it's fatigue, they lost their heavy hitters and didn't replace them. Like it or not they lost Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans.

The new Captain America movie is being shot right now and should be good since Anthony Mackie is the best actor they have left. But the real issues came when Hemsworth decided to stick around but noticeably enjoys doing the more comedy driven Thor as he flat out said if had continued like the first 2 he was out.

The biggest thing though is Chadwick Boseman dying just hurt them like hell, he was suppose to be the torch carrying character that bridged the gap and well that's gone now.

So we're stuck with secondary characters trying to carry the mantle. They desperately have to get to X-Men and fantastic 4 because right now they have no heavy hitters.
It's mostly a quality issue for me. It's not as if Chris Evans, Chris Hensworth, or Chris Pratt were a household name prior to their movies. They just happened to star in quality flicks that pleased the masses. Phase 4 movies have largely stunk aside from Spiderman and probably Guardians 3 (which I will finally get to see this weekend).
[Reply]
Bowser 08:42 AM 05-25-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
If they go through with the rumor about who they are casting for Thing (Mila Kunis), Fantastic 4 is going to likely be yet another dud.
Sounds like that rumor is false? I sincerely hope that it is false.

https://www.joblo.com/fantastic-four...nis-the-thing/
[Reply]
Mecca 09:01 AM 05-25-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
It's mostly a quality issue for me. It's not as if Chris Evans, Chris Hensworth, or Chris Pratt were a household name prior to their movies. They just happened to star in quality flicks that pleased the masses. Phase 4 movies have largely stunk aside from Spiderman and probably Guardians 3 (which I will finally get to see this weekend).
It wasn't even so much the actors, they lost the characters. Thor and Captain America are huge characters in Marvel.

They are 100% into their eh whatever characters at this point...No one cares about the fuckin eternals and antman is a secondary character at best.

They have essentially ran through,

Captain America, even though that'll get the reboot with Falcon and should still be at worst a solid franchise
Iron Man
Thor is now at 4 movies even though he's still around
Guardians of the Galaxy
Spiderman
Ant-Man who somehow got 3 movies
Black Panther-outside circumstances

This is why until they get to X-Men and Fantastic 4 they have nothing left, I mean they could do planet Hulk I guess but they apparently don't think that's a sell as a movie. They have really torn through basically all of their heavy hitters to the point that there is nothing left or the actor is moving on. I mean shit they're remaking Blade.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:50 AM 05-25-2023
It just comes down to greed, oversaturation and trying to tie every single movie together while slow playing the overarching plot.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:36 AM 05-25-2023
I have to disagree on them stalling due to featuring “no one gives a shit” characters.

Absolutely no one gave two shits about the Guardians of the Galaxy prior to the MCU knocking those movies out of the park. Iron Man, Thor and Captain America were big names in Marvel comics but didn’t have the popularity of Spider-Man, Hulk, or Wolverine to casual fans until they aced the Infinity Saga.

They just need to make quality movies then people will start to care about the characters.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:42 AM 05-25-2023
Yep. Guardians of the Galaxy were in that C to D tier of comic book heroes before the Infinity Saga.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:47 AM 05-25-2023
And, yeah, they still do have some heavy hitters still left on the books. The people are fiending for good MCU versions of the X-Men, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Blade and Fantastic Four. They’ve got some juice still left to squeeze with Black Bolt, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Daredevil. Silver Surfer is still in the bag. Beta Ray Bill, Hercules, Molecule Man, Sentry.

That’s not even including the crazy A-list villains they can still work with! Doom, Galactus, Apocalypse, Magneto, Phoenix Force, Kingpin, Venom, Carnage.

We’ll find out over the next 15 years or so whether superhero fatigue is legit or not because they’ve got a LOT left to work with.
[Reply]
Fish 10:54 AM 05-25-2023
It wasn't even so much the actors, they lost the characters. Thor and Captain America are huge characters in Marvel.

They are 100% into their eh whatever characters at this point...No one cares about the fuckin eternals and antman is a secondary character at best.

They have essentially ran through,

Captain America, even though that'll get the reboot with Falcon and should still be at worst a solid franchise
Iron Man
Thor is now at 4 movies even though he's still around
Guardians of the Galaxy
Spiderman
Ant-Man who somehow got 3 movies
Black Panther-outside circumstances

This is why until they get to X-Men and Fantastic 4 they have nothing left, I mean they could do planet Hulk I guess but they apparently don't think that's a sell as a movie. They have really torn through basically all of their heavy hitters to the point that there is nothing left or the actor is moving on. I mean shit they're remaking Blade.
Pffft. There's countless characters they could turn into huge stars if they did it correctly.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:06 AM 05-25-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
And, yeah, they still do have some heavy hitters still left on the books. The people are fiending for good MCU versions of the X-Men, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Blade and Fantastic Four. They’ve got some juice still left to squeeze with Black Bolt, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Daredevil. Silver Surfer is still in the bag. Beta Ray Bill, Hercules, Molecule Man, Sentry.

That’s not even including the crazy A-list villains they can still work with! Doom, Galactus, Apocalypse, Magneto, Phoenix Force, Kingpin, Venom, Carnage.

We’ll find out over the next 15 years or so whether superhero fatigue is legit or not because they’ve got a LOT left to work with.
Right now Marvel really needs to break the glass and get Xmen rolling because that's their surest bet to right the ship. I promise no one gives a fuck about The Marvels and Thunderbolts.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:54 AM 05-25-2023
Yep, give me Fantastic Four and Xmen and I'll be there to see them in the theaters.

Secret Invasion (maybe)
Marvels (only if the reviews are amazing imo)
Echo (yawn)
Loki Season 2 (I'm there)
Ironheart (yawn)
Agatha: Coven of Chaos (you have my interest)
Daredevil: Born Again (I'm there)
Captain America: New World Order (meh, wait on reviews)
Thunderbolts (meh, wait on reviews)
Blade (I'm there)
Deadpool 3 (I'm there)

Coming up we have Fantastic Four, Iron Wars, Shang Chi 2, Spiderman 4, Avengers Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars, as well as Nova and Xmen. This is just a weak phase, coming off of Thanos' death you knew they weren't going to keep the momentum up, how can you replace the greatest villain? Blew their load too quickly and Kang is just not that interesting.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:55 AM 05-25-2023
They've absolutely made poor decisions in choosing what characters to be rocking with at the moment, like was said no one cares about the Marvels and there was no need for the Eternals movie either.

And yes they made something of Guardians of the Galaxy but to be real, that isn't gonna happen each and every time.

The current batch of "active" characters is not very awe inspiring is a big issue.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:18 PM 05-25-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Right now Marvel really needs to break the glass and get Xmen rolling because that's their surest bet to right the ship. I promise no one gives a fuck about The Marvels and Thunderbolts.
I don’t think they’re in “break in case of emergency” territory just yet but they are definitely going to want to get those A-lister properties rolling sooner than later.

Like Beauford said, we all had to expect a bit of a lull after the Infinity Saga. They had to reload.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:34 PM 05-25-2023
They just haven't been able to nail any of the villains like they did with Thanos.
[Reply]
luv 01:47 PM 05-25-2023
Finally watched this. Not really impressed...at all. Quite cheesy. Anyone know about the end credits seen about Loki? There were definitely references to the time lines, etc. Teaser for another season?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up