ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 435
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:58 AM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Based on my impressions of the All-22, my inclination is to agree with Mr. Megatron96 on this subject.

I wish I knew the actual assignments ... but to me, it appears the issue we're having with the run game is primarily associated with linebacker play.

Additionally, we've only schemed up a few "games" with the DL so far this year (Daly's specialty) which causes me to believe the guys are still getting comfortable with the base calls and the overall scheme.

One ALL the defenders are able to grasp the system, we'll be able to play faster and more effectively across the board. And that includes Clark.

FAX
I thought we would see more games and stunts from Spags, but we just don't. I think that we are easy to block because we never really vary our attack at the LOS. Sure, Jones makes some plays, and we have run some safety blitzes that past couple of games, but when I watch the defensive line and front seven of other teams, they always seem to be more creative than we are.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:59 AM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Fellas, I just watched the coach's film of the Lions game, and watched the coach's film of the Ravens game again Saturday. Frank Clark doesn't suck. And neither does Spag's defense. There is an obvious method to what the defense is doing. They just need to tighten things up some more. But I think they might be visibly better by week 8 to 10. A lot depends on the linebacker play.

He's playing the assignment he's being given. In the Ravens game he was being asked to play contain a lot, and also basically clean up. It's obvious after viewing the film a couple times. He has a few plays where he's obviously free-lancing, but the rest of the time he's playing the scheme.

It's the same thing in the Lions game, although it's less about containment and more about keeping the RBs and Stafford to the inside of his position.

They also had him and Jones playing as decoys on several plays. They had both of then lined up on the same side several times where they both absorbed double teams, leaving everyone else singled up. At least twice this resulted in KPass or someone else quickly beating their man and nearly getting to Stafford.

Stafford twice threw perfect balls to Galladay. Elite-level passes. Not much you can do about that.

I do think that there might be an issue with Clark's wrist or elbow. A couple times during the Lions game you can see that he's either one-handing a blocker or just holding his hand in an odd position post-play.

Anyway, I'll make a more complete report when I get a chance in a couple days, maybe complete with video clips. But if you have access to NFL.com Game Pass and the coach's film option, check it out. Watch the Raiders game a couple times and then the Lions game. It's pretty obvious after a couple times through.
I find it hard to describe any defense that gives up 6 yards per carry as "does not suck."

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:14 AM 10-02-2019
Aaron Donald and JJ Watt have also had slow starts this season when it comes to sacks...so i'm not too concerned right now tbh. Judging Clark off the back of what our DL did last year is simply unfair..it was a perfect storm with Jones, Ford, Houston and Bailey all going on a rampage. They'd been together for years though so we've got to give these guys time to gel.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:16 AM 10-02-2019
For the record - THIS is the kind of attention an elite DE gets:

Triple-teaming Khalil Mack is the smartest thing you can do pic.twitter.com/8puuCSGelS

— Barstool Chicago (@barstoolchicago) September 29, 2019

Dude gets chipped by the TE, chipped by the RB AND double-teamed. He's impacts 4 !@#$ing players on that play.

THAT'S how elite players are treated. This 'he got chipped by the RB so he shouldn't be expected to accomplish anything' nonsense is hilarious. There was another play last week where he got doubled AND held and still got the sack.

All good players get attention - truly great ones get a ton of it and oftentimes still impact the play.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:29 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Ms?
You better buy me dinner first . . .
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:50 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Aaron Donald and JJ Watt have also had slow starts this season when it comes to sacks...so i'm not too concerned right now tbh. Judging Clark off the back of what our DL did last year is simply unfair..it was a perfect storm with Jones, Ford, Houston and Bailey all going on a rampage. They'd been together for years though so we've got to give these guys time to gel.
I can't speak for everyone.

I've defended him. I only judge him on the play-to-play impact he makes.

Which, right now, is minimal. He cost KC draft capital and a big chunk of the salary cap. As of right now, I'd like someone to explain how he's better than Justin ****ing Houston. Let alone Kalil Mack.

