ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 435
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:13 PM 10-14-2019
We should give Junior Gallete a shot. Fuck it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:35 PM 10-14-2019
Veach’s 2019 draft at least isn’t a total abortion. Not all of those guys are gonna hit, and they could all end up being washouts (though Thornhill and Hardman probably won’t) but you’re not gonna look at a year-by-year of Chiefs draft history and compare it to some of the utter abortions like the Tyson Jackson draft or any of the Vermeil era drafts.

2018 might just go down as one of those kinds of drafts.

If 2018 was just an aberration and Veach can actually draft okay, then we’ll be fine
[Reply]
doomy3 05:35 PM 10-14-2019
Mark Collins blowing Clark up on Holthus’s show.
[Reply]
doomy3 05:38 PM 10-14-2019
Said Clark told him they didn’t have any passion to stop the run. Collins said, “this is the same guy who got run over by the quarterback for a touchdown.” Holthus is uncomfortable in this interview where he just wants to put the hammer down.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:40 PM 10-14-2019
D is about to be galvanized.

We are going to boatrace the donks.
[Reply]
BF88 05:53 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
D is about to be galvanized.

We are going to boatrace the donks.
Donkeys gonna have Lindsay juking Clark out of his cleats if he has to try and bring him down 1 on 1.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:55 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by doomy3:
Said Clark told him they didn’t have any passion to stop the run. Collins said, “this is the same guy who got run over by the quarterback for a touchdown.” Holthus is uncomfortable in this interview where he just wants to put the hammer down.
:-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:59 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dorsey has a pretty shitty deal of his own on his ledger for a DE this off-season, though. And one that flat out floored me when it was made.

Why ANYONE bailed out the Giants on that Olivier Vernon guaranteed money is beyond me. And to give up a quality G in Zeitler to do so is pretty !@#$ing bad.

But if we're talking degrees here, the Clark deal is significantly more damaging than the Vernon deal, even if the Vernon deal had significantly less upside. If you squint you can see why Veach spun the wheel on the Clark trade - bad idea, but there's a 'damn the torpedoes' logic to it. The Zeilter/Vernon swap, OTOH, was a bizarre one that I couldn't figure out from the word go.

I don't think Dorsey is perfect by any means. He does make mistakes - but most of those mistakes have been overblown by people who felt the need to justify the Chiefs decision to move on from him. Writ large, Dorsey did an awfully good job here and put Veach in a great position to succeed (Veach assumed a FAR better situation than Dorsey did). Veach simply hasn't done anything with that momentum.

Dorsey got excoriated for his 'terrible cap management' (without acknowledging the bare cupboard he inherited or the mandate to be competitive immediately) but it was EASY to get out from under what he did. This team's had a ton a flexibility the past 2 seasons. The problem is that Veach has taken all that wiggle room and pissed it away.
This part really is hard for me to comprehend. I remember people bitching up a storm about him giving up big contracts, but apparently Veach gets a pass and is allowed to blow his load on all sorts of trash from other teams. At least the contracts that Dorsey gave out were to home grown players that were great. Veach is overpaying monetarily and with draft capital.

Sammy Watkins $16 mil/yr (That is the 9th highest per year average of all WR). Giving $16 mil/year to a WR that was never in the top 20 in receiving yards. His average ranking in that category was 66th. Just based on that he should have made probably half of what he did and then you take into account he has only played 1 full season and that was his rookie season. Yeah he is good if he plays, but God damn, he never plays.

Anthony Hitchens $9 mil/year (12th highest yearly average among all inside line backers) he fucking blows. That's all I have to say about that.

and last the worst thing that Veach has done

Frank Clark $20.8 mil/year, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, Chris Jones (22nd highest paid player in the entire league by yearly average. The 4th highest paid defender in the league.) The absolute worst of the worst. This could probably be the worst move by any GM in the last decade. We gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder and then made him the 4th highest paid defender in the league. We also gave him so much that not we probably can't afford Chris Jones.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:34 PM 10-14-2019
That's good coming from a guy that was supposed to be some big time leader. All he seems to do is run his fucking mouth. Sure, talk is fine during training camp and pre season, if you are actually going to fucking lead by example when the time comes.

He's not a leader on this defense and for anyone to act like he is is fooling themselves. I bet most all of the players have 0 respect for him. Fucking guy comes in acting like some badass and gets clowned on damn near every play of every game that he's in. He was brought here to bring an attitude to the D and so far he's been a worthless pussy.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:39 PM 10-14-2019
WTF?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:41 PM 10-14-2019
This entire defense looks soft. At least the first 2-3 weeks they were swarming to the ball, blowing up the flare passes and screens and flying to the ball.

Last few weeks they just look beat. They look like a team that knows they suck.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 08:18 PM 10-14-2019
Trying to find this. Can you post a link?
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 08:29 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
This entire defense looks soft. At least the first 2-3 weeks they were swarming to the ball, blowing up the flare passes and screens and flying to the ball.

Last few weeks they just look beat. They look like a team that knows they suck.
At least they aren’t retarded too
[Reply]
notorious 08:48 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
At least they aren’t retarded too
:-)
[Reply]
doomy3 09:04 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
Trying to find this. Can you post a link?
I don’t have any kind of a link. It was on the Chiefs Kingdom show tonight on 810.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 435
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Up