ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 352 of 435
« First < 252302342348349350351352 353354355356362402 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:16 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Frank Clark has the highest workout bonus of any player in the league and is a no show for this week’s OTA’s.

Yes they are voluntary, but the Chiefs had 90%+ participation.

Jesus Christ, I'd (try to) mouth rape a rabid mountain lion for $1.25 million.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:18 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Workout bonus doesn't have an effect on the salary cap if I'm remembering correctly.
I don't think that can possibly be correct, otherwise teams would just put massive workout bonuses into contracts instead of paying signing or roster bonuses.

Either way, if the guy couldn't bother showing up for an extra $1.25 million, he obviously has way too much money or just doesn't care. Probably both.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:23 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I don't think that can possibly be correct, otherwise teams would just put massive workout bonuses into contracts instead of paying signing or roster bonuses.

Either way, if the guy couldn't bother showing up for an extra $1.25 million, he obviously has way too much money or just doesn't care. Probably both.
I can never keep straight what exact bonuses effect the cap and which one's don't. So, I could be wrong :-) I know there are ways to manipulate it, but I'm no guru for sure. But, I completely agree about him not showing up. Basically a free $1.25m... shit I'd do a lot of questionable things for that kind of money. But I also didn't sign a $100M contract 3 years ago either
[Reply]
Coogs 02:44 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Translation: this is a contract year and if you want to make decent money on your next team in 2023 you best play your ass off this year.

Cullen sort of said Chris Jones has not been at OTA’s either. Said he has been in contact with Jones and Clark, and is looking forward to working with them.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:51 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
I can never keep straight what exact bonuses effect the cap and which one's don't. So, I could be wrong :-) I know there are ways to manipulate it, but I'm no guru for sure. But, I completely agree about him not showing up. Basically a free $1.25m... shit I'd do a lot of questionable things for that kind of money. But I also didn't sign a $100M contract 3 years ago either
Unlikely to be earned incentives don't count in the current year. If earned, they hit next year's cap. Everything else does.

As for workout bonuses, the team has to carry a workout bonus per roster slot and they adjust it up or down as earned/not earned (and dependent on the actual value) during TC for a cumulative charge against the cap
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:54 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Translation: this is a contract year and if you want to make decent money on your next team in 2023 you best play your ass off this year.

Last year was a contract year for that turd Clark. The dude just doesn't have the juice anymore.

And this Tweet is just peak offseason bullshit. I love Chris Jones but Aaron Donald is still in the league.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:17 PM 06-02-2022
Wait - he didn’t show up to OTAs?!?

Thank god we gave this guy an additional $8 million instead of just cutting his ass loose like we should have.

What a worthless puddle of fuck.
[Reply]
threebag 05:32 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wait - he didn’t show up to OTAs?!?

Thank god we gave this guy an additional $8 million instead of just cutting his ass loose like we should have.

What a worthless puddle of fuck.
This is my camp right here. Watching F. Clark play part time and never do shit to contain a run sucked ass.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:03 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Cullen sort of said Chris Jones has not been at OTA’s either. Said he has been in contact with Jones and Clark, and is looking forward to working with them.
The fact though the Chiefs gave Frank Clark the highest workout bonus incentive of any player in the NFL… presumably to aggressively motivate him to participate in their OTA’s… and he still decides not to show up while 90%+ of his team mates have been in attendance?

That’s weak.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:10 PM 06-02-2022
FWIW, there were some videos of Clark working out on IG, and he was in noticeably better shape than he’s been in some time.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:27 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
FWIW, there were some videos of Clark working out on IG, and he was in noticeably better shape than he’s been in some time.
I’ve seen a couple of these. I’m not holding out hope but he does look noticeably leaner in those videos. Dude was a tub of shit last season in comparison.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:28 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I’ve seen a couple of these. I’m not holding out hope but he does look noticeably leaner in those videos. Dude was a tub of shit last season in comparison.
Exactly. Dude looked ripped.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:53 PM 06-02-2022
I remember reading how he got in front of the team halfway into the Super Bowl year and said he was going to go on a tear the rest of the year. From that point, he did exactly that. Reporting at the time was that he was healthy. Who knows?…maybe he’s healthy now and is about to have a big year. Sure would be nice to see because the Frank Clark from the second half on paired with GK is a really good set of ends. Especially with CJ killing IOLs.

Hearing about him not being at voluntary practices is definitely concerning.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:56 PM 06-02-2022
Fuck Frank Clark. I can't believe we didn't just let him go
[Reply]
BossChief 07:08 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Fuck Frank Clark. I can't believe we didn't just let him go
Same here.

I’m in “hope for the best” mode.
[Reply]
Page 352 of 435
« First < 252302342348349350351352 353354355356362402 > Last »