ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 173
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:05 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Something very unexpected happened today and I needed it. My doorbell rang about 10 am and it was Pastor Kris from my church, St. Mark's Lutheran, where I have not gone in two years due to cancer stuff. I was afraid they might think I was dead. It turns out that our vet, Doc Knappenberger, gave her our address. She lives in Perimmon Hill, so we're practically neighbors. She gave me Communion which I've sorely missed, and then annointed me with oil for an extra blessing. She is going to see me every week and bring me Communion until my trip and then once I return. Thank you, God, for this gift today! I have to stop typing now because I can't see so well through tears.
Thanks for sharing, your perseverance is a blessing for all who know you.

Stay strong and draw strength from knowing you are loved.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:34 PM 03-24-2017
Very happy to hear that news, Ed. God bless ya'!
[Reply]
srvy 09:48 PM 03-24-2017
A little brightness from above when dark clouds seemed to be rolling in.

God Bless you Ed keep that warrior fight burning.
[Reply]
scho63 12:14 AM 03-25-2017
Hard to imagine anyone as tough as you Ed....just incredible.

I hope the trip goes smoothly, you deserve it for sure!
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 07:13 AM 03-26-2017
On way to Church. Always say a separate prayer for you. Stay strong.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:33 AM 03-29-2017
I was getting used to having one biliary drain, but I am back in the hospital and now have to contend with two of them. Groan.
[Reply]
Sfeihc 08:54 AM 03-29-2017
Stay strong, Ed.
[Reply]
Chromatic 12:53 PM 03-29-2017
I'm sure that's just a precaution the hospital is taking because your balls keep getting in the way.

You're doing good, man.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:02 AM 04-04-2017
I've been out of it for several days now with a lack of energy so I have not been on here. The bags are off my drains and the one in the center of my abdomen hurts me when I get in and out of bed or off the sofa. It leaks a lot, too, which concerns me but not the docs. I have new meds to take with the ones I already have, and am waiting for Walgreens to get it together and fill one that is marijuana based. Insurance is causing the delay, going on 5 days now. I am weak due to muscle and weight loss. My arms are spindly and my face and neck are very thin. Those who met me at Barley's a while back could see that was not the case. I was a bit chunky then. I hope the weed med will boost my appetite because I look scary being so thin.

I started on some immunotherapy last week and go in again Thursday and then the 20th. So, three treatments under my belt will hopefully shrink and kill some tumors. The way I am now, I'd have to cancel my trip and that is causing me stress.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:06 AM 04-04-2017
I'm pulling for you, Ed. I so very badly want to read posts of how amazing this trip was.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:59 AM 04-04-2017
Hang in there bud.
[Reply]
FRCDFED 03:24 PM 04-04-2017
Keep fighting Ed!! We're all pulling for you!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:35 PM 04-04-2017
Stay in it, Ed. You've come a long way and we're not done yet.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:39 PM 04-04-2017
Marinol can cost upwards to $2000 per month without insurance. Private insurance doesn't like to pay for it. And it is only synthetic THC. It would be hard to smoke that much a month and you would be better served with a broader cannabidiol profile than marinol can offer. Look into activated vegetable based glycerin tinctures and transdermal patches. Vaping is always a great way to deliver medicine as well. But I think that option may not be available or wise with your condition.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:34 PM 04-04-2017
Fight like all get out brother, we love ya (no homo), we praying for ya, and you're in our thoughts..
[Reply]
Page 145 of 173
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155 > Last »
Up