ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>6/1 Chiefs press conferences
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:32 PM 06-01-2023

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:38 PM 06-02-2023
I thought Toub's comments on Nazeeh Johnson,(I think I got the name right). were interesting. He's making the roster.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:45 PM 06-02-2023
The Chiefs having too many good DBs is a phrase I never thought would pass my mind's lips.

:-)
[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 03:31 PM 06-02-2023
Here's the ChatGPT transcript for Connor Embree:

Reporter: Nice, last but not least, Coach Embree. Can you maybe take us through your history? We know you're from Blue Valley West.

Embree: Yeah, I'm a coach's son, so I've been moving around my whole life, pretty much. I moved out here when my dad got in with Herm Edwards, so I moved out here freshman year of high school and went to Blue Valley West. Then I went to KU, walked on there, played under coach Gill for a year, and then Charlie Weiss the next three. Then I stayed with Coach Beatty as a GA there for two years. I kind of hopped around some high schools, went up to San Fran with my dad, did a Bill Walsh internship out there. Eric Bieniemy helped me get out here, so I've been here since 2019.

Reporter: It seems like you're a young guy, but you go through that resume, it's a lot of work to get here. What were the past couple of years like here when you're just behind the scenes doing things and now you've accomplished becoming a position coach for this franchise?

Embree: Yeah, I mean it's a lot. I'm young, but I've been around it my whole life. My dad's been in this business. My brother is a coach for the Jets, my uncle is a high school coach out in Santa Margarita, California. But yeah, it's always been in my blood. I grew up wanting to be a coach. Coach Reid puts a lot on us, like you said, the behind the scenes type of people. I learned a lot, had a bunch of great coaches to learn under, and it's just been fun.

Reporter: After being with him at practices and workouts, what are your initial impressions of Rasheed Rice?

Embree: Rasheed is doing great. The whole group's doing great. I like all 12 of them. They've all been in working. I have zero complaints. Rasheed has got some juice to him. He's a bigger body guy that we don't really have in our room, so he's a little different in that way, but he's been great. He's been great in the classroom, great on the field.

Reporter: How have you seen Skye take the next step now and during his second season?

Embree: Skye's been great. We put a lot on him last year. Usually, when we get a receiver, we try to keep them at one position and it's easier to learn that way. But we threw a lot at Skye last year. He played every position, all three of them, X, Zebra, and Z. He came back in great shape, he looks stronger, he's a little bigger, and then he just got that year under his belt. He's not that little puppy dog anymore, he kind of understands what's going on, understands the tempo we practice at, and just how to be a pro.

Reporter: When it comes to Justin Ross, do you get the sense that he has what it takes? Is it just a matter of staying healthy?

Embree: Justin again is another one. He worked hard last year. He was in every meeting, so he kind of got a year under his belt also, just without the playing aspect of it. But he's been great, and I'm excited for him. I can't wait to see him out on the field and see what he can do. He's another kind of different body. We don't have someone like him, so he's good.

Reporter: What do you think expectations should be for him?

Embree: I think it's just like everyone else in the room. It's whatever you want it to be. It's up to them. We give them the tools, we teach everyone the same way. Everyone's in the same meetings, so it's really up to him. He's got the talent. He's obviously in the NFL for a reason, so it's just like anyone else in the room. They've got to go earn it.

Reporter: Can you explain what one of the hardest assignments that Andy Reid gave you was, something that helped you become the coach you are today?

Embree: I don't know if it's just one in general. I can't think of one specific moment, but that's how he coaches everyone. There's a standard. It's not just for the players, it's for the coaches too. You learn that fast. You're either out or you're coming up to the standard. But like I said, it's been great learning from one of the greatest, or the greatest coaches there's been in this league. I always joke that he's forgotten more football than I'll probably ever learn.

Reporter: Could you specifically talk about each one of the guys you've coached? It's a very diverse group of guys you've coached with at different levels.

Embree: I try to take something from everyone. I tell the receivers the same thing. When you're watching film, don't just watch the defense, watch the other receivers, see what they're doing. I try to take whatever I can, and still be myself. I'm always learning, and that's one thing I learned from coach Reid. He's in install meetings, and when someone's up there, he's taking notes. So if he's taking notes, I'm taking notes.

Reporter: Once you get into the Andy Reid circle, you're in it. How tough is it to live up to his standard?

Embree: It's hard to be in this league in general. I tell our guys all the time, you're one of 32. So there's only 31 other X receivers or Z receivers. Just that, and there's 31 other receiver coaches out there. There's a standard being in the NFL, and then there's a standard if you want to win Super Bowls and go to consecutive AFC or NFC championships like he did. There's a reason he's done it here, there, all over. So why not follow him?

Embree: Thanks everybody. Appreciate it.
[Reply]
scho63 04:13 AM 06-03-2023
Me no see vid vid. It be blocky blocky
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up