He has to be better. Anyone who disagrees has their head up their ****ing ass. Tell me if he finishes the season at this pace you'll be satisfied and I'll laugh at you.

He's on pace for under 40 tackles and 4 sacks. I'd like to think 20 ****ing million a year can buy more than THAT.

He NEEDS a big impact game. Soon.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:08 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I can't speak for everyone.

I've defended him. I only judge him on the play-to-play impact he makes.

Which, right now, is minimal. He cost KC draft capital and a big chunk of the salary cap. As of right now, I'd like someone to explain how he's better than Justin ****ing Houston. Let alone Kalil Mack.

He has to be better. Anyone who disagrees has their head up their ****ing ass. Tell me if he finishes the season at this pace you'll be satisfied and I'll laugh at you.

He's on pace for under 40 tackles and 4 sacks. I'd like to think 20 ****ing million a year can buy more than THAT.

He NEEDS a big impact game. Soon.
UR JUST OBSESSED WITH SAX!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:10 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
UR JUST OBSESSED WITH SAX!
Give me Frank Clark ****ing up an offensive passing game with constant pressure and 5 QB hits and 0 sacks. Just make an impact.

It's tired. 4 games is enough. My patience is waning. Pass rushers are streaky, I get it... but 4 games without a real 'impact' game? C'mon. Time to get going.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:12 PM 10-02-2019
Maybe we aren’t seeing all the stunts and defense playing up to it’s potential because it’s most of their first year playing together, and everyone’s first year with this coaching staff. Maybe it’s more vanilla at the moment.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:15 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
For the record - THIS is the kind of attention an elite DE gets:

Dude gets chipped by the TE, chipped by the RB AND double-teamed. He's impacts 4 !@#$ing players on that play.

THAT'S how elite players are treated. This 'he got chipped by the RB so he shouldn't be expected to accomplish anything' nonsense is hilarious. There was another play last week where he got doubled AND held and still got the sack.

All good players get attention - truly great ones get a ton of it and oftentimes still impact the play.
It was a mistake to bring Mack into the conversation (Clark is clearly and obviously not in his caliber, as is nearly nobody else) and I tried to warn against it.

I had expectations of Clark. I defended him. We're 1/4 through the season. He's not living up to my expectations.

Chris Jones gets more ****ing criticism on this site and he's double teamed WAY more often than Frank Clark AND he makes a much bigger impact.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:17 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Maybe we aren’t seeing all the stunts and defense playing up to it’s potential because it’s most of their first year playing together, and everyone’s first year with this coaching staff. Maybe it’s more vanilla at the moment.
Maybe excuses are like assholes.

They've had training camp, preseason, and now 4 games.

Time to get BETTER.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:23 PM 10-02-2019
King absolutely wrecked :-)
[Reply]
mcaj22 08:35 PM 10-02-2019
Fellas, I just watched the coach's film of the Lions game, and watched the coach's film of the Ravens game again Saturday. Frank Clark doesn't suck. And neither does Spag's defense. There is an obvious method to what the defense is doing. They just need to tighten things up some more. But I think they might be visibly better by week 8 to 10. A lot depends on the linebacker play.

He's playing the assignment he's being given. In the Ravens game he was being asked to play contain a lot, and also basically clean up. It's obvious after viewing the film a couple times. He has a few plays where he's obviously free-lancing, but the rest of the time he's playing the scheme.
100 million dollars for a DE to play contain or within the scheme? You can get a third rounder to do that. Thats a complete failure from front office standpoint.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:44 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
100 million dollars for a DE to play contain or within the scheme? You can get a third rounder to do that. Thats a complete failure from front office standpoint.
If that's all they have him do this season I would totally agree with you. But obviously, they know he's far too talented for that. And too expensive.

So they must have a plan. I just don't know what it is yet. All I do know is that Spags and Daly are having him play inside this scheme for what looks like the majority of the game. For now.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:16 PM 10-02-2019
And there it was.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 435
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Up