ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 268 of 435
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278318368 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
-King- 02:08 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But we’re clearly talking about the difference in 2020 vs 2019, not just 2019.

Again, you’re being disingenuous by pretending that all we needed to do to win a SB in 2020 was replace Ford. It doesn’t fucking work like that and I know you know that.

This is exactly why you’re the worst. I swear you’re CP’s Toby.
When did I act like that? I was asked about 2018 specifically.

What's going on in your head :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 02:24 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
When did I act like that? I was asked about 2018 specifically.

What's going on in your head :-)
I meant 2018 vs 2019.

You keep saying that Dane was talking about 2018, but he was talking about 2018 vs. 2019.

The Chiefs rebuilt their entire defense, staff/personnel and culture. They couldn’t win in 2018 or 2019 just because of Mahomes. They needed the defense to be better, and without those improvements they probably would’ve lost again. The addition of Clark was one of the biggest reasons we won the SB. It’s that simple.

That’s what Dane clearly meant when he said they won in 2019 because of Clark. Not solely because of him like you tried to twist it, but it played a bigger role than you and Virus will admit. You guys think it’s as simple as replacing Houston’s statistical production with Clark’s, and you implied they just needed to replace Ford’s fuck up like that’s how it works. You completely missed the role Clark played in changing the attitude of this defense, which was absolutely needed considering how the Chiefs started all 3 games.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:31 PM 12-24-2020
I meant 2018 vs 2019.

You keep saying that Dane was talking about 2018, but he was talking about 2018 vs. 2019.
It’s not worth engaging posters like him dude. He’s not here to talk football. He’s here to rile up posters with his trolling. That’s his MO
[Reply]
-King- 02:47 PM 12-24-2020
I meant 2018 vs 2019.

The Chiefs rebuilt their entire defense, staff/personnel and culture. They couldn’t win in 2018 or 2019 just because of Mahomes. They needed the defense to be better, and without those improvements they probably would’ve lost again. The addition of Clark was one of the biggest reasons we won the SB. It’s that simple.

That’s what Dane clearly meant when he said they won in 2019 because of Clark. Not solely because of him like you tried to twist it, but it played a bigger role than you and Virus will admit. You guys think it’s as simple as replacing Houston’s statistical production with Clark’s, and you implied they just needed to replace Ford’s fuck up like that’s how it works. You completely missed the role Clark played in changing the attitude of this defense, which was absolutely needed considering how the Chiefs started all 3 games.
So you don't think if Ford doesn't like up offsides that game, the chiefs go on to win the superbowl? Cause I do.

Once again, they had dominated the Colts and were on the way to beating the Patriots 31-24 with 3 interceptions that game. And I believe they would have beat the rams in the Superbowl.

Ive already said that having Clark and having helped us win in the playoffs last year. For some reason, you keep ignoring that and keep trying to start shit.

If you think I'm just being a "contrarian faggot", just ignore me. Not that hard. There's even a button to do it.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:55 PM 12-24-2020
So you don't think if Ford doesn't like up offsides that game, the chiefs go on to win the superbowl? Cause I do.

Once again, they had dominated the Colts and were on the way to beating the Patriots 31-24 with 3 interceptions that game. And I believe they would have beat the rams in the Superbowl.

Ive already said that having Clark and having helped us win in the playoffs last year. For some reason, you keep ignoring that and keep trying to start shit.

If you think I'm just being a "contrarian bundle of sticks", just ignore me. Not that hard. There's even a button to do it.
Yea, but Ford lining up offsides was a microcosm of the issues on defense, which you clearly don’t understand when you say things like we would’ve been better off with Houston, or all Clark needed to do was be better than Ford and not fuck up.
[Reply]
-King- 02:59 PM 12-24-2020
Yea, but Ford lining up offsides was a microcosm of the issue on defense, which you clearly don’t understand when you say things like we would’ve been better off with Houston, or all Clark needed to do was be better than Ford and not fuck up.
So you do agree that if Ford lines up on side we win the superbowl? :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:04 PM 12-24-2020
So you do agree that if Ford lines up on side we win the superbowl? :-)
Maybe.

Our defense in 2018 also gave up 54 points to the Rams that season, setting a new NFL record for a team scoring 50+ points and still losing a game.

So maybe we win the SB, and maybe we don't, because that defense was God-awful, period.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:08 PM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Maybe.

Our defense in 2018 also gave up 54 points to the Rams that season, setting a new NFL record for a team scoring 50+ points and still losing a game.

