ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Media Center>Ant-Man & Wasp: Quantumania ( 2023)
Tribal Warfare 04:49 PM 10-25-2022

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:08 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
Endgame put a bow on the MCU for me.

I tried to give the post-Endgame MCU a run and....nah, I'm good.
I looked up Phase 4 and realized that I didn't even watch most of it. I saw pretty much everything up to and including End Game.

Outside of Thor: Love and Thunder I didn't hate any of what I watched but there was a lot of stuff that was just OK.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 11:59 AM 02-15-2023
So after reading reviews it makes sense why they are trying to lure RDJ back. What a shame. Still have high hopes for Guardians. But this is getting bad
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:59 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I looked up Phase 4 and realized that I didn't even watch most of it. I saw pretty much everything up to and including End Game.

Outside of Thor: Love and Thunder I didn't hate any of what I watched but there was a lot of stuff that was just OK.
I liked Eternals (I'm sure I'm a minority) and Wakanda Forever minus it's star. Thor was very disappointing especially coming off Ragnarok. I also thought the Strange movie was ok. I'm hoping GOTG is great especially being the last one. I've enjoyed the shows but I've heard they will have fewer of those now and it sounds like Bob Chapek pushed them out quickly and it wasn't Feiges decision. I'm hoping this new phase ramps up after Ant-Man and becomes really good.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:01 PM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
So after reading reviews it makes sense why they are trying to lure RDJ back. What a shame. Still have high hopes for Guardians. But this is getting bad
I'm sure he'll come back at some point. I expect marvel to get this going hopefully soon. Antman is only the 2nd rotten movie. I'll still see it and decide for myself. Sounds like it's pretty nutty but the fun factor part seems to be what's hurting it
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:20 PM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
The problems began before the end of the Downey/Evans era, though, so I don't know how much bringing back RDJ is going to be able to do to reverse the decline.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:27 PM 02-16-2023
Was really disappointed with Endgame; time travel is lazy. The last Spider Man was good however that's just because I gained an appreciation for Garfield's characterization. The others were just sort of meh. Like the 2nd GOG, just like they are trying too hard instead of it just flowing. Must be why the DCEU is having so much trouble, Shazam was great because it didn't take itself too serious and the characters were relatable.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:20 PM 02-16-2023
If what I just read is true (I won't publish given the political nature of the site where I read it), this is going to be a problem movie for Disney/Marvel. And box office projections are already dropping:

Originally Posted by :
Box office projections for Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania have been lowered heading into its opening weekend. Domestically, the superhero threequel is expected to make between $95 million and $100 million in its first three days, according to Variety, with the number increasing to $110 million across the four-day extended President’s Day weekend. A couple of weeks ago, the film was tracking for a $120 million debut...
‘Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania’ Eyes $255 Million Debut at the Global Box Office
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:24 PM 02-16-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
If what I just read is true (I won't publish given the political nature of the site where I read it), this is going to be a problem movie for Disney/Marvel. And box office projections are already dropping:

‘Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania’ Eyes $255 Million Debut at the Global Box Office
All I keep reading is that it has good post credits and majors is great as Kang and sets up a great villain. Other than that it's not as fun of a movie. Even guys I follow for reviews that like similar stuff as me seem to say they won't watch it again. Said only positives above. Seems like the movie itself is a big disappointment.
[Reply]
Spott 11:25 PM 02-17-2023
I definitely enjoyed this movie. Not sure why all the reviews weren’t as good. Make sure and watch both post credit scenes.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:44 PM 02-18-2023
I thought this was the best since endgame.

Way better than Thor or Dr strange last movies.
[Reply]
srvy 08:00 PM 02-18-2023
My son and daughter really wanted to see it so I took them this afternoon. They really enjoyed it and so did I. That inner world they created was amazing along with all the different species. Definitely stay for the post credits! I also do not understand the poor early reviews
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:10 AM 02-19-2023
The first half I was bored. Then Kang comes in and the second half of the movie I was entertained. It’s just a weird movie, but overall it was good.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:46 AM 02-19-2023
Was the CGI purposefully wonky or something? Some of the shit in this movie just looked off.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:00 AM 02-19-2023
I liked it. Sure, it started slow. But they are building this wave all around Kang. He’s supposedly worse than Thanos. I usually don’t put too much weight into reviews, because I don’t.
The real issue is none of the new will be like the old. And of course the time travel aspect is lazy, but it gives every single player an out.

Bring it!!!

On a side note, the actor that portrays Kang—he’s good. Like really really good!!
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:28 AM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's gotten way too cartoonish.
Weird shit for stuff that started as a cartoon.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up