ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 286
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:25 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Wildcat2005:
Then you must hate Tarantino movies

You were taking that movie too seriously if the violence bothered you
The over the top violence was on purpose to keep the movie light hearted
no, I like QT movies. The difference is those involved in the violence are not innocents.

Seriously, explain to me what is funny or amusing about random people on beaches or at a baseball game murdering each other? What about that would make audience members laugh? It's a sad state of affairs....

I watched John Wick last week, 142 murders and didn't bother me. Becuase it's not the same.
[Reply]
Wildcat2005 11:38 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
no, I like QT movies. The difference is those involved in the violence are not innocents.

Seriously, explain to me what is funny or amusing about random people on beaches or at a baseball game murdering each other? What about that would make audience members laugh? It's a sad state of affairs....

I watched John Wick last week, 142 murders and didn't bother me. Becuase it's not the same.
Really you think no "innocent" people die in any Tarantino movies?
Ever see dusk till dawn?

I didn't laugh at the church scene, but people are not laughing at the thought of someone dying

It is the over the top video game esque way in which people are dying that was "amusing" as you put it

I thought the Church scene was choreographed and shot in brilliantly, which is why I enjoyed it

This isn't Schinlders List; it doesn't try to take itself serious
Hell one of the villains has swords for legs for crying out loud
Know what kind of movie it is and watch it through those lenses
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:22 PM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Wildcat2005:
Really you think no "innocent" people die in any Tarantino movies?
Ever see dusk till dawn?

I didn't laugh at the church scene, but people are not laughing at the thought of someone dying

It is the over the top video game esque way in which people are dying that was "amusing" as you put it

I thought the Church scene was choreographed and shot in brilliantly, which is why I enjoyed it

This isn't Schinlders List; it doesn't try to take itself serious
Hell one of the villains has swords for legs for crying out loud
Know what kind of movie it is and watch it through those lenses
Im said that wrong, sure innocent people die, but innocent people aren't wantonly slaughtering each other. I had no issue with the rest of the movie, just think it would be a much better movie had they shown some restraint.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:36 PM 03-03-2015
Tried to watch "Scribbler" on Netflix but that thing was such a turd I turned it off after 20 minutes...
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:28 PM 03-06-2015
All of you out there with Encore On Demand service, man I cant recommend "Tyson" enough.

I decided long, long ago that he wasnt the bad guy he was portrayed as back in his heyday... but this drives it home for me, I'm no more than 25 minutes into it and I'm enthralled.

He's exactly what I figured him out to be... a directionless, innocent and yes, timid kid in a bad situation. D' Amato and the earlier Irish guy really put him on the right path.

I've liked him for years now, but this doc makes me like him even more... he was only a monster in the ring.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:03 AM 03-07-2015
Watched 'the over nighters' on Netflix

Really awesome documentary about the friction between out of town oil boomers and smal town North Dakotans. One of the beats docs I've seen in awhile.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 06:15 PM 03-07-2015
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Watched 'the over nighters' on Netflix

Really awesome documentary about the friction between out of town oil boomers and smal town North Dakotans. One of the beats docs I've seen in awhile.
I agree that was one of the best documentaries I've seen in a while. The turn of events at the were very haunting.
[Reply]
-King- 07:06 PM 03-07-2015
Watched 15 minutes of the "Bruce Willis Movie" Vice.

Being kicked in the balls for 15 minutes straight would have been a better use of my time.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:09 PM 03-07-2015
Originally Posted by -King-:
Watched 15 minutes of the "Bruce Willis Movie" Vice.

Being kicked in the balls for 15 minutes straight would have been a better use of my time.
What the hell is that?

Never heard of it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:09 PM 03-07-2015
With a big thanks for nothing, King... lets just say this looks like a truly awful piece of Bruce Willis crap.

Dude made bank to put this piece of shit on film, **** Hollywood, Bollywood, Saudiwood or whoever put up the money for a mess like that.

Could've put a trailer in here, decided not to.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 11:29 AM 03-15-2015
Focus is really good.
[Reply]
In58men 12:03 PM 03-15-2015
Dumb and Dumber To was a lot better than I thought.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:19 PM 03-15-2015
The Kingsman is brilliant. Highly recommended.
[Reply]
RobBlake 04:21 PM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Focus is really good.
i enjoyed it too.. will and magrot have an even better chemistry off screen.. pretty sure they bonked lol
[Reply]
beach tribe 04:44 PM 03-16-2015
I liked Night Crawler.

Just wished it would have ended with him getting ass raped in prison.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 286
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Up