ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2519 of 3903
« First < 1519201924192469250925152516251725182519 252025212522252325292569261930193519 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 07:35 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I mean, if you’re into non-sequitar, then great. Otherwise, your analogy does not apply at all.
First off it's non sequitur.

Secondly you seem to be okay to tell people they are < 1% of something so they should adjust. But you don't seem to like to equally apply that logic. Only when it seems to impact you directly.

My analogy applies fine. > 1% of this country has Covid. > .5% of this country has died from Covid. Almost 50% of that .5% are linked directly to care facilities which could be linked directly to bad decisions made by elected officials.

So if you want to play this game of numbers then you are asking over 99% of the country to inconvenience themselves and\or their businesses while at the same time telling someone who is > 1% of something to **** off.

But that's all foreplay. Since you want people with asthma or COPD to stay home because they can't wear a mask why don't we just tell everyone who is < 70 to stay the **** home because they the higher risk group and are primarily the only ones dying?

Or you could just accept the fact that some people have medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask and not be a dick about it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:35 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Scared so stay home? Not everyone has that choice depending on your line of work.

And can we stop with the pre existing and high risk bullshit. Half of those hospitalized in AZ are 20-44 years old and many without pre existing conditions. That drum died in May so stop beating it.
Half of those hospitalized in AZ are 20-44 years old

Lots of those hospitalization numbers are meaningless. If you come in for a knee surgery now they test you for Covid. If you test positive, congrats you are now a Covid hospitalization, even if you have no symptoms.

:-)

Death rate for those 40 and under close to zero.
[Reply]
Donger 07:36 PM 07-06-2020
Texas has a record day of 9,053 new cases and a repeat of highest number of deaths.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:37 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
It's difficult to find accurate hospitalization data I've found. You can go from county website to county website and piece together information but that takes forever.

I read an article for my local area today that our hospital has the capacity for up to 300 covid patients. The article said there were 100n negative pressure rooms, but they could treat 300 people if needed. That bit was kind of confusing.

We are currently at 12. The highest we've been is 21.
378 today which is 12 more than last Monday. Thought we were gonna hold but still 12 one way or the other is negligible.
[Reply]
Donger 07:37 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Lots of those hospitalization numbers are meaningless. If you come in for a knee surgery now they test you for Covid. If you test positive, congrats you are now a Covid hospitalization, even if you have no symptoms.

Are you under the impression that the R0 for people under 40 is less than 1?
[Reply]
eDave 07:40 PM 07-06-2020

That drum died as well.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:42 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
That drum died as well.
Why are you killing drums????
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:44 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Are you under the impression that the R0 for people under 40 is less than 1?
What does that have to do with anything I said?

We were discussing hospitalizations and deaths.

In any case, I highly doubt you would be able to calculate that anyway. We have been flying blind. The cases we see reported are a small sliver of people exposed.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:46 PM 07-06-2020

This age group has stayed on top of the COVID hospitalizations in AZ for the past month, so your logic is faulty.

The amount of people in their 20-40's needing hospital care is normally very low, so by your scenario this wouldn't fit the numbers. And those needing a "knee surgery" who are testing positive for COVID in the hospital and being recorded as live data over weeks and weeks simply doesn't make sense. They'd be positive and discharged home quickly, not taking up bed space. Those in the hospital in this age group are receiving lots of care for COVID symptoms.

I bet you're another dipshit who is far removed from the medical community, making more illogical claims.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:49 PM 07-06-2020
lew, you get any take on length of stay yet? My Dad keeps saying that the stays are numerous but not long. You're a bit closer to the action than he is so I am curious what you are seeing? I'd ask eDave but he can't count so well.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:49 PM 07-06-2020
This age group has stayed on top of the COVID hospitalizations in AZ for the past month, so your logic is faulty.

The amount of people in their 20-40's needing hospital care is normally very low, so by your scenario this wouldn't fit the numbers. And those needing a "knee surgery" who are testing positive for COVID in the hospital and being recorded as live data over weeks and weeks simply doesn't make sense. They'd be positive and discharged home quickly, not taking up bed space. Those in the hospital in this age group are receiving lots of care for COVID symptoms.

I bet you're another dipshit who is far removed from the medical community, making more illogical claims.
They'd be positive and discharged home quickly

They are discharged when they are done with whatever elective surgery they needed is finished. They will also be listed as a Covid hospitalization.

I bet you're another dipshit who is far removed

Sure, when one is ignorant one can become angry. There is no need to stay that way. Help is available for you.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:53 PM 07-06-2020

They are discharged when they are done with whatever elective surgery they needed is finished. They will also be listed as a Covid hospitalization.

Sure, when one is ignorant one can become angry. There is no need to stay that way. Help is available for you.
lew lives in a desert on purpose. There is no helping him, merely understanding and tolerating him. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 07:54 PM 07-06-2020

Since elective surgeries are limited right now, your argument still doesn’t work. And a young person in the hospital doesn’t tie up a bed a long time for an elective surgery, especially with bed shortages in AZ.

Optimism is the death rate currently is shown as slowed, however due to the surge in AZ we won’t know if deaths truly spike until end of July here. You’re hoping treatments have improved and the virus has weakened.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:55 PM 07-06-2020
Since elective surgeries are limited right now, your argument still doesn’t work. And a young person in the hospital doesn’t tie up a bed a long time for an elective surgery, especially with bed shortages in AZ.

Optimism is the death rate currently is shown as slowed, however due to the surge in AZ we won’t know if deaths truly spike until end of July here. You’re hoping treatments have improved and the virus has weakened.
AZ reported 1 death today. I know that is probably not accurate but hey, I am running with it.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:57 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
lew, you get any take on length of stay yet? My Dad keeps saying that the stays are numerous but not long. You're a bit closer to the action than he is so I am curious what you are seeing? I'd ask eDave but he can't count so well.
It’s hit or miss unless you’re need a ventilator. I find it crazy that so many in the young group are needing some form of hospital care from this virus.

Ventilator stays are tracking over 2 weeks on average, tying up a vent to that patient for quite a long time.
[Reply]
Page 2519 of 3903
« First < 1519201924192469250925152516251725182519 252025212522252325292569261930193519 > Last »
Up