So maybe we win the SB, and maybe we don't, because that defense was God-awful, period.
Exactly. It doesn’t matter what I think.

We didn’t even make the fucking SB. That’s the point. And if you think all we needed in 2019 was for Clark to “be better than Ford and not fuck up”, then you’re an idiot.

That 2018 defense might’ve been done the second we got down 24-0 to the Texans.

Being a Ford fuck up away in 2018 doesn’t mean we would’ve been a Ford fuck up away in 2019 with hardly any changes. It doesn’t fucking work that way.

And would we still be 13-1 right now?

That’s why adding Clark and Mathieu along with the new staff and other moves was so huge. We’re way better all-around than we were in 2018 and that’s been the difference these last 2 years.

Anybody questioning the Clark trade or saying we would’ve been better off keeping Houston simply doesn’t fucking get it. They have no fucking clue.
[Reply]
-King- 03:11 PM 12-24-2020
Maybe.

I don't think Mahomes was going to have another turnover game. So I bet we would have won.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:14 PM 12-24-2020
I don't think Mahomes was going to have another turnover game. So I bet we would have won.
Well, but what the stats say contradicts what your feelings say, by a vast margin.:-)
[Reply]
-King- 03:14 PM 12-24-2020
Exactly. It doesn’t matter what I think.

We didn’t even make the fucking SB. That’s the point. And if you think all we needed in 2019 was for Clark to “be better than Ford and not fuck up”, then you’re an idiot.

That 2018 defense might’ve been done the second we got down 24-0 to the Texans.

Being a Ford fuck up away in 2018 doesn’t mean we would’ve been a Ford fuck up away in 2019 with hardly any changes. It doesn’t fucking work that way.

And would we still be 13-1 right now?

That’s why adding Clark and Mathieu along with the new staff and other moves was so huge. We’re way better all-around than we were in 2018 and that’s been the difference.
You extrapolated a lot from Dane asking me about 2018. I never said that we could keep the same team and run it back. When did I ever say that we didn't to make hardly any changes to win in 2019 or that signing Matheiu and other players wasnt necessary? But yeah in 2018, yeah we would have won if not for that one penalty.
[Reply]
-King- 03:15 PM 12-24-2020
Well, but what the stats say contradicts what your feelings say, by a vast margin.:-)
Meant 5 turnover game. Including 2 for scores.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:16 PM 12-24-2020
You extrapolated a lot from Dane asking me about 2018. I never said that we could keep the same team and run it back. When did I ever say that we didn't to make hardly any changes to win in 2019 or that signing Matheiu and other players wasnt necessary? But yeah in 2018, yeah we would have won if not for that one penalty.
I didn’t claim you said anything that you didn’t.

You said Clark just “needed to be better than Ford and not fuck up”.

You said we would’ve been better off keeping Houston and not trading for Clark.

Did you not say these things?

Because those 2 things make it painfully obvious that you don’t fucking get it.
[Reply]
-King- 03:22 PM 12-24-2020
I didn’t claim you said anything that you didn’t.

You said Clark just “needed to be better than Ford and not fuck up”.

You said we would’ve been better off keeping Houston and not trading for Clark.

Did you not say these things?

Because those 2 things make it painfully obvious that you don’t fucking get it.
In 2018.

And yeah the second statement. I think Houston + First round pick + 2019 2nd round pick + saved $80mil >> Clark

And you know we could have still signed Mathieu and Breeland and made other changes even with Houston. Players cap hits could have been managed to accommodate his hit. But like I said, he wouldn't take the pay cut so it's all moot.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:26 PM 12-24-2020
Meant 5 turnover game. Including 2 for scores.
Okay. Given.

But it's a fact that the Rams matched KC score for score down the stretch.

In spite of the fact that in 2018 we had a top-3 sack defense, two of the "best sack artists in the game today," the best 3rd down defense, etc. ad nauseum.

Although, I grant you, that the game was truly lost on a terrible INT by Mahomes to effectively finish the game for the Chiefs, but really it was the completely awful performance by KC's defense throughout that game, and really throughout that season, that spelled disaster for the Chiefs.

Which is why I laugh at anyone that holds up regular season "sacks" as some kind of indicator of defensive success.

Been there, done that. Repeatedly.

Say whatever you like about Frank. He's lightyears better than Ford and Houston ever were, regardless of sack count. He helped create this defense as it is now, and deserves all the credit in the world for his part in it.

Oh, and FUCK sack stats.
[Reply]
Page 268 of 435
« First < 168218258264265266267268 269270271272278318368 > Last »
Up