ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 152 of 173
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:25 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Kate Mara's Class of 09 has been interesting thus far
Is that one on Hulu? I remember seeing it somewhere and thought I should check it out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:32 AM 06-02-2023
Finally broke down and got HBO. Been watching Silicon Valley.

It's hilarious on the one hand but on the other, it's both scary and sad how closely it follows the actual tech industry. Too many times I've laughed at a joke that I only understand because I've lived it.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

It's hilarious on the one hand but on the other, it's both scary and sad how closely it follows the actual tech industry. Too many times I've laughed at a joke that I only understand because I've lived it.
My wife bought me the Gilfoyle funko because according to her "you look similar"
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:24 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Succession. Just do it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:38 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Succession. Just do it.
Yes.

Don’t go in expecting or rooting for anything. Just take it in.
[Reply]
In58men 11:03 PM 06-02-2023
Big shout out to Lew and Buehler! Just finished the first season of Peaky Blinders, it’s damn good. We’re definitely hooked, thanks fellas.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:31 AM 06-03-2023
I rewatched Queen's Gambit because the Anya Taylor-Joy conversation stirred my interest.

I forgot how damn good that show is.

I had only watched it the first time through. It's worth a re-watch because there is a shitton of nuance and depth that I blew by because I was trying to figure out where the story was going. The performances were fucking excellent. Even if they were filled with pain and trauma. I really really enjoyed the show. Even if it isn't the happiest story.

Most of the story points aren't my bag. Women, orphans, chess, the 60s, drugs, abuse, meh nothing gets me jumping up and down. But they created compelling characters and told a compelling story. And it was awesome.

Just goddamned compelling television.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:42 AM 06-04-2023
Saw Stallone's "The Samaritan" on Amazon Prime and it was badass.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:35 PM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just got to the Aethelwold blinding scene.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

500 people have been gored, women beheaded, I'm sure pets barbecued at some point. But man, THAT was friggen gnarly.
Damn Aethelflaed - that's a GREAT rack...
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:19 PM 06-05-2023
Damn Aethelflaed - that's a GREAT rack...
Yeah dude. She’s hot as the surface of the sun.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:22 AM 06-06-2023
So, I’ve binged Barry over the past few weeks. Wrapped up last night.

Loved the whole thing, because I thought early on “Oh, this is Barry’s version of the song Hook.”

I think the plan the whole way was to draw people in and then make subtle jabs at the anti-hero thing.

Stephen Root is pretty underrated. Fiches, man, what a character.

There were some tough moments for me (seeing how John was raised brought up some traumatic memories), but all in all a really fun ride.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:21 AM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So, I’ve binged Barry over the past few weeks. Wrapped up last night.

Loved the whole thing, because I thought early on “Oh, this is Barry’s version of the song Hook.”

I think the plan the whole way was to draw people in and then make subtle jabs at the anti-hero thing.

Stephen Root is pretty underrated. Fiches, man, what a character.

There were some tough moments for me (seeing how John was raised brought up some traumatic memories), but all in all a really fun ride.
They weren't really that subtle...

And again, maybe I'm just jaded by listening to Hader talk about the character, but the feeling I got was the first season was the tone the initially wanted, then the audience reaction to Barry was so strong that Hader recoiled from it. He seemed to think that it would be easier to turn audiences on Barry (I think the Chris Incident was where he expected everything to fall into place) and when it didn't work out that way, he just kept getting darker and darker. He was just rolling up bigger newspapers every week to whack the viewer on the nose with.

I kinda wish I could 'unhear' Hader's take on the characters because in the end, it made every decision he made about as subtle as a sledgehammer for me.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:13 AM 06-06-2023
They weren't really that subtle...

And again, maybe I'm just jaded by listening to Hader talk about the character, but the feeling I got was the first season was the tone the initially wanted, then the audience reaction to Barry was so strong that Hader recoiled from it. He seemed to think that it would be easier to turn audiences on Barry (I think the Chris Incident was where he expected everything to fall into place) and when it didn't work out that way, he just kept getting darker and darker. He was just rolling up bigger newspapers every week to whack the viewer on the nose with.

I kinda wish I could 'unhear' Hader's take on the characters because in the end, it made every decision he made about as subtle as a sledgehammer for me.
I didn't even watch any Barry commentary from Hader, and it was painfully obvious Hader grew to loathe his creation and America's preoccupation with violence. The first 2 seasons were dark comedy genius, the 3rd season was a fart in the wind, and while I enjoyed the 4th season for its well executed episodes,he really sucked the fun out of the room whenever Barry was on screen. I suppose "The Message" was more personally important than delivering on the premise of "hitman joins theater group and wacky hijinks ensue".
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:30 AM 06-06-2023
holy shit, just watched episode 1 of Ash vs The Evil Dead :-)

I can already tell i'm gonna be binge watching all 3 seasons
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:46 AM 06-07-2023
I think you should leave is the best show on Netflix. I think I’ve watched the new season about 200 times already.
[Reply]
Page 152 of 173
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162 > Last »
Up