ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 195 of 207
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 06:23 PM 05-05-2023
Alright I'll point you at it, it's out in Lenexa at the Gomer's on 87th, a few blocks west of 435. I made a fuss over it when I was checking out, I want 'em to keep it in stock. You make a fuss, too. They have lots of nice $60 bourbon. I want more nice $14 bourbon.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:29 PM 05-05-2023
Anyone ever had this?
[Reply]
srvy 06:30 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan:
Alright I'll point you at it, it's out in Lenexa at the Gomer's on 87th, a few blocks west of 435. I made a fuss over it when I was checking out, I want 'em to keep it in stock. You make a fuss, too. They have lots of nice $60 bourbon. I want more nice $14 bourbon.
Indeed!!
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:35 PM 05-05-2023
Me when I see that BigOl has posted in the bourbon thread

[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 07:25 PM 05-05-2023
For that - I'll tell you some more bourbon stories. The original post in this thread was about Buffalo Trace. It's a nice name for some whiskey that I used to drink under a different label. It's a 'wheater' - they use plenty of corn to make it, but 'smooth it out' with a lot of wheat in the mash. I used to drink a lot more wheaters than I do these days, Let me point you at the Buffalo Trace folks big family of whiskey - including some Canadian stuff.
https://www.whiskeyuniv.com/buffalo-trace-tasting
Those Wellers & W.L. Wellers are dandy 'wheater' bourbons, but they want a lot more money for 'em these days than the good old days (when I was the only guy buying 'em). The Old Charter line is another old fave - their 90 proof is a fave, good buy for the money. Another 'good buy' on the page is the Benchmark stuff. It's not as good as some of their $89/750 whiskey but it won't cost all that much. I recommend the 'black label' version. Eagle Rare is nice - but too pricey for me. It's a nice one to ask for when someone else is buying a shot. Ancient Age is another lower priced drink in their line. If you like 'smooth' their 10 year old is a smooth, semi affordable drink. If you find one with a 10 year label - try and buy it. If it's just an Ancient Age 10 label...well, here... read this.
https://thebourbonculture.com/whiske...ourbon-review/

Some more good reviews at that site. Pour a small dram and read a bit and keep amused until football season rolls around again. We deserve it.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:40 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Anyone ever had this?
Nice bottle to make a bong out of and nothing more.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 09:52 PM 05-05-2023
https://thebourbonculture.com/whiske...urbon-drinker/

Another bourbon article I liked
[Reply]
trndobrd 10:08 PM 05-05-2023
Anyone ever had this?

Yes. I have a bottle of Willett Pot Still. I was terribly disappointed when I first tried it. I was expecting something similar to the bottle of Willett family single barrel I have. Not even close.

About a year later, I took it out and gave it another try. Compared to other bourbons in the $40 range it was a little below average, not particularly complex. From Willett, the Old Bardstown 10 year 101 is a better bourbon at a better price.

The price is not bad, the bourbon is OK for the price point, and the bottle is eye catching. I think they use the bottle so stores have to put it up on the top shelf. That is not where the contents belong. Now that I have the bottle, I would not buy again.

Having said that...for some reason I broke out the Pot Still during the half-time show and drank it exclusively during the second half of Super Bowl LVII...so it will always have a place of honor in my cabinet.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:14 AM 05-06-2023
Anyone ever had this?
It makes a gurgling sound when you poor it, which is kind of fun. The bourbon itself is just meh.
[Reply]
trndobrd 11:13 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Nice bottle to make a bong out of and nothing more.
:-)

That would explain the sales of an otherwise ho-hum bourbon.
[Reply]
|Zach| 05:47 PM 05-06-2023
Picking up the new Rieger offering tomorrow...

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:46 PM 05-06-2023
I know it's not bourbon, but I had a Lagavulin pour this evening at The Craic in Parkville, MO, man was that AWESOME!!! Do it at least once in your life.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 11:33 PM 05-06-2023
I'm enjoying a glass of VOB 86 right now, thought I'd share a review w/all y'all.

https://scotchnoob.com/2020/11/09/ve...rton-86-proof/

It's not the best bourbon ever. But it may be the best $14/750 bourbon I've ever tried. Hard to find (outside of Kentucky). Hey, that's a reason to go somewhere on vacation!
[Reply]
srvy 11:34 PM 05-06-2023
Anyone ever had this?
Yep it's in the cool bottle class of bourbon with Blanton where the bourbon is ok just not memorable to me. I know a lot of people love Blanton's here though. I used that willett pot still reserve as an infinity bottle till I finally got a decanter.
[Reply]
srvy 11:59 PM 05-06-2023
I took the wife shopping at the Asian markets so she could restock. That meant that I got to hit a few liquor stores. Didn't have time to check out Lenexa Gomers but hit the Gomers near Liberty.

Picked up these

Wellers Antique 107- one of my personal favs
Old Forester Statesman- another personal fav
Remus Repeal Reserve- never had so we will see but reviews were good

The last stop Hyvee

Russel Reserve 10-one lone bottle on the shelf so couldn't resist as its another I like at a fair price.
[Reply]
Page 195 of 207
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199205 > Last »
Up