ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3529 of 3903
« First < 2529302934293479351935253526352735283529 3530353135323533353935793629 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 08:26 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
I have friends who are awaiting full FDA approval. They aren’t terrified conspiracy theorists, they just look at the extremely low mortality rate of COVID and don’t feel motivated to run out for a vaccine that is not fully approved. Not that unreasonable.
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
You call it an excuse; I call it a choice. To set the record straight I decided to get vaccinated late last fall. I'm in my mid 70's. I'm not afraid of the vaccine just as I've never been afraid of Covid-19. I basically got vaccinated to calm the fears of people whom I might meet face to face. I haven't worn a mask for a long time and I just avoid places that still require a mask. My choice, and I don't get upset at whether anyone does or doesn't. :-)
I apologize. I have a bad habit of lumping people who are waiting for reasonable reasons in with the crazy anti-vaxxers.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:46 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I apologize. I have a bad habit of lumping people who are waiting for reasonable reasons in with the crazy anti-vaxxers.
I tend to doubt there are a ton of the former.

If you don’t trust the government generally and the interim FDA approval specifically, why is a formal government certification going to change your mind.
[Reply]
Coach 09:00 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
loochy isn't a dumb dumb. He's not being serious.
Didn't say that.

I was just explaining this, because we all know there are still people out there that are hesitant on getting it, because of that reason, that's all.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:01 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
I have friends who are awaiting full FDA approval. They aren’t terrified conspiracy theorists, they just look at the extremely low mortality rate of COVID and don’t feel motivated to run out for a vaccine that is not fully approved. Not that unreasonable.
Why are long term side effects of the vaccine a bigger concerns than long term side effects of Covid especially when we know for sure there will be for covid, the focus of death rates is understandable but you tend to miss the big picture .
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:03 AM 06-27-2021
Sorry if this has been posted before.

But I realize some people worry about the unknown longer-term consequences of taking the vaccine. How about the unknown longer-term consequences of covid?

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...g-as-it-sounds

Originally Posted by :
The U.K. has been running an incredible project called UK Biobank involving half a million adults ranging in age from 40 to 69. They provide regular blood and other samples, as well as detailed health information plus thousands of scans, including brain images using MRI. This has allowed researchers to conduct one of the most rigorous analyses of the effects of Covid on the brain. What makes the data especially powerful is that they compare brain images before and after a Covid infection in the same people. So what did it show? Even mild cases of Covid led to loss of volume in certain areas of the brain, specifically those involved in processing smell and taste. But they also found statistically significant brain volume loss in the gray matter — the thin layer on the surface of the brain that contains most of the neurons — in other areas involved with memory formation. The authors speculate that this raises the possibility that even mild cases of SARS-Cov-2 infection can have deleterious effects that may last long past the period of infection.

[Reply]
stevieray 09:18 AM 06-27-2021
Freedom of choice.

What a beautiful thing.
[Reply]
TLO 09:45 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
Didn't say that.

I was just explaining this, because we all know there are still people out there that are hesitant on getting it, because of that reason, that's all.
Understood
[Reply]
wazu 10:19 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Why are long term side effects of the vaccine a bigger concerns than long term side effects of Covid especially when we know for sure there will be for covid, the focus of death rates is understandable but you tend to miss the big picture .
I understand that argument. For the record I am vaccinated and have generally encouraged others in my life to do the same. My point was just that there are reasonable people who have held off. If the FDA were to grant "full" approval I think we would see another pretty significant wave of vaccinations happen.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:48 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

But I realize some people worry about the unknown longer-term consequences of taking the vaccine. How about the unknown longer-term consequences of covid?

The scary part of that is that I use my brain almost every day.
[Reply]
Otter 01:57 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Nobody knows your body better than you and you have the right to choose what's right for you.
[Reply]
sedated 06-27-2021, 03:41 PM
This message has been deleted by sedated. Reason: .
Monticore 04:41 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
I guess in the end we all agree - your body, your choice.
I would be out a job if people didn’t treat their body like shit , but it does put a drain on the medical system and raises costs for insurance I assume.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:54 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Nobody knows your body better than you and you have the right to choose what's right for you.
I agree and that's why I'm pro-choice.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:20 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Dealing with people everyday for the past 25 years regarding medical issues I would disagree with you , 90% of the population make uneducated guesses regarding their body .
[Reply]
DaFace 06:26 PM 06-27-2021
Can we not turn this into an abortion of a thread? Kthxbye.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:43 PM 06-27-2021
I read about Springfield, MO diverting patients the other day (maybe in this thread), and the "my choice" stuff makes me wonder....

...in an otherwise black and white world (unvaccinated Covid patients wouldn't continue spreading Covid to other towns, and the lack of 'slippery slope' with hospitals being full of people who have made "my choice"), shouldn't Springfield area hospitals now be keeping so many ICU beds open and divert Covid patients? Should hospitals, with any future spikes, open new ICUs or stretch resources thin, etc; when they could just divert people who chose not to get vaccinated?

...and if given your choice to not be vaccinated, but you got Covid and needed an ICU visit, would you be okay with then driving 3+ hours to another hospital, or not receiving care at all?

I have family members who say "if Covid gets me, then I die", but then I wonder how far that attitude goes in terms of expecting health care and the chance to beat it. :-)

It was actually the Tour de France thread that got me thinking about it... instead of one person ruining it for everyone and doing something stupid like limiting access for fans, they're just suing the shit out of that one person.
[Reply]
2112 06-27-2021, 06:51 PM
This message has been deleted by 2112. Reason: Eh nvmind
Page 3529 of 3903
« First < 2529302934293479351935253526352735283529 3530353135323533353935793629 > Last »
Up