ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Nzoner's Game Room>LNBS: This will end up one of our best WR groups in some time.
BossChief 11:03 PM 06-02-2023
Next to Tyreek, Toney might be the most talented WR we’ve had in a very long time. He’s up there with anyone. If he can stay healthy, he has a chance to have close to 1300 receiving yards and maybe as many as 15 touchdowns. Hopefully our training staff has been able to help with his durability.

Rice is going to end up an upgrade to Juju by game 10.

Skyy Moore flashed the ability to get open almost instantly and outside of punt returns has very dependable hands. I think he ends with 750 or so yards and 5-7 TDs.

MVS is one of the fastest players in the game and teams are going to be putting more focus on the shorter passing game to stop Kelce, Moore and Rice underneath from killing them and that’s going to open up some opportunities for big deep strikes to MVS.

Justyn Ross has been getting a lot of praise, so far. Who knows what kind of impact he could have after having a year with the playbook and his foot testing out very strong this summer. He could get opportunities to shine if one of the top guys goes out for a few games and he shows he can be exactly where they want him yo be.

Richie James is a dependable and underrated player. I actually like his playing style quite a bit and think he’s a good fit here.

Watson had a few decent impact games last year and helped us win some big games. His big play in the playoffs was a great way to start with some energy.

John Ross is very very fast, so there’s that.

This group will also be aided by teams spending resources on defense to stopping Kelce and that’s going to open up tons of single coverages for these guys. Let’s not forget who’s getting them the ball, either.

I honestly think Pat is going to have a 5k 50td season again.

If the group is/stays healthy, he might get close to breaking both records of

5477 passing yards
55 passing TDs
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:31 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I know you didn't mention Moore. I was referring to the fact that James played mostly in the slot in NY. Moore is mostly thought of as a slot receiver by those outside the organization, although that's not what the Chiefs say.

I agree that Moore's development is pretty important. The team seems to feel good about it, so I'm feeling good about it, too.
Oh; okay, I was confused where that came from.

All the expert opinions I’ve read say James is a slot guy, doesn’t have the size/strength/speed to win consistently on the boundary. Most have him pegged as depth; not a starter.

So, not my opinion. Paid analysts opinions.

He does look like a slot guy in his highlights.

Regardless, we’ll provide need him to play a bigger role than strictly depth sooner or later. Hopefully the experts are wrong.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:00 PM 06-08-2023
James had 591 snaps at WR last year for NY.

488 of those were from the slot.

2 seasons before that, he had 401 snaps and 321 of them were lined up out wide. Basically 2/3 of his snaps before that were out wide.

He will play where Andy thinks he can be most effective.

To me, Andy seemed to pull back praise a hair with Skyy with the “look, he’s doing a great job, now he needs to keep at it and keep improving” (not exact quote, but paraphrasing)

To me that indicated to me that Andy didn’t exactly feel Skyy made enough progress as a rookie…but I may have misread that part of his presser.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:04 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
James had 591 snaps at WR last year for NY.

488 of those were from the slot.

2 seasons before that, he had 401 snaps and 321 of them were lined up out wide. Basically 2/3 of his snaps before that were out wide.

He will play where Andy thinks he can be most effective.

To me, Andy seemed to pull back praise a hair with Skyy with the “look, he’s doing a great job, now he needs to keep at it and keep improving” (not exact quote, but paraphrasing)

To me that indicated to me that Andy didn’t exactly feel Skyy made enough progress as a rookie…but I may have misread that part of his presser.
Originally Posted by :
“Skyy has worked real hard this offseason. He looks like he’s on the same page with Patrick [Mahomes],” Reid said in his press conference. “In these camps, he’s doing a real nice job. Let’s keep on advancing as we go — and he’ll do that because he’s wired right to do that.”
I have no idea how you got that from this.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:17 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I have no idea how you got that from this.
The “let’s keep advancing as we go” seemed -to me, at least- to indicate he didn’t “keep advancing” last year at one point.

I think the fumbles threw Skyy off his game for awhile last year.

It’s possible that at least part of the reasoning behind signing James was in case Skyy didn’t/doesn’t continue to improve like we need him too. And I think he will.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up