ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 318 of 435
« First < 218268308314315316317318 319320321322328368418 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:54 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Gotta love our team leader Mathieu making a business decision.

He probably threw his hands up and blamed someone else to boot…
Has he thrown any more temper tantrums on Twitter?
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:37 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Where TF was Mathieu going on that play?
He very clearly thought that the RB had gotten the ball. He's going to meet him in the hole and realizes Allen still has it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10-12-2021, 11:44 PM
This message has been deleted by suzzer99.
suzzer99 11:50 PM 10-12-2021
Thornhill is the only guy on that play who sped to the ball and seemed like he actually wanted to make a tackle.

But let's keep him benched for literally the worst-graded defensive player in the NFL.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:16 AM 10-13-2021
That was just a defense getting fucking worked. On every level. Too many times this year it's looked way too easy for the opposing offense.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:13 AM 10-13-2021
Danna is tiny. He got sealed off by the TE.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:22 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
That was just a defense getting ****ing worked. On every level. Too many times this year it's looked way too easy for the opposing offense.
His first game and he's taking plays off.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:59 AM 10-13-2021
Why the fuck did Allen slide. He wasn't gonna get hit hard and probably could have broke tackle after tackle and scored.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:54 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Danna is tiny. He got sealed off by the TE.
This is the point I keep making to the "Move Jones inside!!!" crowd.

Danna is NOT a 3-down DE. He's undersized and raw.

They need to be using him for maybe 25-30 snaps a game (and even that may be too many) as a guy who can come in with fresh legs on passing downs and maul his way into pressure.

You move Jones inside and you're stuck with 3-man DE rotation of Okafor, Clark and Danna - that just will not work. Those guys will get obliterated.

At this point the cake is baked - you have to leave Jones outside. Nnadi, Reed and Saunders need to pull their heads from their asses and play credible DT with Wharton as a rotational interior rusher.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:57 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Thornhill is the only guy on that play who sped to the ball and seemed like he actually wanted to make a tackle.

But let's keep him benched for literally the worst-graded defensive player in the NFL.
Thornhill had the best effort on the play and even HE was walking through the first couple of strides. It wasn't until he kinda trotted to the 40 that he actually turned on the speed.

When the best effort you get from your defense 3 plays into a prime time game at home against a chief rival is maybe a C- effort, it may be time to look at your coaching staff.

I just don't understand that play at all. I've watched it a couple dozen times now and EVERYONE is flat. I can't find a single person that seems to be playing at full tilt.

You would think raw pride would prevent some of that shit yet here we are...
[Reply]
JPH83 08:26 AM 10-13-2021
This is the point I keep making to the "Move Jones inside!!!" crowd.

Danna is NOT a 3-down DE. He's undersized and raw.

They need to be using him for maybe 25-30 snaps a game (and even that may be too many) as a guy who can come in with fresh legs on passing downs and maul his way into pressure.

You move Jones inside and you're stuck with 3-man DE rotation of Okafor, Clark and Danna - that just will not work. Those guys will get obliterated.

At this point the cake is baked - you have to leave Jones outside. Nnadi, Reed and Saunders need to pull their heads from their asses and play credible DT with Wharton as a rotational interior rusher.
I don't disagree but you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. I don't think you're getting anything but a disaster from Reed, Nnadi and Saunders at this point. We should be able to expect better, but we're not. At least with Jones at DT you can guarantee some pash rush from somewhere along the DL. We'll get murdered on the edge but at the moment we're poor all across the DL. They can run all over us or sit back and block us wherever and however they want.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:31 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I don't disagree but you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. I don't think you're getting anything but a disaster from Reed, Nnadi and Saunders at this point. We should be able to expect better, but we're not. At least with Jones at DT you can guarantee some pash rush from somewhere along the DL. We'll get murdered on the edge but at the moment we're poor all across the DL. They can run all over us or sit back and block us wherever and however they want.
You're resigning yourself to a 7 win season if you give up on Reed/Nnadi and Saunders, IMO.

The Chiefs are pot-committed here. And at least Reed and Nnadi have established themselves as good NFL players who should now be in their primes. There's nothing to indicate that those guys should just suck from now on.

For the Chiefs to be a SB team they need those two guys to hole the line inside while Jones works from the outside and Clark/Danna form a credible rotation on the other side. I just don't see another path to a decent front 4. And if you don't get that, your probably sunk anyway.

Moving Jones inside seems like a desperation play to get to 8-9 wins and in the process it takes the teams ceiling down. That's just not a move I'd be willing to make.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:38 AM 10-13-2021
You're resigning yourself to a 7 win season if you give up on Reed/Nnadi and Saunders, IMO.

The Chiefs are pot-committed here. And at least Reed and Nnadi have established themselves as good NFL players who should now be in their primes. There's nothing to indicate that those guys should just suck from now on.

For the Chiefs to be a SB team they need those two guys to hole the line inside while Jones works from the outside and Clark/Danna form a credible rotation on the other side. I just don't see another path to a decent front 4. And if you don't get that, your probably sunk anyway.

Moving Jones inside seems like a desperation play to get to 8-9 wins and in the process it takes the teams ceiling down. That's just not a move I'd be willing to make.
I think there was a lot from Reed's last two years that should have had way more people expecting what we're seeing. But agree re Nnadi and probably Saunders, the fall-off has been bizarre. Perhaps you're right then, if we can get back to average for those two with something not approaching a car-crash from Reed, maybe keep Jones at DE. I'm still unconvinced but can see the argument.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:00 AM 10-13-2021
Thornhill had the best effort on the play and even HE was walking through the first couple of strides. It wasn't until he kinda trotted to the 40 that he actually turned on the speed.

When the best effort you get from your defense 3 plays into a prime time game at home against a chief rival is maybe a C- effort, it may be time to look at your coaching staff.

I just don't understand that play at all. I've watched it a couple dozen times now and EVERYONE is flat. I can't find a single person that seems to be playing at full tilt.

Nnadi got some push on his guy, but he was in the position least likely to make a tackle of anyone.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:06 AM 10-13-2021

Thornhill has to be fed up with Spags at this point. He routinely watches Sorenson get roasted while he gets 20-25 snaps a game.
[Reply]
-King- 10:34 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Thornhill has to be fed up with Spags at this point. He routinely watches Sorenson get roasted while he gets 20-25 snaps a game.
If this keeps happening next few weeks I wouldn't be surprised to see him ask to be traded at the deadline.
[Reply]
Page 318 of 435
« First < 218268308314315316317318 319320321322328368418 > Last »
Up