ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Nzoner's Game Room>Money no object, where else in the World would you live?
scho63 07:31 AM 05-31-2023
Take away your current location and say you decide you are going to move to the place of your dreams.

Where in the World is it?
US?
An island?
An exotic land?
Europe?
South America?
Asia?

Describe the perfect place, size of your house and what you are going to do. You have 10 years at a minimum in this location.

For me it would be one of three places:

1. Greece-never been there but dream of living an island hopping lifestyle. A small house of 800-1000 sq ft. 2 bed/2 bath and a nice outdoor area with a small plunge pool.

2. Italy-been there twice and love the location to travel all over Europe. The laid back life and food would turn me into a fat guy again but all the walking cities would help. Plus all the history. Again same size house

3. Vietnam-I would buy a nice 2Bd/2Ba condo on the beach in Nha Trang and travel all over Asia. Thailand, the Philippines, Bali, Indonesia and more. Love Vienamese food and happy endings.

So where are you headed? :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:12 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Kimosabi been around the world like diddy
I do work in international creative advertising after all
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:16 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Newport is awesome. I have a time share condo in Newport and go there for a week or two every year.

I'd mentioned Laguna Beach instead, which is about five miles down the road, mostly because I've never been sure what Newport's boundaries are and think Laguna is more pedestrian-friendly. But parts of Newport are pedestrian friendly out on the Balboa Peninsula and Balboa Island. And then somewhere between Newport and Laguna is the town of Corona Del Mar, which is also pedestrian-friendly, though it's kind of bifurcated by the main road, which makes it a little more challenging than walking around in Laguna.

I'd put Laguna at #1, but I'd pick any of these three places without hesitation. And in any of them you'll see more Lamborghinis than panhandling vagrants. They're in Orange County, which is a conservative stronghold in SoCal, and I suspect they bus any vagrants up to Los Angeles or something.

Yeah everyone go live in Newport or Laguna. Keep Dana Point pristine
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:00 PM 06-02-2023
Colorado or Arizona.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:24 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Yeah everyone go live in Newport or Laguna. Keep Dana Point pristine
I don't understand Dana Point. I see the big harbor, which looks cool, but it looks like it's got a big hotel and some restaurants and about ten houses. Does everyone live underground there?

I should note that I've never ventured off the PCH in that area, so maybe I'm missing something.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:51 PM 06-02-2023
Alternative Choice #3: Ehime Prefecture, Japan

[Reply]
scho63 03:58 AM 06-03-2023
I love the PBS show Journeys in Japan.

I have learned so much and seen a lot of unique and beautiful places there. The one sad part is the country is in a massive contraction due to a large negative birth rate and closed immigration policy. There are abandoned old cities and buildings nearly everywhere outside the 4-5 major cities.

They are tipping to a near extinction as they have a huge imbalance between a very old population and less and less younger people.
[Reply]
Big TT 05:25 AM 06-03-2023
I just returned from 2 weeks in Italy....it's very beautiful. People were cool, food/wine was EPIC.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:51 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I don't understand Dana Point. I see the big harbor, which looks cool, but it looks like it's got a big hotel and some restaurants and about ten houses. Does everyone live underground there?

I should note that I've never ventured off the PCH in that area, so maybe I'm missing something.
My aunt lived there for years, it's quiet with fantastic neighborhoods and everything is close that you want. It doesn't feel congested. It's a place for living when you don't care about being in the "city center" to put it into House Hunters lingo
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:55 AM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by Big TT:
I just returned from 2 weeks in Italy....it's very beautiful. People were cool, food/wine was EPIC.
I don't do well with sulphites which is in all our wine here.

In Italy they don't have those preservatives and the wine is cheaper than the water. It's a whole different experience.

It's kind of hilarious when I see threads on this forum about people hating Italian food and I'm like yeah you aren't going to the right places. It's very easy to make shitty Italian food because it is based on simple ingredients but when it is done right it's MAGIC.

Like making a hard starch ball of months-old pasta, not salting the water or using fresh ingredients and then just calling it cacio e pepe at like Buca Di Bepo is the kind of thing that makes Italians cry.
[Reply]
scho63 10:20 AM 06-03-2023
Last time I was in Italy in the late 90's I stayed in Forli with Darryl Dawkins and his 2nd wife Robbin. He took me and my buddy to this incredible Italian restaurant in Bologna. I ordered "Tre della casa", three pastas of the house.

One was gnocchi in pesto, one meat and cheese lasagna and the third was fettuccine in a mushroom sauce.

To this day I have never had a better or fresher pasta dish. I still dream of it.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:30 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:

I have learned so much and seen a lot of unique and beautiful places there. The one sad part is the country is in a massive contraction due to a large negative birth rate and closed immigration policy. There are abandoned old cities and buildings nearly everywhere outside the 4-5 major cities.

They are tipping to a near extinction as they have a huge imbalance between a very old population and less and less younger people.
There are abandoned buildings and houses you can buy for cheap right in the middle of Tokyo, Osaka, Yokohama, Kyoto, and Kobe. Pretty much every major city. The expensive part is renovating and bringing them up to code.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:58 PM 06-03-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:

This is going to be the US in a decade. Shitheads like me are ruining the country by not having kids. Its going to be a problem.
[Reply]
Big TT 01:37 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I don't do well with sulphites which is in all our wine here.

In Italy they don't have those preservatives and the wine is cheaper than the water. It's a whole different experience.

It's kind of hilarious when I see threads on this forum about people hating Italian food and I'm like yeah you aren't going to the right places. It's very easy to make shitty Italian food because it is based on simple ingredients but when it is done right it's MAGIC.

Like making a hard starch ball of months-old pasta, not salting the water or using fresh ingredients and then just calling it cacio e pepe at like Buca Di Bepo is the kind of thing that makes Italians cry.
The Cacio e Pepe was fantastic in Rome....I'm going to "attempt" to duplicate it soon.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:21 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This is going to be the US in a decade. Shitheads like me are ruining the country by not having kids. Its going to be a problem.
There's no problem a country needs to fix in which the solution is "BWillie should reproduce," so you're good.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:22 PM 07-10-2023
I can't see myself leaving the US permanently. Even with its faults, it's just too good of a country all things considered.

Having said that, we are really considering Raleigh, NC area and may move there as soon as next year. It's an absolutely awesome area. 2 hours East is the ocean front, 2 hours West is the Appalachian Mts. Myrtle Beach is only 3 hours away, NYC only 7 (9 if you want to go by train through the beautiful country side). DC isn't fair if you want to check out history. You aren't far from Jacksonville either.

I really like quick access to the mountains and ocean as well as being in a medium sized, not too big of a city.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up