ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 207
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 PM 10-13-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Nice find. It's seririously hard to find around me . I've had ones I enjoy more but consider it a benchmark of good bourbon.
Yeah it’s good
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:46 PM 10-31-2018
What would you guys pick between Knob Creek or Buffalo Trace?
[Reply]
penguinz 07:59 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Knob Single Barrel. Too much licorice in the BT for my taste.

Too bad I can’t drink anymore. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 08:00 PM 10-31-2018
Knob Creek 100/100 times. Not a huge BT fan here.
[Reply]
BottomShelfBoose 08:26 PM 10-31-2018
Knob creek 10/10 and the bottle makes me stiff
[Reply]
srvy 08:32 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Knob Single Barrel. Too much licorice in the BT for my taste.

Too bad I can’t drink anymore. :-)
I love black licorice probably why I like BT although I get a more cinnamon note and longer finnish than Knob Creek. Honestly Knob Creek kinda bores me but I always grab a xmas gift box every year for the really nice collector glasses.
[Reply]
redfriday 08:38 PM 10-31-2018
"Any Bourbon drinkers out there?"

Not anymore, I ran out of bourbon an hour ago. So then, I switched to the beer in the fridge.
[Reply]
BottomShelfBoose 08:41 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by redfriday:
"Any Bourbon drinkers out there?"

Not anymore, I ran out of bourbon an hour ago. So then, I switched to the beer in the fridge.
pls tell me its bud light orange
[Reply]
srvy 08:45 PM 10-31-2018
Do you like a cinnamon fairly long finnish get BT though its not the best buy it once was with the price increase. If you like a bit more heat with definite alcohol taste Knob Creek 9 y.o at 100 proof is more that. The Christmas gift box es should be out soon Knob Creek is golden with nice bourbon glasses. At a few dollars more Russell's Reserve, Evan Williams Antique and Smooth Ambler Scout are very good and in stock in Price Chopper up North so probably other locations to. If you like the heat in your Bourbon Old Grand Dad 114 is in stock to and 30.00 bucks. I would take the Dad 114 over Knob Creek but thats just me.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:46 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Knob Creek 100/100 times. Not a huge BT fan here.
Dammit. They had knob on sale I went with BT
[Reply]
lewdog 08:48 PM 10-31-2018
Dammit. They had knob on sale I went with BT
Not really a wrong choice, just a better one. If looking in that price point, Russell's Reserve (it's a 10 year) would be my choice. Have you had that?

At least you aren't drinking shitty Jack Daniels anymore Billay. Thank you and God bless.
[Reply]
Strongside 08:53 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I found a bottle of blantons. Pretty good stuff
I found a bottle yesterday as well. First time in 3 years I’ve seen it on the shelf.

Also bought a bottle of Breckinridge Port Cask Finish. It’s nice. Almost has a bit of a Canadian flair to it, but still holds its Bourbon profile.
[Reply]
srvy 09:00 PM 10-31-2018
This is the time to strike on bottles you normally dont see year round as xmas stock is filtering in. Price Chopper had 3 different bottles of Old Forester between 40 and 50 bucks I was salivating for but I had already picked out Angels Envy I wanted to try and a cheaper daily drinker Old Overholt Rye.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:08 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
I love black licorice probably why I like BT although I get a more cinnamon note and longer finnish than Knob Creek. Honestly Knob Creek kinda bores me but I always grab a xmas gift box every year for the really nice collector glasses.
Not sure where you get cinnamon unless you get it from spiciness of the rye.

You are the only one I have ever heard say there isn’t a licorice. BT even says licorice is part of the finish.

http://www.buffalotrace.com/mobile/expert-reviews.html
[Reply]
srvy 09:12 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Not sure where you get cinnamon unless you get it from spiciness of the rye.

You are the only one I have ever heard say there isn’t a licorice. BT even says licorice is part of the finish.

http://www.buffalotrace.com/mobile/expert-reviews.html
I didnt say there wasnt a licorice note in fact I said its probably why I like it. But I get cinnamon also in the finnish.
[Reply]
Page 85 of 207
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Up