ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Media Center>Ted Lasso is a good show
BWillie 10:26 AM 09-04-2020
It's on Apple TV so that is kind of a pain in the ass. I always give a watch to the guys who grew up around here (Sudekis, Rudd, Cheadle etc)

A feel good show that is better than I thought, albeit a little corny.

Story: Likable and optimistic D2 football coach gets hired to coach Premier soccer team in England.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:10 AM 05-31-2023
Stayed up late to watch the finale. A rushed but decent enough final season. But the final two episodes were bbq sauce. Well done.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 12:28 AM 05-31-2023
So many Easter eggs and subtle, and not so subtle, throwbacks. In a vacuum, I can't give the episode a 10/10, yet some how, it all felt so perfect.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:28 AM 05-31-2023
So how much of that last montage was a dream? All of it? That possibility certainly allows them to continue it if they choose (with or without Ted).
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 01:51 AM 05-31-2023
Disappointing finale. Forced conclusions to all story lines. Weak effort.

Most notably they built Nate up to be the ultimate antagonist and then he ended up washing jerseys. The fuck out of here
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 01:53 AM 05-31-2023
And yeah it checked every woke box for max virtue signaling points. Season 1 was nails. It ends like Bud Light
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:51 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
So how much of that last montage was a dream? All of it? That possibility certainly allows them to continue it if they choose (with or without Ted).
I’m guessing there’s a spin-off called the Richmond way that features all the cast minus Beard and Ted. And a new cast of hopefully very hot womens characters on a women’s team run by keeley. That creates room for a lot of new storylines since they tried to close the loop on a lot of it.

I think the point of Teds final arc wasn’t that it was a dream. But that he’s satisfied and content to leave that world behind and devote his life to family. And the only way to do it is to cut the cord right off. Not unlike Michael Scott leaving The Office. I suspect it’s an ending for Ted that resonates with the Midwest but is confusing to a lot of big city folk
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:03 AM 05-31-2023
Also, very much guessing the ending implies that Nate will become the new assistant to Roy and that the Roy/Jamie/keeley and Rebecca/pilot arcs will be further explored. Even if these storylines were rushed to the finish they will likely get more depth in the inevitable spinoff.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:22 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I’m guessing there’s a spin-off called the Richmond way that features all the cast minus Beard and Ted. And a new cast of hopefully very hot womens characters on a women’s team run by keeley. That creates room for a lot of new storylines since they tried to close the loop on a lot of it.

I think the point of Teds final arc wasn’t that it was a dream. But that he’s satisfied and content to leave that world behind and devote his life to family. And the only way to do it is to cut the cord right off. Not unlike Michael Scott leaving The Office. I suspect it’s an ending for Ted that resonates with the Midwest but is confusing to a lot of big city folk
Him waking up on the plane after a long seemingly dream-like sequence involving the other characters (where he wasn't attending Beard's wedding?) would seem to suggest differently.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:31 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Disappointing finale. Forced conclusions to all story lines. Weak effort.

Most notably they built Nate up to be the ultimate antagonist and then he ended up washing jerseys. The **** out of here
I don't think the show did justice to a lot of character storylines this season, Nate certainly being one of them. They effectively skipped over all of his major choices and actions seemingly because they didn't have enough time to deal with them on screen before the season ended.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 11:23 AM 05-31-2023
Nice wrap-up to the series. They paid tribute to all the story lines, perhaps fleetingly to some of them.

The opening with Ted in Rebecca's house, and then Beard in a banana sling was hilarious.

This show has always been a rom-com, and it stayed true to that form. This last season, they were a bit gratuitous with run-time, but -heck- it is their story to tell.

It was a fun show.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:52 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
Nice wrap-up to the series. They paid tribute to all the story lines, perhaps fleetingly to some of them.

The opening with Ted in Rebecca's house, and then Beard in a banana sling was hilarious.

This show has always been a rom-com, and it stayed true to that form. This last season, they were a bit gratuitous with run-time, but -heck- it is their story to tell.

It was a fun show.
This.

Finding that Cat Stevens song at the end was victory enough.

Ended on a high note with some good episodes to finish the season. Some cringey stuff in there but it was a good run.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:13 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don't think the show did justice to a lot of character storylines this season, Nate certainly being one of them. They effectively skipped over all of his major choices and actions seemingly because they didn't have enough time to deal with them on screen before the season ended.
Generally prefer when series wrap up sooner vs later. Like how I met your mother dragged on way too long. That in mind on a whole they wrapped up quite a few storylines well. But they probably needed another season. I think they generally did a good job with nate but it needed another half season. And maybe he gets it with a spin-off. His arc isn’t that different from Rebecca’s and Jamie’s. A full season of being deplorable followed by a little over a season of redemption. I mean, I don’t think people really warmed up to new Jamie until this season.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:16 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Generally prefer when series wrap up sooner vs later. Like how I met your mother dragged on way too long. That in mind on a whole they wrapped up quite a few storylines well. But they probably needed another season. I think they generally did a good job with nate but it needed another half season. And maybe he gets it with a spin-off. His arc isn’t that different from Rebecca’s and Jamie’s. A full season of being deplorable followed by a little over a season of redemption. I mean, I don’t think people really warmed up to new Jamie until this season.
I agree with this in general. It is far better to do that than over stay your welcome.

I just think they opened up too many storylines in S2 that couldn't adequately be resolved in only one season. They did their best to do justice to every one of their characters they developed, but they just didn't have enough time (even with the ridiculous runtime of some of those episodes).
[Reply]
KC Hawks 08:47 PM 05-31-2023
Most unbelievable part was a direct flight from London to KC.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 09:08 PM 05-31-2023
OK...the part where the team did the "Goodbye, Farewell" song from The Sound of Music was gratuitous. And cringy.

But I still laughed.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up