ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 272 of 287
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:48 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I was in the mood for a comedy and fired up Shotgun Wedding.

It’s dumb as shit but made me laugh. Normally I’m not into that kind of shit but I was in a mood. If silly comedy is your bag, do it. Lenny Kravitz is awesome.

And somehow Jennifer Lopez at 53 looks goddamned spectacular. Defies physics, logic, biology. All of it. I don’t understand.
I find Josh Duhamel likeable and watchable in an action role. I think he's even pretty good in a father figure role.

I fucking HATE him in rom coms. Sadly, the guy's so annoyingly good looking that he gets cast in them a lot.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 09:02 AM 06-02-2023
Anya Taylor-Joy.

She’s hot as ****.

Ana Taylor Joy was really good in Queen's Gambit. That is a really well-written and well-acted streaming series.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:03 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I find Josh Duhamel likeable and watchable in an action role. I think he's even pretty good in a father figure role.

I fucking HATE him in rom coms. Sadly, the guy's so annoyingly good looking that he gets cast in them a lot.
Eh, he was OK.

There are a lot of guys that would be a lot better, but there was enough cheese it fit right in there.

Annoyingly good looking is an apt description.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:07 AM 06-02-2023
Eh, he was OK.

There are a lot of guys that would be a lot better, but there was enough cheese it fit right in there.

Josh Duhamel is a dollar store Timothy Olyphant.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:09 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
Ana Taylor Joy was really good in Queen's Gambit. That is a really well-written and well-acted streaming series.
Yeah, I started rewatching it because DJLN is all up in here talking about her.

I had forgotten how good it was. And knowing the beats that it hits, I can appreciate the nuance I glossed over before.

It is definitely a good re-watch.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 02:43 PM 06-02-2023
Yeah, I started rewatching it because DJLN is all up in here talking about her.

I had forgotten how good it was. And knowing the beats that it hits, I can appreciate the nuance I glossed over before.

It is definitely a good re-watch.
i never read the book it was based upon, but the streaming series had incredible screenwriting.

Tons of nuance, and had all kinds of sexual and racial things that could have gotten into tiresome woke tropes, but never descended there.

Ana had obstacles, but was never a "victim." Chess was a boys club, but when she proved her excellence over the board, the chess obessed guys totally accepted her as a peer.

The whole thing about substance addiction, but how the substance addiction helped her visulize chess in her head was an interesting theme, and so much more emotional nuance in the characters was top shelf writing, and the actors executed the parts very well.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 02:46 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I watched an absurd tongue-in-cheek movie called Wild Things (1997) last night starring some pretty big name actors in Kevin Bacon, Matt Dillon, Neve Campbell, Denise Richards, and Bill Murray. I vaguely remember hearing about it growing up (and in particular a certain scene involving Denise Richards), but no idea how I'd never seen it before. It's something that definitely wouldn't be made today for various reasons, but it was pretty hilarious.
Denise Richards totally rocked that one piece bathing suit. SHe was a terrible Bond girl but hot as fuck in Wild Things.
[Reply]
rydogg58 03:24 PM 06-02-2023
Eh, he was OK.

My wife loves him. He's some kind of spokesman for the company she works for and every time he's in the office she makes sure she goes to work instead of working from home.

A couple months ago they were doing inventory and noticed a tractor was unaccounted for. After a lot of searching they found out that it was still parked at his farm. I guess he used it for a commercial and they forgot to drive it back.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:25 AM 06-03-2023
Just watched Knock Knock.

Jesus fuck that gave me an unbelievable amount of anxiety.

And Ana De Armas is so frickin hot. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:11 AM 06-03-2023
Of course, the alternate ending really makes it an origin story for John Wick :-)

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:02 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Just watched Knock Knock.

Jesus fuck that gave me an unbelievable amount of anxiety.

And Ana De Armas is so frickin hot. :-)
Don’t ever let strangers in your house, especially hot women. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 03:14 AM 06-04-2023
Vengeance with BJ Novak...who even wrote the film. Was fantastic. Stay until the end. Ashton Kuchar also plays a great part.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 04:14 PM 06-04-2023
Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse is good. If you liked the first one, you will enjoy this one as well.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:26 PM 06-06-2023
Just watched The Menu after Critical Drinker recommended it and it didn’t disappoint. Good movie. It was driving me nuts though as I recognized the voice of the Elsa character (Asian maitre d) but couldn’t figure out where she was from. Turns out it’s the actress from the Night Agent on Amazon. Just looks totally different in both roles with hair and costume.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:56 AM 06-13-2023
We watched Air last night. Very good!
[Reply]
Page 272 of 287
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282 > Last »
Up