ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3019 of 3903
« First < 2019251929192969300930153016301730183019 30203021302230233029306931193519 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 02:07 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
Do you know what the numbers like this look like for in Illinois? I know Chicago and suburbs are really big on social distancing and masks. I live in the burbs now and its been ages since I've seen someone in store wo a mask.
That's sort of where I was leading. I can't go anywhere anymore without seeing people wearing a mask, even in their fucking cars. So when someone just says "this proves masks work" I have to call a degree of BS. More people are wearing masks in this country than ever before and cases are not going down, or really going up a lot either but I think you get the point.

I think there is an over-reliance on masks if you get my meaning. They are nota silver bullet and it could probably be argued that increased mask wearing hasn't necessarily reduced cases but I don't know that you can ever obtain that kind of data.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:13 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That's sort of where I was leading. I can't go anywhere anymore without seeing people wearing a mask, even in their ****ing cars. So when someone just says "this proves masks work" I have to call a degree of BS. More people are wearing masks in this country than ever before and cases are not going down, or really going up a lot either but I think you get the point.

I think there is an over-reliance on masks if you get my meaning. They are nota silver bullet and it could probably be argued that increased mask wearing hasn't necessarily reduced cases but I don't know that you can ever obtain that kind of data.
Here in Clinton, less and less people are wearing masks and we are getting multiple cases a day for such a small area. We even had a bunch reported yesterday from school infections.

When I go up to KC I actually feel alot more safe because most people are wearing them.
[Reply]
Donger 02:20 PM 10-09-2020
We don't really have guess about the efficacy of masks when we have things like this:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm
[Reply]
petegz28 02:24 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Here in Clinton, less and less people are wearing masks and we are getting multiple cases a day for such a small area. We even had a bunch reported yesterday from school infections.

When I go up to KC I actually feel alot more safe because most people are wearing them.
If your point is not wearing masks leads to bad things I would agree. But my point was when someone posts a stat that X is better than Y you can't just cast a blanket statement that masks are the reason. They could be, they could be part and they could not be in some cases.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:26 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
We don't really have guess about the efficacy of masks when we have things like this:

Thanks but that has nothing to do with what the discussion is.....
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:26 PM 10-09-2020

yeah you would think that like SD, using masks would be common sense at this point.
[Reply]
Donger 02:28 PM 10-09-2020
Thanks but that has nothing to do with what the discussion is.....
So when someone just says "this proves masks work" I have to call a degree of BS

That study proves masks work. That's all.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:29 PM 10-09-2020
yeah you would think that like SD, using masks would be common sense at this point.
Question is how do you know in the case of CA vs. Texas it was strictly because of masks?

How do you know a lot of the people who died in Tx didn't wear masks? I mean is it possible people wore masks and still got Covid and died?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:30 PM 10-09-2020
So when someone just says "this proves masks work" I have to call a degree of BS

That study proves masks work. That's all.
You're assuming one side wore masks and the other didn't without any evidence. That's my point and you know it. Now go away.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:32 PM 10-09-2020
And if masks are to prevent getting it then how does less cases but more deaths = people weren't wearing masks?

That would clearly imply that wearing a mask doesn't prevent you from getting it but prevents you from dying which is silly.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:37 PM 10-09-2020
If your point is not wearing masks leads to bad things I would agree. But my point was when someone posts a stat that X is better than Y you can't just cast a blanket statement that masks are the reason. They could be, they could be part and they could not be in some cases.
I would agree they aren't the sole reason; you still need to SD, wash your hands, and stay away from indoor places like restaurants and bars while still wearing your mask.

I just get pissed when you go somewhere and people aren't wearing masks and they are coughing and hacking everywhere. It is like..jfc are you that fucking stupid.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:39 PM 10-09-2020
I would agree they aren't the sole reason; you still need to SD, wash your hands, and stay away from indoor places like restaurants and bars while still wearing your mask.

I just get pissed when you go somewhere and people aren't wearing masks and they are coughing and hacking everywhere. It is like..jfc are you that ****ing stupid.
That must be a Clinton thing because I rarely see anyone without a mask unless it is outdoors.
[Reply]
Donger 02:40 PM 10-09-2020
You're assuming one side wore masks and the other didn't without any evidence. That's my point and you know it. Now go away.
No, I'm not, because I've read the study. I don't need to assume:

Among 139 clients exposed to two symptomatic hair stylists with confirmed COVID-19 while both the stylists and the clients wore face masks
[Reply]
petegz28 02:42 PM 10-09-2020
No, I'm not, because I've read the study. I don't need to assume:

Among 139 clients exposed to two symptomatic hair stylists with confirmed COVID-19 while both the stylists and the clients wore face masks
:-)..well that settles it...no one in TX is wearing masks so while they have less cases than CA where everyone wears a mask and shouldn't get it at all....they have more deaths.

You convinced me.
[Reply]
Pants 02:42 PM 10-09-2020
And if masks are to prevent getting it then how does less cases but more deaths = people weren't wearing masks?

That would clearly imply that wearing a mask doesn't prevent you from getting it but prevents you from dying which is silly.
I know you have a very clear agenda when it comes to masks so maybe that's reason you just posted this.

There have been numerous discussions about the potential of masks decreasing the initial viral load the wearer receives leading to milder outcomes.
[Reply]
Page 3019 of 3903
« First < 2019251929192969300930153016301730183019 30203021302230233029306931193519 > Last »
Up