ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Media Center>Ant-Man & Wasp: Quantumania ( 2023)
Tribal Warfare 04:49 PM 10-25-2022

[Reply]
staylor26 04:36 PM 02-19-2023
Watched with my son today.

It wasn't bad, just mediocre, like everything since Endgame aside from No Way Home and the Loki show.

I just have no excitement for the MCU at this point.

Kang was dope, but
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Direckshun 12:25 PM 02-22-2023
I really enjoyed it, but I've long accepted some of the problems Marvel deals with.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:47 PM 02-22-2023
Haven't seen it yet. I may try a matinee soon. Listening to John Campea a movie guy I like he definitely think marvel has lost its magic lately. We always got banger after banger for a long period of time. Now we just hope it's really good to great. Hopefully GOTG is a banger and they slow it down some. Seems like way too much, too fast came out the last few years.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:44 AM 02-23-2023
Just watched it last night and I can confirm... it was indeed a movie. I don't have any massive complaints other than the green screen was really good sometimes and really bad at others. I don't really have anything positive to say about the movie either other than Paul Rudd is great and I'm willing to watch him in pretty much anything.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:16 PM 02-23-2023
Overboard hate for the movie.

It's Ant Man. I'm not sure what folks are expecting. It's easily as good as the first, and better than the second.

People crying over Kang need to understand that it's one variant of Kang, not the Kang that will eventually be the big bad.

It's a movie based on a comic book series. Some pretty outrageous shit is gonna be in there. Teenage geniuses are not a rare thing with Marvel, so Cassie building the transmitter being complained over is pretty funny.

I took my kids to see it. Had a good time with it just watching it instead of looking for shit to bitch about.

I think I saw that Wasps hairstyle was even a point of contention lol.

I think dunking on Marvel has just become so commonplace now, people just wait for the next movie to have a fresh bitch session.

I went in expecting a dumpster fire, and it was quite the opposite.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:17 PM 02-23-2023

It's Ant Man. I'm not sure what folks are expecting. It's easily as good as the first, and better than the second.

People crying over Kang need to understand that it's one variant of Kang, not the Kang that will eventually be the big bad.

It's a movie based on a comic book series. Some pretty outrageous shit is gonna be in there. Teenage geniuses are not a rare thing with Marvel, so Cassie building the transmitter being complained over is pretty funny.

I took my kids to see it. Had a good time with it just watching it instead of looking for shit to bitch about.

I think dunking on Marvel has just become so commonplace now, people just wait for the next movie to have a fresh bitch session.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:39 PM 02-23-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

I like hearing this.

I'll watch it when it lands on Disney plus.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:15 PM 02-23-2023
:-) TBF, I think the Wasps hairstyle is more of a meme as to why Marvel insists on having Evangeline Lily have such weird hairstyles.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:04 AM 02-25-2023
Rumors of an 80% drop 2nd weekend would be a bomb.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:54 PM 02-25-2023
I don't usually watch ant-based movies but I'm hearing amazing things about this film. The dialogue is being called possibly the best ever brought to the silver screen. Can't wait to see this!

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:16 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by :
A Marvel movie is losing gravity in its second weekend atop the box office, with Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania clocking the worst second frame drop ever for an MCU title at -70% to -72%. That’s while two lower-budgeted releases outstrip their projections...

...Those tepid audience exits and B CinemaScore are certainly impacting Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. The second weekend drop here for Ant-Man 3 beats that of Ang Lee’s Hulk (-69.7%), Black Widow (-67.8% which was schackled by a theatrical day-and-date release) and Thor: Love and Thunder‘s -67.7%). The movie is expected to do $30M-$32M this weekend. One could say, ‘Hey, Marvel, gotta make ’em better’, but this Ant-Man threequel saw the best opening ever, and the severe plummet here indicates front-loaded business. That said, there’s no want-to-see for repeat viewing...

‘Quantumania’ Worst Drop For A Marvel Movie, ‘Cocaine Bear’ Very High On $21M & ‘Jesus Revolution’ Praises $14M+ – Saturday Box Office
[Reply]
DCTwister 02:50 PM 02-25-2023
My teenage son went to see Antman last night. I’d say we are reasonably big fans of the MCU. He said it was nearly unwatchable. CGI was on the level of the Phantom Menace (and that is meant as a very serious insult as you might guess).

I’ll keep my money and watch it for free on Disney+ in a few months.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:10 PM 02-25-2023
I thought it was a good movie. Not great or anything but easily watchable. Kang was a good villain. MODOK was pretty funny.

Jonathan Majors as Kang was great. I had never heard of that guy until I watched The Harder They Fall on Netflix, which I really liked and he was also great in, but now he's in this movie and Creed 3 next week. He's got a good career going now.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:19 AM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
The first half I was bored. Then Kang comes in and the second half of the movie I was entertained. It’s just a weird movie, but overall it was good.

Spoiler!

This.

That's how I thought the movie was gonna end to be honest. Would've been better. Movie was still pretty good and Majors was a great villian. He sold it well and seemed extremely powerful.

Which makes the ending.... alittle far fetched not to ruin spoilers. Ruined the whole thing for me...even more so the XT part...dumbness
[Reply]
BWillie 05:47 PM 03-07-2023
Is everyone in this thread under 25 or all have kids under 12?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up