ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3521 of 3903
« First < 2521302134213471351135173518351935203521 3522352335243525353135713621 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 09:58 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
The Cleveland Clinic on Tuesday released a study showing that 99.75% of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 between Jan. 1 and April 13 were not fully vaccinated, according to data provided to Axios.

Why it matters: Real-world evidence continues to show coronavirus vaccines are effective at keeping people from dying and out of hospitals. The Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines have been found to be 95% and 94% effective, respectively, at preventing symptomatic infections.

Details: The study also looked at 47,000 Cleveland Clinic employees who had received one shot, both shots or no shots at all.
  • The Cleveland Clinic found that 99.7% of its employees who were infected with the coronavirus were not vaccinated, and 0.3% of infections occurred in those who were fully vaccinated.
  • The study found that in this group, mRNA vaccines were more than 96% effective in protecting against coronavirus infections.
While factually true, I kind of hate stats like that. Vaccines weren't very prevalent back in January, so it seems a little silly to give a percentage of patients who were vaccinated going back that far. It's not far off from saying "In October 2020, 100% of patients were unvaccinated." Well...yeah...no shit.
[Reply]
wazu 10:00 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's no question that it depends on your peer group. From the polls I've seen, you're less likely to get the vaccine if you are middle-aged, non-college-educated, or politically conservative. If the people you interact with are none of those, rates are going to be very high. If you interact with people who are all of those, rates are going to be very low.

I'm 1 of the 3. I'd guess that around 80% of the people I interact with are vaccinated.
I'm 2 of the 3. (Most are college educated.) The people that I know who are vaccinated are mostly liberal or work in healthcare. (Plus everybody who is old.)
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:01 AM 06-22-2021
I have one friend who isn't vaccinated. He claims to be waiting for J&J for some reason. I think he just hates shots.
[Reply]
NotDonger 10:07 AM 06-22-2021
Updated breakthrough case numbers which resulted in hospitalization:

3,729 out of 144 million fully vaccinated.
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While factually true, I kind of hate stats like that. Vaccines weren't very prevalent back in January, so it seems a little silly to give a percentage of patients who were vaccinated going back that far. It's not far off from saying "In October 2020, 100% of patients were unvaccinated." Well...yeah...no shit.
If it was done with health care providers, we were able to get it a little earlier though.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:22 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It will be interesting to see all the places that used a heavy hand to try and suppress this come out of it now. With no immunity built up, they're gonna have some issues.
I am just taking a guess but wouldn't you think that the places here in the US that used the "heavy" hand also have better vaccination rates? Like NYC for example.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:23 AM 06-22-2021

ONS survey indicates that 87% of adults in UK had antibodies by June 7th from vaccination or infection prior to mid-May. Given vaccination rates, simple math determines that 70% - 80% of total UK population had been infected by mid-May.

What does this imply?

— PLC (@Humble_Analysis) June 22, 2021

More importantly, if 75% of the population was infected by mid-May, this indicates that the vaccines, no matter how effective, simply came too late. Herd immunity was achieved naturally and the impact of vaccines upon the course of the pandemic was minimal.

— PLC (@Humble_Analysis) June 22, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 10:24 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am just taking a guess but wouldn't you think that the places here in the US that used the "heavy" hand also have better vaccination rates? Like NYC for example.
No clue. I guess theoretically maybe yes, but who knows.

I was talking more about places like Australia and NZ.
[Reply]
O.city 10:26 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

They wouldn't have theoretically hit HI if they're still having a rise of infections, unless it's just overshot from out of control infections.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:26 AM 06-22-2021
No clue. I guess theoretically maybe yes, but who knows.

I was talking more about places like Australia and NZ.
gotcha. Yeah I don't how they are doing in regards to vaccine. I know Vietnam had a little surge recently with the Delta variant since they still don't have large quantities of vaccine.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:29 AM 06-22-2021
They wouldn't have theoretically hit HI if they're still having a rise of infections, unless it's just overshot from out of control infections.
Deaths pretty much gone after March on their charts.
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Deaths pretty much gone after March on their charts.
So now we're changing subjects?

That would likely be due to vaccinating the vulnerable, I'd guess?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:46 AM 06-22-2021
So now we're changing subjects?

That would likely be due to vaccinating the vulnerable, I'd guess?

PLC
@Humble_Analysis
Cases began their precipitous decline in the UK during the first week of January - at time at which less than 1% of the population had received even their first dose.

Obviously, vaccines which had not yet been administered can not receive credit for the decline.

I have to run but if you superimposed Infections with Vax Rates you would find the answer. PLC (I assume is British) and that was his view.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:53 AM 06-22-2021
Someone could go through the effort to break down that survey, and the twitter user's suspect math. But we all know it wouldn't matter. You won't care. You won't learn anything. You won't change your mind. You'll just find something new to throw against the wall tomorrow.

It takes you 5 seconds to repost that stuff, and someone else all day to debunk it. You eventually win by exhaustion.
[Reply]
loochy 11:03 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I have one friend who isn't vaccinated. He claims to be waiting for J&J for some reason. I think he just hates shots.

I'm just craving the markedly less effective vaccine with more side effects!
[Reply]
Page 3521 of 3903
« First < 2521302134213471351135173518351935203521 3522352335243525353135713621 > Last »
Up